[Today at 05:58:24 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by mileskishnish72
[Today at 05:50:19 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by barfolomew
[Today at 05:19:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 10:43:34 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32927 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
My main issue with Limbaugh is how he helped move the discourse in this country. It's no surprise that his star rose after the Fairness Doctrine was wrongly done away with.

Limbaugh's racism, misogyny, and homophobia helped make those beliefs mainstream and acceptable to a large part of society. It helped pave the way for the Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro types that push those same hateful narratives today. And Limbaugh made it okay for people to consume those beliefs and continue to push them out into society today.

He also made it more possible for the Olbermann and Maddow types that push the further agendas of the left, which helps to insulate both sides from ever hearing each other.

Limbaugh helped make our country a worse place, a more divisive place, and a nation that simply does not work as designed. He helped push our political poles further apart so we aren't even capable of talking to each other anymore. He's one of the worst Americans in the history of this country. If you have any family members you can't talk to because of politics, regardless of party, thank Rush, because he unquestionably pushed us further apart than we ever were before.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2021, 02:42:22 PM »
Celebrating death is indefensible.

Making false equivalencies and violating your own edict from paragraph 2 in paragraph 1 is ironic. But I guess it’s OK for the enlightened to be concerned about what others are doing.

I didn't celebrate his death. I just said the world is a brighter place now.

I didn't hope for Jeffrey Dahmer to get murdered in prison, but I didn't care that it happened. That made the world a brighter place as well. The deaths of Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Mao, Pol Pot, etc. also made the world a brighter place. When bad people leave this earth, life is better for everyone.

Sadly, when these people die, the cockroaches crawl out to the light to fill the void.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2021, 02:44:23 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2021, 04:30:30 PM »
I did just hear a pretty funny line:

"Rush Limbaugh is now making atheists want to believe in hell."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/linking/fundraiser?fundraiser_id=216564883501290

Over $500K donated to Planned Parenthood in memory of Rush.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #230 on: February 19, 2021, 06:24:06 PM »
Yup.  Cannot be racist if you work with a black person.

and yet "How to be an Anti-Racist" grifter, er, author, Ibrham X Kendi says otherwise (and is proof of it himself). In fact, he calls the idea racist.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/22/us/kendi-book-anti-racist-blake/index.html
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
My main issue with Limbaugh is how he helped move the discourse in this country. It's no surprise that his star rose after the Fairness Doctrine was wrongly done away with.

Limbaugh's racism, misogyny, and homophobia helped make those beliefs mainstream and acceptable to a large part of society. It helped pave the way for the Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro types that push those same hateful narratives today. And Limbaugh made it okay for people to consume those beliefs and continue to push them out into society today.

He also made it more possible for the Olbermann and Maddow types that push the further agendas of the left, which helps to insulate both sides from ever hearing each other.

Limbaugh helped make our country a worse place, a more divisive place, and a nation that simply does not work as designed. He helped push our political poles further apart so we aren't even capable of talking to each other anymore. He's one of the worst Americans in the history of this country. If you have any family members you can't talk to because of politics, regardless of party, thank Rush, because he unquestionably pushed us further apart than we ever were before.

I agree with everything in your post BUT......I read this as putting Maddow on the same 'hateful narrative' level as Carlsen/Hannity/Shapiro/etc. Olbermann? I get that 100% but I don't get putting Maddow in this club. Ardently liberal? Yep, but I've not seen her push hate.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2021, 08:35:47 PM »
I agree with everything in your post BUT......I read this as putting Maddow on the same 'hateful narrative' level as Carlsen/Hannity/Shapiro/etc. Olbermann? I get that 100% but I don't get putting Maddow in this club. Ardently liberal? Yep, but I've not seen her push hate.

so pushing a false narrative for 3 years is love? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2021, 08:41:28 PM »
so pushing a false narrative for 3 years is love?
by now you've got to know you need to be more specific, right? like specific examples with details, non 80's drug references, etc.

And please tell me you are not going to say the words "russian hoax"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #234 on: February 20, 2021, 12:18:58 AM »

That's why I put her and Keith in a different paragraph. I don't think Maddow pushes hate, but I do think her firm ideological push tends to be more insulatory for the left and doesn't encourage discussion because instead of debate, it's more just pointing at all the reasons the Right is wrong.

With leftist ideals myself, I usually agree with her, but her arguments aren't the kind I can use to have discussions with those across the aisle unless I just want the rhetorical fight.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2021, 07:16:36 AM »
That's why I put her and Keith in a different paragraph. I don't think Maddow pushes hate, but I do think her firm ideological push tends to be more insulatory for the left and doesn't encourage discussion because instead of debate, it's more just pointing at all the reasons the Right is wrong.

