[June 19, 2024, 11:34:33 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 19, 2024, 10:13:47 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[June 19, 2024, 08:33:32 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Tyler COLEk
[June 19, 2024, 08:02:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32951 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2021, 05:00:16 PM »
ZaLin

There is no doubt that Rush said some mean, nasty things over the years and everyone can/should be offended. I would not argue that point one bit. As for me, I spent a tremendous amount of time in the car for two plus decades ago and often listened to Rush. To me, he was an entertainer first and conservative talk host second. I did not agree with every word that came out of his and often cringed when he said things. I can say the same for Howard Stern who also provided hundreds of hours of entertainment to me.

Truthfully, I could not care less about the hate being thrown his way, only do not understand the level of hatred towards the man. I have zero idea if he was a good man offset, only know he was loyal and gave away a lot of money without any fanfare. He might be have been the jagoff that many believe he was and I still would not be dancing on his grave. Again, I hate cancer and Hitler.

This is a fair reasonable take. I disagree with it as I feel philanthropy amongst the Uber wealthy is a low bar but I respect the take.
Maigh Eo for Sam

reinko

• All American
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2021, 05:04:18 PM »
This is the crux, the root of the root. Celebrating, cheering, jumping for joy over someone’s death is indefensible and wrong. Period. No matter if he/she said bad things or, worse yet, did bad things. Even if you honestly feel (serial killer, etc.) that they deserved to die.

Okay, so you and others on this thread that are so appalled at folks in your words "celebrating, cheering, jumping for joy" over someone WHO already died, must be against the death penalty, right?  Your respect, kindness, and Godliness must ensure, that we need to love and protect those that have sinned greatly while alive.  But, of course, this is where y'all will say, WELL, WE ARE NATION OF MEN, AND GOD MADE MAN, AND MAN MADE LAWS, AND LOOK TO THE OLD TESTAMENT...

The amount of pearl clutching by the sweater vest, meat hangout, letter to the MUSCOOP Admin crew in this thread is high high comedy.

Keep it up y'all.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2021, 05:10:02 PM »
ZaLin

There is no doubt that Rush said some mean, nasty things over the years and everyone can/should be offended. I would not argue that point one bit. As for me, I spent a tremendous amount of time in the car for two plus decades ago and often listened to Rush. To me, he was an entertainer first and conservative talk host second. I did not agree with every word that came out of his and often cringed when he said things. I can say the same for Howard Stern who also provided hundreds of hours of entertainment to me.

Truthfully, I could not care less about the hate being thrown his way, only do not understand the level of hatred towards the man. I have zero idea if he was a good man offset, only know he was loyal and gave away a lot of money without any fanfare. He might be have been the jagoff that many believe he was and I still would not be dancing on his grave. Again, I hate cancer and Hitler.

This is a fair way to look at it. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2021, 05:47:53 PM »
Galway

I agree on Uber wealthy being charitable is an easy task, but also one that is not forced on anyone. I always believe giving time is harder than writing a check and I point that out to be people I know who let it be known they write checks. That said, many Uber wealthy give above what is needed and do so without fanfare. I will never criticize someone for spreading the wealth.

reinko
You really are fixated on pointing out the sweater vest, meat summit members, why is that? Why can't people just have a difference of opinion and respect that difference of opinion. I only question the glee over Rush's death and curious on what causes one to feel that way. Again, any one that is happy he died, it does not bother me a bit. Just makes curious on why a complete stranger would cause that type of emotion from someone.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:51:12 PM by Goose »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2021, 05:55:12 PM »
Galway

I agree on Uber wealthy being charitable is an easy task, but also one that is not forced on anyone. I always believe giving time is harder than writing a check and I point that out to be people I know who let it be known they write checks. That said, many Uber wealthy give above what is needed and do so without fanfare. Like I will never criticize someone for spreading the wealth.

reinko
You really are fixated on pointing out the sweater vest, meat summit members, why is that? Why can't people just have a difference of opinion and respect that difference of opinion. I only question the glee over Rush's death and curious on what causes one to feel that way. Again, any one that is happy he died, it does not bother me a bit. Just makes curious on why a complete stranger would cause that type of emotion from someone.

