[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Game Boycott Next Year?  (Read 11043 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Game Boycott Next Year?
« on: January 24, 2021, 10:05:57 AM »
Would anyone be interested in trying this? Essentially we all just tell our friends/family to stay home for just one game.

It'd be embarrassing on national TV so the administration would have to acknowledge the issue right?
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheese ball chaser

• All American
Re: Game Boycott Next Year?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 10:06:43 AM »
Do we really need to do that for people to not show up?

panda

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 10:08:20 AM »
I like where your head is at. A season ticket boycott would be even better.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 10:17:15 AM »
I never thought I'd get to this point, but I dunno if I'll renew next season. The points are essentially meaningless with the lower bowl inventory available.

I'm not a high-roller by any stretch, but I don't know what else there is to do to show my disappoinment with this current regime.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 10:19:12 AM »
I'm considering the 2020-21 season my boycott.  If I was paying for games this year, I'd be a bad place.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 10:56:13 AM »
I'm not saying get everyone to not reup their Season tickets, that'd be far to hard to achieve but if 1 game, especially a Big East game, next to nobody showed up then I think we'd have gotten our statement across.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 11:12:37 AM »
When you factor in driving downtown, finding parking, getting stuck in post game traffic, and then driving home, going to a game can be a 4-5 hour affair for some folks.  Attending MU games is one of my favorite things to do in winter, but with the current program under Wojo, I don't think going to games in person is really worth the time or money right now.  I wouldn't even call that a boycott, I'm just too disgusted and apathetic to do anything more than watch on tv.  If they can Wojo's ass and hire a new coach, I could get excited again.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 11:38:03 AM »
From my few times at Fishers, I have determined there is not a bad seat so will never buy season tickets.  I can get great seats anytime for an individual game.  I will reconsider when the team gets a coach capable of coaching a major D1 team.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 11:44:23 AM »
I never thought I'd get to this point, but I dunno if I'll renew next season. The points are essentially meaningless with the lower bowl inventory available.

I'm not a high-roller by any stretch, but I don't know what else there is to do to show my disappoinment with this current regime.

I’m definitely in the same boat. I’m a drop in the bucket, but it’s just not that much fun right now.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 12:14:12 PM »
Definitely a good way to send a message.  It’s got to hit the bottom line for this admin to care/take notice...let alone make a change.

I haven’t a clue on the numbers but there has to have been a steady decline in season ticket renewals with, what I imagine, will be a significant decline next year.

The apathy is at a (modern day) all time high.  I’ve gone from multi-year season ticket holder/watching every game live....to recording every game (trying not to see the score before watching)...to recording every game and watching in fast forward...to recording and checking the final score to see if I want to waste any amount of time watching any part of it.  Pathetic.

The way the team collapsed the last two seasons combined with this year’s  team, it's not worth the frustration/agony.

Obviously appreciate the clean program, etc...but it has lost all of it’s mojo.  Honestly, what does Wojo say to these kids to get them to commit?! 

I’m sure our facilities are comparable-to-better with other strong programs but that’s table stakes for any “top recruit.” 

You look at the way this team gets lost within a game, the inability for Wojo to get them back on-track and I just don’t get it.

They had one week to prepare for  DePaul....DePaul...and got outplayed.  Admittedly didn’t watch one second of the game after seeing the final score but this has to be it.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 12:17:22 PM »
Would anyone be interested in trying this? Essentially we all just tell our friends/family to stay home for just one game.

It'd be embarrassing on national TV so the administration would have to acknowledge the issue right?

I don't think that will be necessary at all.  If this season continues it's trajectory, the apathy will send a clear message.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 01:36:14 PM »
If your unhappy tell MU.  Call them, email them let them know!!  Bitching on a message board isn't going to do anything!

I think wojo should be gone!

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 02:09:37 PM »

Bad idea. Student athletes play for Marquette. Who really gets hurt? I support the young men and women wearing Marquette jerseys.

Step one. Lovell has to go. Worthless fundraiser during his tenure so far. The rest of the dominos will follow once he is gone.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 02:32:35 PM »

Bad idea. Student athletes play for Marquette. Who really gets hurt? I support the young men and women wearing Marquette jerseys.

Agree.

Regardless of one's view on Wojo or the intent behind a boycott, there is a good chance that it would hurt the players and their families, look bad to potential recruits and generally be misconstrued by the media and opposing coaches.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 03:08:41 PM »

Agree.

Regardless of one's view on Wojo or the intent behind a boycott, there is a good chance that it would hurt the players and their families, look bad to potential recruits and generally be misconstrued by the media and opposing coaches.

True, but I can't imagine home losses to Depaul look very good to recruits either.  Wojo was in over his head his first season and not much has changed between then and now.  Bring in someone who understands X's and O's!!

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 03:59:09 PM »
I thought it's only a game? Seems like a little too much effort to organize this boycott you speak of.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2021, 04:05:15 PM »
So with wojo as coach again next season we should boycott a game?  Not going to happen or make a difference.   There will be a ton of empty seats next year anyway!

Call MU!  Email MU!   let these morons know what you feel!

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 04:07:44 PM »
how many people do u think we all know? maybe if 50 scoop ppl ask others to plan this maybe we get 100 or so ppl to not show up. maybe

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2021, 05:40:31 PM »
I thought it's only a game? Seems like a little too much effort to organize this boycott you speak of.

The only a game thread was to get people to stop fighting with each other hurling personal insults, fighting with players' family members, and just contextualize the place of a game in our lives. The point of getting the administration to hear were sick of this is for fan benefit.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2021, 05:44:22 PM »
Zilber Hall has bigger fish ta fry, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2021, 05:53:37 PM »
Wojo musta been coaching the Packers today :o

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2021, 06:09:05 PM »
how many people do u think we all know? maybe if 50 scoop ppl ask others to plan this maybe we get 100 or so ppl to not show up. maybe

All movements begin with but a few - but the cause is just. Surely everyone agrees that FLM (fan’s lives matter). We’ll get Wades to write our manifesto about how the power point promised Duke North but delivered Doo Doo.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2021, 06:34:12 PM »
Who to email in the admin? I’d love to write a few folks but no idea where to start.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2021, 07:12:15 PM »
...it is only a game, yet, for Marquette, the basketball heritage that was developed, it’s more than a game. Basketball for MU is a big deal and it’s being smoked by this administration and current coaching staff. Lovell does need to go but not so sure the BOT will make that call. Hence, Wojo is probably HC for the 21/22 season. Assuming more mediocrity, Lovell or no Lovell, I do believe Wojo gets the hook.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2021, 07:36:57 PM »
Who to email in the admin? I’d love to write a few folks but no idea where to start.

This is probably the spot to start.

mailto:athleticdirector@marquette.edu