With leftist ideals myself, I usually agree with her, but her arguments aren't the kind I can use to have discussions with those across the aisle unless I just want the rhetorical fight.
That makes complete sense.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2021, 07:54:05 AM »
by now you've got to know you need to be more specific, right? like specific examples with details, non 80's drug references, etc.

And please tell me you are not going to say the words "russian hoax"

great!  that's like saying i slept with nin agdal with our clothes on. 

ok, she pounded the FISA abuses aren't abuses and carried water for the schiff show and eric( she probably did) swallow.   they had mounds of  concrete evidence of russian disinformation we never saw.  not even the golden shower parties.  talk about getting all geeked up then...

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2021, 07:59:40 AM »
rocket, is it really a mystery to you why no one takes you seriously?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2021, 08:11:53 AM »
  great!  that's like saying i slept with nin agdal with our clothes on. 

ok, she pounded the FISA abuses aren't abuses and carried water for the schiff show and eric( she probably did) swallow.   they had mounds of  concrete evidence of russian disinformation we never saw.  not even the golden shower parties.  talk about getting all geeked up then...

Solid drop, Monte.  That Marquette education paid off
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2021, 08:37:16 AM »
rocket, is it really a mystery to you why no one takes you seriously?

people who do take you seriously sully, scare the F**k out of me. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2021, 09:09:49 AM »

That tracks, since you're scared of everything you don't understand, and you don't care to educate yourself outside of echo chamber.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2021, 09:50:40 AM »
That tracks, since you're scared of everything you don't understand, and you don't care to educate yourself outside of echo chamber.

Yeah, you got me down hardy...my path has taken me thru 3rd shift pipe manufacturer, bartender, bar manager, apartment complex manager, bio major to dds 36 years, married 38 years, 2 grown successful boys...I’ve lived a lot more than you need to know and past the point of dumbing myself down  I believe my path has taken me a little further than an Uber driver

MU82

• All American
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2021, 09:53:05 AM »

My main problem with Maddow is that I don't like being lectured. Although I found her to be very intelligent, I stopped watching her many years ago because sometimes it felt like an hour of tsk-tsking and finger-wagging. Same was true of Chris Hayes.

Horse beaten ... and then beaten again ... and again ... and again.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »
I go through phases of watching cable news.  Right now, I am in a 8 month phase of not watching.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2021, 09:56:18 AM »

Good.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2021, 10:00:52 AM »

Yeah, you got me down hardy...my path has taken me thru 3rd shift pipe manufacturer, bartender, bar manager, apartment complex manager, bio major to dds 36 years, married 38 years, 2 grown successful boys...I’ve lived a lot more than you need to know and past the point of dumbing myself down  I believe my path has taken me a little further than an Uber driver

Thanks for the CV that no one asked for.  You must be so very proud of your accomplishments! 

And for the record, you're easier to read than The Cat in the Hat.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2021, 10:02:25 AM »
My main problem with Maddow is that I don't like being lectured. Although I found her to be very intelligent, I stopped watching her many years ago because sometimes it felt like an hour of tsk-tsking and finger-wagging. Same was true of Chris Hayes.

Horse beaten ... and then beaten again ... and again ... and again.

Because it's TV that is designed for people who want their beliefs affirmed on a daily basis.  It's a really weird drug that humans become addicted to all to easily.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2021, 10:15:09 AM »
Because it's TV that is designed for people who want their beliefs affirmed on a daily basis.  It's a really weird drug that humans become addicted to all to easily.

I'm a hopeless newspaper addict, so that's where I get the vast majority of my news. Subscribe to NYT, WSJ, WaPo, Charlotte Observer and The Athletic. I do go to YouTube occasionally and check out clips of the news shows if something looks interesting, so I do sometimes see clips from MSNBC, Fox News and CNN, as well as major press conferences. I like a little humor with my news, too, so I watch Bill Maher and John Oliver when they're on.

But yeah, I don't get folks who just sit there and let themselves be hypnotized by MSNBC or Fox News. I guess it's exactly what you say about affirming their beliefs.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2021, 10:32:29 AM »
I'm a hopeless newspaper addict, so that's where I get the vast majority of my news. Subscribe to NYT, WSJ, WaPo, Charlotte Observer and The Athletic. I do go to YouTube occasionally and check out clips of the news shows if something looks interesting, so I do sometimes see clips from MSNBC, Fox News and CNN, as well as major press conferences. I like a little humor with my news, too, so I watch Bill Maher and John Oliver when they're on.

But yeah, I don't get folks who just sit there and let themselves be hypnotized by MSNBC or Fox News. I guess it's exactly what you say about affirming their beliefs.
You would be a more well rounded person if you subscribed to the NY Post. Check out Page 6, and you will be able to keep up with all the gossip.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2021, 10:37:49 AM »
You would be a more well rounded person if you subscribed to the NY Post. Check out Page 6, and you will be able to keep up with all the gossip.

Don't forget the National Enquirer while you're at it.