collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32359 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 03:00:11 PM »
This is who liberals are.  Compare the reaction on Twitter to when Rush (or any conservative...say, Scalia) dies vs someone like RBG.  The unhinged, hateful vitriol is far worse from the Left.  They take glee in the death of conservatives.  Just look at the posters here.

I take glee in the death of people who have defined themselves as human garbage for years.  I don't take glee in the death of genuinely decent people who I disagree with politically.

Rush was a POS.  Screw him.

Do you read the Wall St Journal?  That's far from a conservative news division.  They even helped spike the Hunter Biden story, which the NY Post was proven right on.  OANN isn't even  on many people's radar, same with Newsmax.  Breitbart, Daily Wire and Caller are websites.

Take all those outlets you mentioned and compare the reach vs ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, Wash Post, LA Times, NY Times, sports media, entertainment media and add in big tech and you cannot say conservatives have the advantage, lol.

All I'm hearing is that you like whack job "conservative" stuff and are trying to draw a comparison between Rush and who on the left exactly?  There are exactly zero contemporaries on the left for Rush.  There has never been lefty talk radio of any measure that approaches what Rush had.  Rush's platform was racism, xenophobia, and white supremacy.  Not surprisingly, a lot of Americans have eaten that up over the years, and Trump was the result. 

Additionally, your personal fee fees about how left some of the publications you've listed don't track with reality.  This sort of information is readily available with a simple internet search.  Do they LEAN left?  Perhaps.  But let's not pretend that Rush Limbaugh was some centrist or right leaning radio personality.  He perpetuated the right wing lunacy that culminated with the 1/6 insurrection.  He was never a compassionate conservative.  He was inflammatory, rude, a hypocrite, and he did all this while pretending to speak for the every day man.  Which he certainly wasn't.  He was Trump before Trump.  A truly divisive force in politics for decades.

The world is a better place without him.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2021, 03:02:29 PM »
My point is how fo you think liberals would react if conservatives tweeted every 5 seconds that he was a total scumbag?  Would it even be allowed on Twitter?

What's with the obsession with Twitter? But depends, did he say anything like what i had quoted rush saying? And not in the 80s or 90s but currently?

If Bill Clinton said half that crap now I'd be right along side every right wing person tweeting he's a scumbag and dancing on his grave as wel
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2021, 03:08:06 PM »
What's with the obsession with Twitter? But depends, did he say anything like what i had quoted rush saying? And not in the 80s or 90s but currently?

If Bill Clinton said half that crap now I'd be right along side every right wing person tweeting he's a scumbag and dancing on his grave as wel

Is it worse if Clinton "said this crap" or actually raped women?  Clinton is the scum of the earth.  So is Trump.  Yet we have people from both sides virulently supporting them and their repugnance.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2021, 03:09:26 PM »
Is it worse if Clinton "said this crap" or actually raped women?  Clinton is the scum of the earth.  So is Trump.  Yet we have people from both sides virulently supporting them and their repugnance.

Trump and Bill Clinton are both accused rapists.  I don't see how anyone can defend either of them with a straight face.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2021, 03:10:55 PM »
Just one example of several. The nightly news anchor at NBC is a Republican. A former Republican Congressman (95% Conservative Rating) hosts a four a day, five days a week program on NBC. The Republican former White House Communications Director for George W Bush hosts a two hour program, five days a week on MSNBC. Another hosts shows fot seven hours a week.

This is just one example.

If you're writing about Lester Holt at NBC he was a registered Republican but not anymore.  There are a number of former Republicans that are now liberals and vice versa.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 03:12:33 PM by MuggsyB »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2021, 03:11:51 PM »
A drug addict who had a thing about picking on little girls to a national audience.

Any man who has a daughter - and still respects Rush - isn’t even half a man.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2021, 03:17:01 PM »

I'm confused about your overarching point here. At first it seemed you were mad that people aren't harping on Clinton every day but now you're saying what's worse? Raping a person obviously. But that doesn't mean that two wrongs make a right, nor do they excuse people from listening to stuff that is truly objectively not moral and just wrong
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2021, 03:18:52 PM »
If you're writing about Lester Holt at NBC he was a registered Republican but not anymore.  There are a number of former Republicans that are now liberals, and vice versa.