Look to post where I celebrated this mans death.  I posted twice in this thread, once with a eulogy from America’s Mayor, and my post above.  My point, is if folks have such a Godliness and place of solace for those that have past (in this case Rush), then please explain a support for capital punishment, which is literally supporting killing ALIVE people.

BTW, first time caller/long time listener, thanks for taking my call, will hang up and listen.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »
reinko

My comment to you was based off of your sweater vest comment. I have zero idea if you stood on your head or cried when you heard the news, nor do I really care. By the way, some on here might wish you were a first time caller.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2021, 07:36:02 PM »
Look to post where I celebrated this mans death.  I posted twice in this thread, once with a eulogy from America’s Mayor, and my post above.  My point, is if folks have such a Godliness and place of solace for those that have past (in this case Rush), then please explain a support for capital punishment, which is literally supporting killing ALIVE people.

BTW, first time caller/long time listener, thanks for taking my call, will hang up and listen.

This meat eater is against the death penalty.  That's Catholic doctrine.  Make some more sweeping generalizations.

I seriously doubt that a lot of you fools even personally know a conservative (besides "that uncle that you don't talk to anymore".)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »
I'm not celebrating his death.  But conservatives love to hide behind the line of "why do you need to hate someone if you don't agree with their politics?"  The hate for Limbaugh has nothing to do with his politics.  It has to do with being a horrible human being.

I don't recall a thread "celebrating" the death of John McCain on Scoop in 2018.  Maybe it has nothing to do with political party.

But yeah.  Let's compare Limbaugh to RBG some more.

Nuance, humor, and sarcasm are completely lost on you.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2021, 07:39:11 PM »
ZaLin

Maybe Rush bought insult offsets with his charity. 

You know, like the liberal climate savers do with their "carbon offsets", that allows them to fly in private jets to global warming symposia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2021, 08:00:48 PM »
Nuance, humor, and sarcasm are completely lost on you.

Shocking you’d say the quotes posted in this forum are “nuance, humor, and sarcasm.” And we wonder why we have protests in this country.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »
I was happy when Osama bin Laden got got.
Defensible and right.

It was right and necessary that he was taken out. But just because you recognized that something awful (taking someone’s life) has to be done doesn’t mean it should be a cause for glee.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2021, 08:16:18 PM »
Shocking you’d say the quotes posted in this forum are “nuance, humor, and sarcasm.” And we wonder why we have protests in this country.

You dumbass, the only RBG reference in this thread was my link to a tweet about Rs and Ds and death.  A joke. 

Lighten up, Cameron.  When is the diamond ready?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2021, 08:27:20 PM »
You dumbass, the only RBG reference in this thread was my link to a tweet about Rs and Ds and death.  A joke. 

Lighten up, Cameron.  When is the diamond ready?

You dumbass.  No it wasn't. I didn’t even read your hilarious, nuanced Tweet.

This is who liberals are.  Compare the reaction on Twitter to when Rush (or any conservative...say, Scalia) dies vs someone like RBG.  The unhinged, hateful vitriol is far worse from the Left.  They take glee in the death of conservatives.  Just look at the posters here.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:25:53 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2021, 08:28:22 PM »
Okay, so you and others on this thread that are so appalled at folks in your words "celebrating, cheering, jumping for joy" over someone WHO already died, must be against the death penalty, right?  Your respect, kindness, and Godliness must ensure, that we need to love and protect those that have sinned greatly while alive.  But, of course, this is where y'all will say, WELL, WE ARE NATION OF MEN, AND GOD MADE MAN, AND MAN MADE LAWS, AND LOOK TO THE OLD TESTAMENT...

The amount of pearl clutching by the sweater vest, meat hangout, letter to the MUSCOOP Admin crew in this thread is high high comedy.

Keep it up y'all.

