[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Wojo;s next stop (2021-22 at least) will be:

Head Coach at MU
64 (51.2%)
Head Coach at a mid-major
22 (17.6%)
Assistant Coach at a P6 school
20 (16%)
Media/game analyst for FOX, ESPN
18 (14.4%)
University administration
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: Wojo's next stop  (Read 8609 times)

Warrior of Law

• All American
Wojo's next stop
« on: January 27, 2021, 09:32:53 PM »
All of these options seem reasonable to me, although I'm thinking returning to MU may not be a choice for him.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: Wojo's next stop
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 09:35:11 PM »
He will be back at MU.  The school will be completely silent to the gnashing of teeth from fed-up fans and students.  The program is what they intended it to be.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 09:37:07 PM »
lol dumb. hes back at mu next year barring like only 1 more win this year

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:38:23 PM »
The move for Wojo should be to go back to Duke as Associate Head Coach and then roll the dice and maybe K will quit mid year and wojo can take over and pull a Gard.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 09:48:36 PM »
The move for Wojo should be to go back to Duke as Associate Head Coach and then roll the dice and maybe K will quit mid year and wojo can take over and pull a Gard.

Actually, while watching a bit of Duke game last night, I wondered about why Chris Carrawell opted to leave Wojo and MU to go back to Duke, for the equal position. Did he feel that Wojo was not a branch of K’s tree that he wanted to be out on, so he went back to the trunk? Did he realize that Wojo is not the leader that he expected?

Then again, maybe the noon games just weren’t as good as when Travis was there.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 09:51:07 PM »
Remember when people actually thought he would "bolt" for Duke 😂😂😂

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 09:53:05 PM »
Actually, while watching a bit of Duke game last night, I wondered about why Chris Carrawell opted to leave Wojo and MU to go back to Duke, for the equal position. Did he feel that Wojo was not a branch of K’s tree that he wanted to be out on, so he went back to the trunk? Did he realize that Wojo is not the leader that he expected?

Carrawell wanted to be near his son who was playing in NC in high school and now plays for UNCC
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 12:21:49 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 09:55:16 PM »

I think Carrawell was generally considered dead weight anyway, and being at Duke is better than being at Marquette under any circumstances, especially with Wojo running the show at MU.  Losing Stan and Brad "The Shot Doctor" Nelson (Physician, heal thyself!) probably actually hurt, but Carrawell's departure just meant one less guy lacing them up in the lunchtime league.

I do believe I recall seeing Carrawell with Scheyer and Coach K posing with Jalen Johnson in Johnson's living room, Carrawell looking fat and happy that he was back inside the soft bubble of the Duke program under K.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:57:40 PM by Silent Verbal »

mug644

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 09:56:26 PM »
Carrawell wanted to be near his son who was playing in NC in high school and now plays for ECU.

Useful tidbit that could be an explanation. Thanks.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 09:57:03 PM »
For the upteenth time, Wojo isn't going anywhere this year.

1) Big Buyout. Bad time.

2) Revenue -- what the impact will be is anyone's guess.

3) Covid-19 year. Limited practice, exceptional uncertainty.

Candidly, if you're going to sack him, after next year will be the time. A new coach has a fighting chance of holding the team together and could walk in and make this team really hum. The transition would be accelerated.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 10:08:03 PM »
A new coach has a fighting chance of holding the team together and could walk in and make this team really hum. The transition would be accelerated.

Who cares about holding the team together? Wojo held the 2014 team together, what was that worth? And with new transfer rules, it's even less likely.

The only new coach worth having is the one that can build their own team. If we get rid of Wojo, I'm not counting on anyone staying, nor should the new hire be motivated by that.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

panda

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 10:09:47 PM »
I think Wojo needs to start seriously considering his next job prospects. It's not going to work here and he's basically interviewing for his next stop. The next couple of months will be interesting.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 10:10:32 PM »
Who cares about holding the team together? Wojo held the 2014 team together, what was that worth? And with new transfer rules, it's even less likely.

He held it together until mid-December of his first season, when the best basketball player on the team transferred.  But I agree with your point.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 10:12:58 PM »
LMAO at the notion he could be an analyst for any network—you sorta have to understand the game in order to land such a gig.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 10:14:01 PM »
Candidly, if you're going to sack him, after next year will be the time. A new coach has a fighting chance of holding the team together and could walk in and make this team really hum. The transition would be accelerated.

Like Carton, Garcia, and Lewis aren't gonna want to bolt the moment their names are even hinted at in the draft.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 10:46:16 PM »
Like Carton, Garcia, and Lewis aren't gonna want to bolt the moment their names are even hinted at in the draft.

Carton will have to sit. Minnesota will be all over Garcia and plenty of east Coast majors (e.g. Maryland, Rutgers) will be courting Lewis.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 10:53:22 PM »
Carton will have to sit. Minnesota will be all over Garcia and plenty of east Coast majors (e.g. Maryland, Rutgers) will be courting Lewis.

I was thinking earlier tonight, when will dominos start falling of our players, especially the good ones, say enough of this crap, I can do so much better than this empty suit.  I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet.  These guys seem as dispirited as the people here are, how could you not be?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 10:56:26 PM »
LMAO at the notion he could be an analyst for any network—you sorta have to understand the game in order to land such a gig.

Have you really listened to some of these analysts? He could talk a good enough game and he looks good. I could see it happening. 

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 11:01:50 PM »
Have you really listened to some of these analysts? He could talk a good enough game and he looks good. I could see it happening.

True, some of the analysts are really bad. But he doesn’t have the personality to make up for lack of bball IQ.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 11:06:12 PM »
He's got enough basketball IQ. Just because he doesn't have the ability to manage a high-major team to our level of expectations doesn't mean he can't convey X's & O's to a rudimentary audience.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2021, 11:09:02 PM »
True, some of the analysts are really bad. But he doesn’t have the personality to make up for lack of bball IQ.

He would need a veteran and solid play by play guy to overcome his general dullness.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2021, 11:11:56 PM »

The only new coach worth having is the one that can build their own team. If we get rid of Wojo, I'm not counting on anyone staying, nor should the new hire be motivated by that.
I agree. We’ve seen enough. Chico’s loves to tell us who will be leaving etc. so it’s not wise. We have a young talented roster this year....can’t play the well wait til this guy( and his rankings)  comes in next year.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2021, 11:12:30 PM »
The issue isn’t basketball IQ, it’s charisma.  Wojo has none, he’s one of the blandest, most boring speakers I’ve seen.  Wright and Cooley have charisma, they’d be good in the booth or studio.  Wojo?  Not so much.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2021, 11:16:41 PM »
The issue isn’t basketball IQ, it’s charisma.  Wojo has none, he’s one of the blandest, most boring speakers I’ve seen.  Wright and Cooley have charisma, they’d be good in the booth or studio.  Wojo?  Not so much.
Dumb. The issue is W’s. You’re hatred of Wojo is clouding your mind now.
Charisma? That’s what you’re going with? Ok

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 11:18:49 PM »
Dumb. The issue is W’s. You’re hatred of Wojo is clouding your mind now.
Charisma? That’s what you’re going with? Ok

I was referring to him getting a job as a network analyst or color commentator.

feedback