Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is this squad a Markus hangover?  (Read 3533 times)

AlienWarrior

• All American
Is this squad a Markus hangover?
« on: February 14, 2021, 06:02:12 PM »
Disoriented since the one man show left town or is Wojo a drunken sailor that needs a new port?

panda

• All American
Re: Is this squad a Markus hangover?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 06:04:14 PM »
If we’re looking for a positive, we can now look back at Markus and appreciate his last season even more. Truly incredible to cover up so much ineptitude.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 06:19:38 PM »
Cancerous.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Viper

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »
The Hausers wanted more shots for Theo, Jamal, Greg, Ed and less for Markus. Guess Wojo might’ve known better.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 07:41:14 PM »
It was bad enough to blame our best player when he was here, now we’re trying to blame his legacy?

Viper

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 08:12:40 PM »
The Hausers wanted more shots for Theo, Jamal, Greg, Ed and less for Markus. Guess Wojo might’ve known better.
thx for correcting me. I was thinking why get more shots for guys that can’t hit the ocean from the beach. But the Wooden Award candidate...don’t shoot it? Ed, Theo...shoot it? Those Hausers were visionary’s.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 08:14:38 PM »
Markus is ridiculously underappreciated by many scoopers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 09:15:48 PM »

If he hadn't been tied to closely to Wojo, no doubt people would feel differently. But with Wojo steering us in the wrong direction while leaning so heavily on Markus as a crutch for the last 4 years, there will be some painful memories of Markus' tenure at MU. We may never see a better scorer in the blue and gold, but we will absolutely to see star players lead us to better team results. 

But you are right. I'm sure once my Wojo fatigue has worn off some years down the road I'll look back very fondly at Markus' history here. But right now, I have some mixed emotions. One thing is for sure - he was a great kid that represented the university extremely well. No doubts at all about him as a person.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2021, 09:32:36 PM »
Markus Howard is the poster boy for Wojo’s ineptitude. The guy was NEVER coached! Do you people not understand that?

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2021, 09:38:56 PM »

This year Joey would be BMOC at Marquette, oh well.
At least my BLM sticker on my car is getting some knowing nods.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 09:40:20 PM »
The past 4 years is enough evidence to show wojo the way of old yeller.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 09:50:21 PM »
I think it is a good team without a star, it happens.
A coach out of his league, literally.
A BOT with dreams of grandure.
A fan base deluded.
A country frustrated.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 09:55:18 PM »
Markus Howard is the poster boy for Wojo’s ineptitude. The guy was NEVER coached! Do you people not understand that?

Ipso fatso ... a cancer!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2021, 10:12:50 PM »
If he hadn't been tied to closely to Wojo, no doubt people would feel differently. But with Wojo steering us in the wrong direction while leaning so heavily on Markus as a crutch for the last 4 years, there will be some painful memories of Markus' tenure at MU. We may never see a better scorer in the blue and gold, but we will absolutely to see star players lead us to better team results. 

But you are right. I'm sure once my Wojo fatigue has worn off some years down the road I'll look back very fondly at Markus' history here. But right now, I have some mixed emotions. One thing is for sure - he was a great kid that represented the university extremely well. No doubts at all about him as a person.
This is the correct take. Anyone demanding unbridled reverence despite his being the Queen in Wojo’s awful chess game is not being honest.

I love Markus, appreciate his careeer at MU, and want his number retired. But his talent was used and abused by Wojo to eventually bring us to this point - a program on the brink of relevance. A place we look like we might be for a long...... long time.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2021, 10:22:54 PM »
This year Joey would be BMOC at Marquette, oh well.
At least my BLM sticker on my car is getting some knowing nods.

The same guy that has been pulled from the starting role at MSU the last few games?  the guy who was 4-12 and 1-5 from 3 point land Saturday? The guy who was 0-3 and 5 fouls and 1 rebound in 14 minutes against Nebraska?
That guy?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2021, 10:25:00 PM »
The same guy that has been pulled from the starting role at MSU the last few games?  the guy who was 4-12 and 1-5 from 3 point land Saturday? The guy who was 0-3 and 5 fouls and 1 rebound in 14 minutes against Nebraska?
That guy?

Only if Wojo is a better coach than Izzo!

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2021, 10:26:51 PM »
That guy?

Yep, that guy.  In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king, or, big fish in little pond.
Whatever, at MSU it's just reality check time for the family.  Time for sunny to transfer again?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 07:21:45 AM »
People have said Wojo is Crean without Wade. I disagree. He had four years of his Wade, but he couldn't get the same results out of his team that Crean did.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

panda

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 07:34:26 AM »
People have said Wojo is Crean without Wade. I disagree. He had four years of his Wade, but he couldn't get the same results out of his team that Crean did.

Yep - that is one of the more crazy comparisons I’ve seen. I’m glad it was resoundingly shut down whenever it was brought up.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 07:38:06 AM »

Agreed!

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2021, 08:47:51 AM »
Yep - that is one of the more crazy comparisons I’ve seen. I’m glad it was resoundingly shut down whenever it was brought up.

Maybe a better comparison would be Dukiet is Wojo without Markus

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »
Maybe a better comparison would be Dukiet is Wojo without Markus

I’d been saying “The Arkansas Pine Bluff Coach is Wojo without Markus” but this is far better.  I plan to steal it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2021, 09:14:18 AM »

Markus is not Wade.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 09:19:32 AM »
I totally appreciated Markus and loved watching him play. When he would get hot, which was often, it was like watching an effen video game.

But he was not Wade, not close.

But if comparing them helps find yet another avenue to rip Wojo - because there aren't quite enough legit reasons to rip him - have at it.