[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[June 15, 2024, 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32773 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2021, 02:19:28 AM »
Multiple posters have posted direct quotes from Limbaugh and asked his defenders to give their thoughts.

So far, not a single one has done so.

Cowardly.

Lots of feelings from the F*** your Feelings contingent tonight, though.

So I'm glad they have evolved on this

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2021, 06:19:00 AM »
Not surprising at all the hateful comments here. I knew when this day came, this is how it would be among the left.  They hated Rush, because a) they couldn’t figure out how to shut him up and get him off the air, b) his conservative beliefs resonated with millions of Americans for decades, and c) he was masterful at discrediting the failed arguments and policies of liberalism, mostly in a cheerful and non abrasive way.  He was a genius at communication and relating to ordinary people, which liberal elites fail miserably at. So all the liberals had remaining was to demonize him.  This is common practice of people who can’t stand free thought and expression of ideas throughout history, if a person or group threatens your ideology, and you can’t win with your ideas and arguments, then you just try and nuke them out and label them all what Rush has been called in this thread.  The supposed quotes being attributed to him are either outright lies, or being taken completely out of context how they were expressed.

God bless Rush, may you find eternal life   in the Kingdom of God.

Men like him don’t find the kingdom of god but he is probably enjoying a different type of KC barbecue
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2021, 09:19:20 AM »
The supposed quotes being attributed to him are either outright lies, or being taken completely out of context how they were expressed.

Every quote I've posted can be verified.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2021, 09:25:04 AM »
Every quote I've posted can be verified.

Seconded for the ones I posted.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »
Can't imagine trying to change anyone's opinion one way or another on Rush at this point. But awarding him the medal of freedom and flying flags at half staff in memoriam is some real insidious Overton window sh!t.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:49:18 AM by MUBurrow »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2021, 10:34:48 AM »
Not particularly interested in speaking ill of the dead on this one. Not interested in providing the dead a hagiography that overlooks the darker details of his life either.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2021, 11:18:10 AM »
Personally, I think one should be able to agree or disagree with a person's politics, without the need to vitriolic.  If Keith Olbermann died, I'd shed no tears. But neither I nor most of the conservatives I know would be dancing on his grave either, as it's still a human life that is gone.  I'll neither celebrate nor denigrate his life.

Why is it that people who disagree with someone who has views like Rush, have the need to be so hateful and piss on the deceased's grave (figuratively or literally)?  And it cuts both ways.  Those who disagree with Olbermann's politics shouldn't be so hate filled that when he dies they have the need to spew the "rest in piss", etc. crap.  It will happen, but it'll be a fraction of the number of people who feel the need to do it when someone like Rush dies.

IBTL.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2021, 11:22:15 AM »
Personally, I think one should be able to agree or disagree with a person's politics, without the need to vitriolic.  If Keith Olbermann died, I'd shed no tears. But neither I nor most of the conservatives I know would be dancing on his grave either, as it's still a human life that is gone.  I'll neither celebrate nor denigrate his life.

Why is it that people who disagree with someone who has views like Rush, have the need to be so hateful and piss on the deceased's grave (figuratively or literally)?  And it cuts both ways.  Those who disagree with Olbermann's politics shouldn't be so hate filled that when he dies they have the need to spew the "rest in piss", etc. crap.  It will happen, but it'll be a fraction of the number of people who feel the need to do it when someone like Rush dies.

IBTL.

Again it's about what that person did in life. Rush was hateful and vitriolic (unless you'd like to pick a parts the quotes me and Pakuni posted) thus why should those who disagree with him be held to a higher standard?

Again you want to put him on a pedestal  as some conservative like Romney who is just a guy with right leaning beliefs when that's not what Rush has espoused for years.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2021, 11:33:36 AM »
Again it's about what that person did in life. Rush was hateful and vitriolic (unless you'd like to pick a parts the quotes me and Pakuni posted) thus why should those who disagree with him be held to a higher standard?

Again you want to put him on a pedestal  as some conservative like Romney who is just a guy with right leaning beliefs when that's not what Rush has espoused for years.
Where did I say anything about putting him or anyone else on a pedestal?  My point is,  Don't celebrate the person's life.  But why the need to celebrate another human being's death?

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2021, 11:37:28 AM »
Litehouse

I agree. To celebrate someone's death just be reserved for special really bad guys. I sincerely do not get the off the wall reaction to someone passing away.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2021, 11:38:25 AM »
Where did I say anything about putting him or anyone else on a pedestal?  My point is,  Don't celebrate the person's life.  But why the need to celebrate another human being's death?

Because he felt the need to do so in his life to the sick and vulnerable for the sake of making money. Or does death excuse someone's repulsive actions in life?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2021, 11:39:17 AM »

Because if that person is leading to the spread of hate then the world is better place.

I don't think any of us on the left are popping champagne and dancing on the guys grave. But as with anybody who espouses hate especially on a large scale platform I'll gladly say "good riddance" and for the record I'll say it when Bill Maher dies too.

Let me put it simple:

If person puts hate into world and end goal is to have less hate in the world then world is better than when that person dies.

Now you or goose or anyone else are more than welcome to argue the quotes Pakuni and I posted aren't hateful and convince us that Rush didn't put hate into the world which would make our reactions unjustified. But not one of you have done that instead you've just reiterated various forms of how terrible it is to be happy he's no longer around.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:45:00 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2021, 11:48:34 AM »
Here's the video evidence of many of those quotes, just so people like Hutch can stop claiming fake news.

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1362152851770920962?s=20

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2021, 11:50:27 AM »

Rush danced on plenty of graves and the misery of others.  I think he’s looking up from hell and enjoying people dancing on his grave
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2021, 11:51:44 AM »
Here's the video evidence of many of those quotes, just so people like Hutch can stop claiming fake news.

Most every guy posting one this board would flip out if I said their daughter or wife was a slut or prostitute for taking birth control for a medical condition.

They'd flip out if I said their golf outings or meat summits looked like a KkK convention.

But laugh and expect respect when the guy who said those things about others dies.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2021, 11:55:50 AM »

IBTL.

Look, celebrating the death of someone simply because your politics differ is wrong and, truthfully, I don't see much of that happening here. Maybe I've missed a bunch, so please direct me to all those posts saying "Hooray!" and "I'm so happy he's dead!"

I think you're being pretty selective in your "it''ll be a fraction" of the number bit. There were no shortage of celebratory comments about the death of RBG, as I recall.
And let's not forget which side openly promulgates a conspiracy theory whose fever dream ending features the glorious public executions of scores of Democratic politicians.
Neither side is pure here, but especially not the Right.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2021, 12:00:06 PM »

Got it, don't celebrate that Dahmer died.  Just ignore it.  I'm not saying that Rush was Dahmer, but you take my point, right?

Rush used to celebrate death, so I think celebrating his is very apropos.

I don't plan to celebrate Bob Dole's passing when he does, but I certainly disagree with his politics.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2021, 12:07:44 PM »
The world is a brighter place today.

RIP

You can guess what the P stands for.

Deplorable human being, contributed heavily to the current state of politics.

I don't celebrate his death, I mourn his life.

I take glee in the death of people who have defined themselves as human garbage for years.  I don't take glee in the death of genuinely decent people who I disagree with politically.

Rush was a POS.  Screw him.

That's just the first 3 pages on here.  That's not counting the number of people spewing hateful comments on the rest of the internet.  If it makes you feel better to be hateful to someone who died,  it's your right to do so. But I don't get it. 

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2021, 12:13:42 PM »
My lord are you really this dumb or is an act?
Nope, he really is this dumb. Years of posting don't lie.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2021, 12:15:43 PM »
Got it, don't celebrate that Dahmer died.  Just ignore it.  I'm not saying that Rush was Dahmer, but you take my point, right?

Rush used to celebrate death, so I think celebrating his is very apropos.

I don't plan to celebrate Bob Dole's passing when he does, but I certainly disagree with his politics.

Why is this so difficult to understand?
So because you celebrate death, it'd be apropos for someone to celebrate when you die?  That's a bizarre way to look at life and death, and I hope no one chooses to do that, but to each his own. 

And a serial killer is completely different than someone who was on the radio.  I know you say Rush wasn't Dahmer, but the analogy isn't even close.  Why is this so difficult for some to understand?

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2021, 12:18:31 PM »

Ha ha, like you think facts and actual video will change these peoples' minds?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2021, 12:19:11 PM »
Guy had a great voice and I've heard from several people he was the nicest guy in person.

However, complete scumbag and a top-shelf penis.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2021, 12:20:19 PM »
Lot of hate spewed here by the "tolerant" ones.
I am always awed by the "why aren't you tolerant about my intolerance" argument.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »
That's just the first 3 pages on here.  That's not counting the number of people spewing hateful comments on the rest of the internet.  If it makes you feel better to be hateful to someone who died,  it's your right to do so. But I don't get it.

When you spend your entire life spreading hate through racism, homophobia, and misogyny while also denigrating and laughing at the dead, why should it be any surprise when those who abhor those vile beliefs are less than sympathetic?

I think Goose was right:

To celebrate someone's death just be reserved for special really bad guys.

Limbaugh was one of those special really bad guys who spent his life sewing the divisiveness and hate that permeates our society today.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »
So because you celebrate death, it'd be apropos for someone to celebrate when you die?  That's a bizarre way to look at life and death, and I hope no one chooses to do that, but to each his own. 

And a serial killer is completely different than someone who was on the radio.  I know you say Rush wasn't Dahmer, but the analogy isn't even close.  Why is this so difficult for some to understand?

Words and actions matter, even on the radio, even on television,. They matter a lot given the platform and power.

This is what I posted below. Publicly, this is who he was on a daily basis. And it caused great harm and damage to many for a long time.

"Creating enemies, Hatred, Hate Speech, Violent Rhetoric, Racism, Mysogony, Homophobia, Xenophobia, thrived on having listeners with little knowledge and little basic critical thinking skills. He wasn't interested in actual dialogue or discussion. He was the template for Fox News and modern day Trumpism. He peddled lies and unconscionable misinformation daily. He exploited some people's irrational fears daily, for money. He normalized these and other things such as cruelty without compassion, in mainstream media."

feedback