collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32352 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2021, 03:59:46 PM »
I don't believe you understand the definitions of some of the terms you use, as well, as the views and content of those about whom you speak. Yiu are not alone however, not even in this thread.

Liberal was the wrong word choice.  He's a moderate dem.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2021, 04:03:46 PM »
Not really, you're attempting to make false equivalencies.  Rush is despised because he was a hate filled, racist, xenophobic, hypocrite.  You can't say the people you've named are bad people.  Rush was.

At most, Keith Olberman, but he hasn't been relevant in a decade.  If he kicked the bucked and died people under 40 would be like, "who?"

this is the most "intellectually"(used very loosely) lazy description of rush you can have.  i doubt you've listened to him enough to come up with any better.  sometimes it's best you guys just leave it alone
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2021, 04:03:52 PM »
Not at all, I'm saying there is a double standard.  People have a right to say whatever they want regarding him, Clinton, or anyone else.   But let's say the tables were reversed and Don Lemon, Keith Olbermann, Chuck Todd, Rachel Maddow, Cooper, or some flaming lib kicked the bucket tomorrow?  What if people went ape-crap and said they were happy they were dead, or they deserve it, or fk them and their audience, etc, etc?  What do you think the mainstream reaction would be vs Rush Limbaugh?  All I'm saying is that we are not philosophically consistent and the hypocrisy is palpable.

People who are gleeful with his passing are only modeling the behavior that he exhibited for years.  Which doesn't make it right of course, but spare me the double standard crap.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2021, 04:06:44 PM »

People who are gleeful with his passing are only modeling the behavior that he exhibited for years.  Which doesn't make it right of course, but spare me the double standard crap.

I didn't listen to him.  He was gleeful when people died?

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2021, 04:07:55 PM »
Do you read the Wall St Journal?  That's far from a conservative news division.  They even helped spike the Hunter Biden story, which the NY Post was proven right on.  OANN isn't even  on many people's radar, same with Newsmax.  Breitbart, Daily Wire and Caller are websites.

Take all those outlets you mentioned and compare the reach vs ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, Wash Post, LA Times, NY Times, sports media, entertainment media and add in big tech and you cannot say conservatives have the advantage, lol.

Source?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2021, 04:08:35 PM »
this is the most "intellectually"(used very loosely) lazy description of rush you can have.  i doubt you've listened to him enough to come up with any better.  sometimes it's best you guys just leave it alone

Nope.  He is scum.  And you make yourself scum when you associate yourself with scum.  There are a ton of quotes throughout this thread that are hard evidence that he is all the things I describe him to be.  There are hours of videos and radio recordings available.  And you want to talk intellectually lazy?

Stick to teeth, buffon.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2021, 04:09:05 PM »
Lot of hate spewed here by the "tolerant" ones.  I'll bet you all are appalled as well at the vitriol that I hear on CNN and MSNBC on a regular basis as well.  The guy was a huge philanthropist unlike most politicians and pundits.  Haters gonna hate.

How was attending the insurrection?

Please by all means defend the long list of quotes I put up then and show us why they are not Racist, or at least racially charged, mysogynistic, or xenophobic
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2021, 04:11:14 PM »
I'd like to add...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »
Lot of hate spewed here by the "tolerant" ones.  I'll bet you all are appalled as well at the vitriol that I hear on CNN and MSNBC on a regular basis as well.  The guy was a huge philanthropist unlike most politicians and pundits.  Haters gonna hate.

What’s your opinion on Barack Obama?  He gave to charity, too.  Haters gonna hate?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/02/06/obama-donated-over-1-million-to-charity-as-president-heres-where-the-money-went/?sh=3d5b6fc1459e

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2021, 04:16:26 PM »
Here's this thread in a nutshell till a person on the right actually defends the quotes me and Pakuni have posted.

Rush: Dies

Left: good he wasn't a good person

Right: he was a great guy the left is horrible for disrespecting this man.

Left: um can you defend all these statements...

Right: what about Bill Clinton

Left: He's scum too, can you break down those rush statements

Right: the media! The lack of tolerance! Charity! Both sides support bad people!

Left: so about defending those statements so we can see why he might be good from your perspective?
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2021, 04:17:21 PM »
Nope.  He is scum.  And you make yourself scum when you associate yourself with scum.  There are a ton of quotes throughout this thread that are hard evidence that he is all the things I describe him to be.  There are hours of videos and radio recordings available.  And you want to talk intellectually lazy?

Stick to teeth, buffon.

BUFFON?!

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2021, 04:19:48 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2021, 04:21:10 PM »
BUFFON?!

Oh god dammit, I deserve that.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2021, 04:26:12 PM »
Liberal was the wrong word choice.  He's a moderate dem.

1) This is still incorrect.

2) You seem to be missing overall point as well.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2021, 04:28:39 PM »
Here's this thread in a nutshell till a person on the right actually defends the quotes me and Pakuni have posted.

Rush: Dies

Left: good he wasn't a good person

Right: he was a great guy the left is horrible for disrespecting this man.

Left: um can you defend all these statements...

Right: what about Bill Clinton

Left: He's scum too, can you break down those rush statements

Right: the media! The lack of tolerance! Charity! Both sides support bad people!

Left: so about defending those statements so we can see why he might be good from your perspective?

Stop being intolerant of blatant Xeno/homophobia Galway, you are stifling people's ability to hate those different than them while hiding behind victimhood.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2021, 04:35:24 PM »

That "hate" is actual Limbaugh quotes.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2021, 04:54:38 PM »
1) This is still incorrect.

2) You seem to be missing overall point as well.

I guess I did.  Is your point that the mainstream media is not left leaning or that Holt is a Republican?  Or  maybe it's something else?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2021, 04:55:58 PM »
"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

-- Rush Limbaugh

“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.”

-- Rush Limbaugh

“You just gotta be who you are, and I think it’s time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call ’em gangs.”

-- Rush Limbaugh

“The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

-- Rush Limbaugh

“Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

-- Rush Limbaugh
barely scratching the surface here

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2021, 05:08:24 PM »
Al McGuire would have punched Rush Limbaugh in the face. Any honest Marquette fan knows this.

Thought and prayers for his family. I can empathize with the loss of a loved one.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »
Al McGuire would have punched Rush Limbaugh in the face. Any honest Marquette fan knows this.

Well done. And probably true.  See: Rupp, Adolf
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2021, 05:32:04 PM »
That "hate" is actual Limbaugh quotes.

In one of his books (I think "Lying Liars"), Al Franken said that he thought everything Limbaugh did was an act, that he didn't really believe what he said (I would imagine that changed in 2008 though). Meanwhile, Franken said Sean Hannity really believed what he spews.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2021, 07:05:19 PM »
https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/status/1362098058805334017?s=19

Shouldn't he be busy spreading false information about the current weather disasters?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2021, 07:12:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/SpeakerVos/status/1362169209850122248?s=19

Speak for yourself, Robin. This news has me at full staff.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2021, 07:15:34 PM »
What I've learned on Scoop over the last 24 or so hours:

Saying the N word when you're under the influence isn't a big deal.  Kids will be kids.

Rush Limbaugh and Ruth Bader Ginsburg compare favorably to each other.

Some people have really continued to out themselves here.  Guess it's easy to do so behind an internet username.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter