[Today at 12:54:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

If only one Senior extends. Who do you want?

Koby
41 (31.8%)
Theo
61 (47.3%)
Jamal
27 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Author Topic: Which Senior do you want back?  (Read 9091 times)

Milkshakes

• All American
Which Senior do you want back?
« on: January 13, 2021, 08:07:59 PM »
Thoughts?  I would have said Theo for sure before the season and sure wouldn’t mind if he stays. Given our Freshman though I think I would lean Koby. 

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Which Senior do you want back?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:16:12 PM »
I don’t think as many players nationally will return for another year as some believe. I think that believed trend will apply to MUBB as well.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:28:33 PM »
Thoughts?  I would have said Theo for sure before the season and sure wouldn’t mind if he stays. Given our Freshman though I think I would lean Koby.
Does Koby want to spend a 6th year in college?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 08:52:52 PM »
O'Tule
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 08:53:01 PM »
Before the season started, I would have said Theo without hesitation. As the season has progressed however, I have been impressed with Koby’s confidence and ability to lead the team. I also hesitate about Theo’s tendency toward injuries. The kid is tough as nails, but he appears to be dealing with his second major injury in two years.

I will be thrilled if either or both (or all three) of them return, but if I had to choose one, I think I would go with Koby.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 09:03:55 PM »
As frustrating as he can be at times, Koby is clearly the best player in that group. He gets my vote.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 09:11:30 PM »
As frustrating as he can be at times, Koby is clearly the best player in that group. He gets my vote.

Need Cain, as they do not have a wing player in the program as of today.  Akanno so far has not panned out and Perez is to slow to play
small forward.  I have seen enough of the other 2, Theo has great character but I do not see him getting much better, to mechanical, and Koby
should go to Europe.  There will be an opening for one of the freshman or a transfer.  Do not see Torrence as a starter, ever.  Holes need to be
filled but there is room for a few more players.  Perez at this time might be the starting 2 guard next year.  Elliott has 2 many weaknesses in his game.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 09:17:28 PM »
Need Cain, as they do not have a wing player in the program as of today.  Akanno so far has not panned out and Perez is to slow to play
small forward.  I have seen enough of the other 2, Theo has great character but I do not see him getting much better, to mechanical, and Koby
should go to Europe.  There will be an opening for one of the freshman or a transfer.  Do not see Torrence as a starter, ever.  Holes need to be
filled but there is room for a few more players.  Perez at this time might be the starting 2 guard next year.  Elliott has 2 many weaknesses in his game.

I agree that we don’t have a capable SF on the roster or in the pipeline. I don’t see much in the way of a 2G either. If Cain and/or Koby leave, I look for Wojo to plug the gap(s) with transfers.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 09:47:19 PM »
Worked for Senator John Blutarski

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 09:55:39 PM »
thats not the question

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 09:59:37 PM »
thats not the question
Yes, I know, you are correct.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 10:34:21 PM »
I voted for Koby.  Assuming Garcia and Lewis are both here next year, Theo would be a little extra with Aidoo coming in.  I think people are overestimating the Cain and Elliott situation...would you have stayed a whole extra year in college just because your buddy had another year left?

That said, no freaking way Koby comes back.  He'll be in Europe or the G-League next year.  I will say that he's grown on me throughout his time at MU.  Love his passion and intensity, and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.  He's the most "Buzz" player Wojo's recruited.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 10:49:15 PM »
Koby is by far the most clutch player in the wojo era. He’s 100% the guy you want taking the last shot and I think that trait of his will be a big factor the rest of the way. That said, this is his final go around and no way he is back. Hard to say on the other two but would welcome either back as they seem like team first guys. I think we are thinner at Kobys position (and guard in general) than many realize so it would be nice to have him back as well.

My prediction: all three are gone. College season too much of a grind for it to be worth it. Especially if COVID situation still looking grim heading into spring.

OffTheGlass

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 10:52:33 PM »
What we need and who is the best player are two different questions...no doubt Theo needs to come back.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2021, 11:15:28 PM »
Maybe I’m wrong, but some of the responses give me the sense that some people are voting for the senior they think is most likely to come back, instead of the one they would most want to come back. Totally different questions, quite likely with different answers.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 11:18:27 PM »
Koby is by far the most clutch player in the wojo era. He’s 100% the guy you want taking the last shot and I think that trait of his will be a big factor the rest of the way. That said, this is his final go around and no way he is back. Hard to say on the other two but would welcome either back as they seem like team first guys. I think we are thinner at Kobys position (and guard in general) than many realize so it would be nice to have him back as well.

My prediction: all three are gone. College season too much of a grind for it to be worth it. Especially if COVID situation still looking grim heading into spring.

I like Koby a lot, but I want the ball in DJ's hands when we need a play to win.

I agree with your prediction.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Class71

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 03:59:23 AM »
Do not believe answering this question helps teaming building or the confidence of 2 of the 3 players. 
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 08:51:12 AM »
Wade

I wonder how a 38 year old DWade would fare.  Would he dominate or be a step slow on kids half his age?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 08:54:47 AM »
He's be the old dude at the pick up game.  Equal parts brilliant and infuriating.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 09:03:27 AM »
Wade

I wonder how a 38 year old DWade would fare.  Would he dominate or be a step slow on kids half his age?

