collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Who is your favorite guitarist of all time?

Jimi Hendrix
4 (7.4%)
Jimmy Page
4 (7.4%)
Eddie Van Halen
4 (7.4%)
Prince
3 (5.6%)
Eric Clapton
6 (11.1%)
John Mayer
2 (3.7%)
Brian May
0 (0%)
BB King
2 (3.7%)
David Gilmour
3 (5.6%)
Someone else
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Favorite Guitarist of all time  (Read 19488 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Favorite Guitarist of all time
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2021, 09:24:27 AM »
I watched a documentary on the making of Zeppelin 4 last night.  Pretty cool (it is on Prime if you're interested) but the most mind blowing thing for me was, that the song "Rock and Roll" came about when they were recording "Four Sticks" and couldn't quite get it, and Bonzo just kind of went off, then Page started playing over it, and 15 minutes later, they had "Rock and Roll" recorded.  Unreal.

A ton of great music docs on prime - including one on greatest guitarists.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2021, 10:10:32 AM »
A ton of great music docs on prime - including one on greatest guitarists.

Yeah, I didn't know, then after I watched the Zeppelin one last night, there were a bunch more suggestions.  I'm definitely going to be checking more of them out.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2021, 12:04:10 PM »
I watched a documentary on the making of Zeppelin 4 last night.  Pretty cool (it is on Prime if you're interested) but the most mind blowing thing for me was, that the song "Rock and Roll" came about when they were recording "Four Sticks" and couldn't quite get it, and Bonzo just kind of went off, then Page started playing over it, and 15 minutes later, they had "Rock and Roll" recorded.  Unreal.

Watched that too recently.  Pretty good show.  I, as a huge zep fan, even learned a few things.  The old video, especially at Headley Grange, was super cool.