Right, a lot of people saw the strange turn the party took and got out.  The party moved too far right for some people.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2021, 03:20:36 PM »
Right, a lot of people saw the strange turn the party took and got out.  The party moved too far right for some people.

Yeah he's not a "liberal" as muggsy says. He's probably a Reagan democrat. Far cry from a liberal.
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2021, 03:20:56 PM »
If you're writing about Lester Holt at NBC he was a registered Republican but not anymore.  There are a number of former Republicans that are now liberals and vice versa.

I don't believe you understand the definitions of some of the terms you use, as well, as the views and content of those about whom you speak. Yiu are not alone however, not even in this thread.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2021, 03:22:26 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2021, 03:25:31 PM »
He took full advantage of the end of the Fairness Doctrine.  I listened to him in the 90s.  I used him to hone arguments in my head.   I figured if I completely disagreed with him, I must be on solid ground.   If we agreed, I knew I needed to reconsider.
Eventually, he said stuff so irredeemable that I couldn't in good conscience keep listening.   And for the last 20 plus years, if a business had him on, I walked out.   Maybe I would do my business there at a different time, maybe go somewhere else.

In the '90s, my wife was a manager at a Chicago restaurant. The racist d-bag of an owner loved Limbaugh and listened to him Mon-Fri. My wife had to be in the office a lot, and she did her best to tune out Limbaugh, but sometimes it was impossible and his hatred would ruin her work day. When she quit that job to go back to school, she said she would miss some of her co-workers, "but at least I never have to listen to that racist a-hole again for the rest of my life." And she didn't.

I rarely listened to him, but of course I heard about many of the things he said. The thing I'll remember most was when, after saying for years that anybody who took illegal drugs should receive long prison sentences, he got caught having taken illegal drugs. But of course, that was "different."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2021, 03:26:43 PM »
Rush was brilliant.

My hope is that Trump takes over his show so the rest of you morons can choke on your own vomit.

We know you hate muslims.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2021, 03:27:53 PM »
If you're writing about Lester Holt at NBC he was a registered Republican but not anymore.

In Little League, my son struck out Holt's son on 3 pitches. I was sitting next to Lester when it happened. That was pretty sweet.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2021, 03:34:30 PM »
I'm confused about your overarching point here. At first it seemed you were mad that people aren't harping on Clinton every day but now you're saying what's worse? Raping a person obviously. But that doesn't mean that two wrongs make a right, nor do they excuse people from listening to stuff that is truly objectively not moral and just wrong

Not at all, I'm saying there is a double standard.  People have a right to say whatever they want regarding him, Clinton, or anyone else.   But let's say the tables were reversed and Don Lemon, Keith Olbermann, Chuck Todd, Rachel Maddow, Cooper, or some flaming lib kicked the bucket tomorrow?  What if people went ape-crap and said they were happy they were dead, or they deserve it, or fk them and their audience, etc, etc?  What do you think the mainstream reaction would be vs Rush Limbaugh?  All I'm saying is that we are not philosophically consistent and the hypocrisy is palpable.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2021, 03:39:02 PM »
Not at all, I'm saying there is a double standard.  People have a right to say whatever they want regarding him, Clinton, or anyone else.   But let's say the tables were reversed and Don Lemon, Keith Olbermann, Chuck Todd, Rachel Maddow, Cooper, or some flaming lib kicked the bucket tomorrow?  What if people went ape-crap and said they were happy they were dead, or they deserve it, or fk them and their audience, etc, etc?  What do you think the mainstream reaction would be vs Rush Limbaugh?  All I'm saying is that we are philosophically consistent and the hypocrisy is palpable.

Not really, you're attempting to make false equivalencies.  Rush is despised because he was a hate filled, racist, xenophobic, hypocrite.  You can't say the people you've named are bad people.  Rush was.

At most, Keith Olberman, but he hasn't been relevant in a decade.  If he kicked the bucked and died people under 40 would be like, "who?"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »
Incredible how a death of someone can bring out the ugliness of people who supposedly have a say in anything

A tv writer, Michael drunker tweets that rush brought “incredible joy” by dying

Another said at least he lived long enough to get cancer and die???

Do these people not understand that that bottom line, rush was a decent human being with an opinion, however different from theirs(duhh) passed away.  Another human being man.