Dominate

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 09:16:41 AM »
I don’t think any of them come back and probably for the better of all parties.  Would rather we hit the transfer market aggressively and find 2 guys who excel at one thing.

For center, someone who is all D, rebounding and good passer.  With the talent in the front court at the 3–4 positions we don’t need points from our 5.  Would be nice if Lewis can improve lateral quickness to slide him into the 3 with DG at the 4 next year.

For back court, long rangey sharp shooter (Weisscamp (sp?)) type player. If everyone who is not senior comes back and shows some development with those two additional pieces I think we’ll be in a great spot. 

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2021, 10:01:35 AM »
I'd argue much depends on a few things:

1) How likely is it that any of these three will have a shot at the "show?"
2) What's the opportunity in Europe/Asia for each?
3) Will our team be incrementally better in 2021-2022 than it is today -- meaning, will we have a shot to go deep in the NCAA next year?

My view about (1) is that none of the three have a more than immaterial shot at the NBA. I would expect someone might take a flyer on Theo, the way the Denver Nuggets did on Markus. To expect Theo to be in the show for more than a cup of coffee is being wildly optimistic. I love Theo and when he's on, he's one my my absolute favorite members of this team. He's a joy to watch. But....

On (2), certainly Theo and Koby will play overseas. I'd expect Jamal will as well, though Koby and Theo have a better prognosis of making big dollars.

On (3), I'm not optimistic. Symir and Dexter probably aren't vital cogs in our team (they were recruited over for a reason!). I'll bet at least one will transfer out of our program, especially given that Stevie Mitchell and Kameron Jones are coming next year. I expect DJ will be back and likely will team with Greg or, possibly, Jones or Mitchell or a transfer. Both Justin and Dawson will be much improved but if we do not find our shooting stroke between now and October, we're barely over .500 in our conference next year. A deep run in the NCAA? Hardly likely unless things improve dramatically. Or Coach Wojo drinks the magic potion and begins coaching at a level we haven't seen up to now.

The emotional or educational reasons (i.e., completing a Master's?) for coming back do not outweigh the financial opportunity associated with professional basketball. I might feel differently if and only if we were on the verge of something special, such as a Final Four run. Does anyone out there see this as a reasonable or even remote possibility for the 2021-2022 basketball team?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2021, 10:13:56 AM »
I'd argue much depends on a few things:

1) How likely is it that any of these three will have a shot at the "show?"
2) What's the opportunity in Europe/Asia for each?
3) Will our team be incrementally better in 2021-2022 than it is today -- meaning, will we have a shot to go deep in the NCAA next year?

My view about (1) is that none of the three have a more than immaterial shot at the NBA. I would expect someone might take a flyer on Theo, the way the Denver Nuggets did on Markus. To expect Theo to be in the show for more than a cup of coffee is being wildly optimistic. I love Theo and when he's on, he's one my my absolute favorite members of this team. He's a joy to watch. But..

On (2), certainly Theo and Koby will play overseas. I'd expect Jamal will as well, though Koby and Theo have a better prognosis of making big dollars.

On (3), I'm not optimistic. Symir and Dexter probably aren't vital cogs in our team (they were recruited over for a reason!). I'll bet at least one will transfer out of our program, especially given that Stevie Mitchell and Kameron Jones are coming next year. I expect DJ will be back and likely will team with Greg or, possibly, Jones or Mitchell or a transfer. Both Justin and Dawson will be much improved but if we do not find our shooting stroke between now and October, we're barely over .500 in our conference next year. A deep run in the NCAA? Hardly likely unless things improve dramatically. Or Coach Wojo drinks the magic potion and begins coaching at a level we haven't seen up to now.

The emotional or educational reasons (i.e., completing a Master's?) for coming back do not outweigh the financial opportunity associated with professional basketball. I might feel differently if and only if we were on the verge of something special, such as a Final Four run. Does anyone out there see this as a reasonable or even remote possibility for the 2021-2022 basketball team?

Next years team depends a transfer or two who can play.  Not sure what to expect from freshman, but 2 may start if transfers are not picked up.  Transfers will see
great opportunity to start at the 2 and the wing.  So there is hope.  Even another big at the center position as I did watch Aidoo play, not sure if he is physically strong
enough at this time.  Still has a 10 months to put on some weight and strength.  Right now Wojo has 3 solid Big East players on the roster, the rest are back-ups.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 10:26:43 AM »
Next years team depends a transfer or two who can play.  Not sure what to expect from freshman, but 2 may start if transfers are not picked up.  Transfers will see
great opportunity to start at the 2 and the wing.  So there is hope.  Even another big at the center position as I did watch Aidoo play, not sure if he is physically strong
enough at this time.  Still has a 10 months to put on some weight and strength.  Right now Wojo has 3 solid Big East players on the roster, the rest are back-ups.

Who are the three? Id say there's four on this team.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 10:35:22 AM »
Who are the three? Id say there's four on this team.

Lewis, Dawson and DJ, for next year.