Reinko

1 Not my words that they’re gleeful he’s dead - theirs.

2. I have always opposed the death penalty.

3. I like meat, and have enjoyed a meal with several Scoopers. But I don’t own a sweater vest.

4. You’re entitled to your opinions, and if you want to hate fellow Scoopers because of what you think they eat, wear or feel about various political/moral issues, by all means go ahead.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2021, 09:23:41 PM »
Maybe Rush bought insult offsets with his charity. 

You know, like the liberal climate savers do with their "carbon offsets", that allows them to fly in private jets to global warming symposia.

Because those things are definitely related. Where here was anyone asked to denounce the hypocrisy of the elite and carbon emissions? I certainly don't think that is a good thing, and it bugs me that they aren't held more accountable for it. But we certainly were not talking about that.

Alright now your turn. Is it bad to celebrate people dying from AIDs? Is it bad to dog whistle and spew hurtful racial stereotypes to audiences of millions? Is it bad to imply that all gay people will try and assault you if you aren't careful? Try not pulling bad faith whataboutism buddy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2021, 09:38:34 PM »

Alright now your turn. Is it bad to celebrate people dying from AIDs?

Yes. It’s bad to celebrate people dying from AIDs, cancer or even lethal injection. And “I thought the guy was an a$$hole” doesn’t change that at all.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2021, 10:21:36 PM »
Because those things are definitely related. Where here was anyone asked to denounce the hypocrisy of the elite and carbon emissions? I certainly don't think that is a good thing, and it bugs me that they aren't held more accountable for it. But we certainly were not talking about that.

Alright now your turn. Is it bad to celebrate people dying from AIDs? Is it bad to dog whistle and spew hurtful racial stereotypes to audiences of millions? Is it bad to imply that all gay people will try and assault you if you aren't careful? Try not pulling bad faith whataboutism buddy.

I'm not your buddy, pal.

I see you went to the Wades school of literal interpretation.    ::)

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2021, 01:04:59 AM »
Missing the point as always.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2021, 01:28:34 AM »
As a general rule I don't mourn, or cheer famous peoples death. They are just people I never knew.

But, I think context is important when discussing/criticizing how people react to Limbaugh's death. Remember this was the man that said after Jerry Garcia died:

"Just another dead doper, and a dirt bag."

With that said, the people my heart goes out to is his family. Regardless of who a person is in public life, in private life they have family who love them and are heartbroken by their loss.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2021, 02:00:58 AM »
Can we change the topic?! Since we are dissecting old comments made callously about a legendary rocker....made in cruel jest before a cynical man suffered and maybe came to some understanding of greater truths...Let’s talk some other legendary rockers....RUSH, the band.

A regular at a local bar I frequent recently started playing Temple of Syrinx nightly on the jukebox. I had forgotten that group and that tune. Talk about a band being ahead of its time! It’s like Rush predicted Orwellian Facebook, Google, YouTube, and Twitter in the early 70s. It’s like “the meek shall inherit the Earth” is the last line of defense against the BigTech/RedStar verses to come.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2021, 04:59:50 AM »
All those bad things that were said? Of course they weren't serious. They were jokes! Duh!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2021, 06:17:53 AM »
It's okay to be happy when bad people die.  I know what upsets you is that this was one of 'yours', and maybe you don't feel that he was bad.

But if I placed his quotes in a list for you guys, and didn't say who said these things, you'd probably say he was a bad guy.

His takes on race are on the level of David Duke... who many won't mourn the day he dies.  Because he, too, is a bad person.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2021, 06:47:40 AM »
I would suggest that many of us in this room need to go back and read Matthew, Chapter 5, verse 39.

Look at it real closely and then reflect on what's been posted in this room.

Doesn't matter whether you are liberal or conservative. Just read it and contemplate it.

Hopefully, it changes the dialogue a bit.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2021, 07:18:37 AM »
It's okay to be happy when bad people die.  I know what upsets you is that this was one of 'yours', and maybe you don't feel that he was bad.

I hope this is supposed to be in teal. So cynical, mean spirited and fundamentally wrong.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2021, 07:51:37 AM »
Lenny

Sadly, no teal from Hards.

feedback