He didn’t believe anything he said ever
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2021, 03:40:35 PM »
Not at all, I'm saying there is a double standard.  People have a right to say whatever they want regarding him, Clinton, or anyone else.   But let's say the tables were reversed and Don Lemon, Keith Olbermann, Chuck Todd, Rachel Maddow, Cooper, or some flaming lib kicked the bucket tomorrow?  What if people went ape-crap and said they were happy they were dead, or they deserve it, or fk them and their audience, etc, etc?  What do you think the mainstream reaction would be vs Rush Limbaugh?  All I'm saying is that we are not philosophically consistent and the hypocrisy is palpable.

the problem is none of the above mentioned are drug addicted thrice divorced hypocritical racists nor are they thought of a d-bags.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2021, 03:41:24 PM »

This is classic Republican "RINO" crap.  Notice Muggsy didn't say "there are former Republicans who are now Democrats" he said "there are former Republicans who are now liberals."  Being a Republican and being a conservative are not the same thing.  Same for Democrats and liberals; those two words mean different things.  Rush Limbaugh is certainly a piece of why conservative minded Americans believe their only option is to vote Republican and why they insult and disparage anyone who dares stray from the party ideology (whatever that happens to be now...I'm not sure because they didn't have a platform in 2020...)

My parents are pretty conservative minded and voted GOP for many many years, especially re: religion, but I don't think either will ever vote for a Republican again.  There is a sizeable minority of people who feel the same way, clearly Holt is one of them.  I'm glad to see some people moving away from the GOP cult, and I think not having Rush Limbaugh on the airwaves anymore will help with that.  I look forward to a sensible conservative alternative someday.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2021, 03:44:02 PM »
This is classic Republican "RINO" crap.  Notice Muggsy didn't say "there are former Republicans who are now Democrats" he said "there are former Republicans who are now liberals."  Being a Republican and being a conservative are not the same thing.  Same for Democrats and liberals; those two words mean different things.  Rush Limbaugh is certainly a piece of why conservative minded Americans believe their only option is to vote Republican and why they insult and disparage anyone who dares stray from the party ideology (whatever that happens to be now...I'm not sure because they didn't have a platform in 2020...)

My parents are pretty conservative minded and voted GOP for many many years, especially re: religion, but I don't think either will ever vote for a Republican again.  There is a sizeable minority of people who feel the same way, clearly Holt is one of them.  I'm glad to see some people moving away from the GOP cult, and I think not having Rush Limbaugh on the airwaves anymore will help with that.  I look forward to a sensible conservative alternative someday.

There are plenty of news stories about the humungous number of people switching political party from Republican to something else after Jan 6.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2021, 03:49:57 PM »
I have nothing positive to sat about Rush.

With the Rush death, my co-worker and I were discussing Glen Beck because we've met him before and know who his wife is as well as the girlfriend he dumped for his wife.  Glen wanted to get into political talk and be like Rush "because that's where the money is, not Top 40 morning show host."  Rush inspired other racists and dirt bags to get into the business compounding our current discourse.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2021, 03:50:07 PM »
Not really, you're attempting to make false equivalencies.  Rush is despised because he was a hate filled, racist, xenophobic, hypocrite.  You can't say the people you've named are bad people.  Rush was.

At most, Keith Olberman, but he hasn't been relevant in a decade.  If he kicked the bucked and died people under 40 would be like, "who?"

I'm under 40.  These are people similar to Hannity and Carlson that have divisive content, intentionally use identity politics to create anger and hate, and only give a crap about ratings and following a certain narrative.  So from my perspective yes, they are  bad people.   Most of these politicians are awful people as well. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2021, 03:57:32 PM »
Rush Limbaugh the day after Kurt Cobain died:

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentleman, a worthless shred of human debris.”

Spare me your pity party about people dancing on this man’s grave when he did it endlessly to your enjoyment.  Hope he enjoys the heat
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »
Lot of hate spewed here by the "tolerant" ones.  I'll bet you all are appalled as well at the vitriol that I hear on CNN and MSNBC on a regular basis as well.  The guy was a huge philanthropist unlike most politicians and pundits.  Haters gonna hate.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2021, 03:59:11 PM »
"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

-- Rush Limbaugh

“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.”

-- Rush Limbaugh

“You just gotta be who you are, and I think it’s time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call ’em gangs.”

-- Rush Limbaugh

“The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

-- Rush Limbaugh

“Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

-- Rush Limbaugh
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 04:06:31 PM by Pakuni »

feedback