collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Insurrectiongate 2021  (Read 15035 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Insurrectiongate 2021
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2021, 05:54:17 PM »
The New York Times is reporting that the woman who was shot during the insurrection has died. This could considerably up the ante on the charges of those who were involved.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2021, 05:58:15 PM »
General McCaffrey calling for immediate removal.

Rep. Gallego from Arizona calls Cruz and Hawley tractors. Need to be removed.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2021, 06:00:41 PM »
I don’t even care about that. I’m worried trump will issue a blanket pardon for all protestors.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2021, 06:01:39 PM »
Just citizens exercising their right to an orderly, peaceful protest, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2021, 06:03:33 PM »

This is disgusting

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2021, 06:08:42 PM »
Well, about 5 years too late, but Twitter has locked Trump's account.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2021, 06:09:33 PM »
I’ll be honest, I don’t know how the country recovers from this.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 06:13:40 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2021, 06:12:53 PM »
It appears that Pence has gotten his wish and is effectively the defacto President.

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1346941194316754951
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2021, 06:15:51 PM »
We need to recognize as friends the people speaking out today. Romney first among them, but GWB, Rand Paul, Ben Sasse and many others. Those individuals espouse some beliefs that I think are reprehensible, and some of them have been silent until it's too late. But today needs to mark the beginning of saving democracy and we need all of the people we can muster. There will hopefully be a time to care about policy disputes again, but today isn't it

Love this.  "Our country is more important than the politics of the moment"*.  I am praying our leaders (elected officials and otherwise) on both sides act as such.

* https://twitter.com/TheBushCenter/status/1346963094409539591

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Well...
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »
The same Josh Hawley that waved in solidarity to the rioters before the rioting broke out? That Josh Hawley? Sorry, Josh is a little too busy trying to capture the Trumpers for his 2024 run to suddenly have an attack of conscience now.

https://twitter.com/ManuelQ/status/1346913744736157714
"fun" fact....Hawley is Jesuit educated, going to high school at Rockhurst HS........the same high school we just enrolled our eldest in...FML

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2021, 06:20:28 PM »
We need to recognize as friends the people speaking out today. Romney first among them, but GWB, Rand Paul, Ben Sasse and many others. Those individuals espouse some beliefs that I think are reprehensible, and some of them have been silent until it's too late. But today needs to mark the beginning of saving democracy and we need all of the people we can muster. There will hopefully be a time to care about policy disputes again, but today isn't it

While I agree, their silence is why we're at this point.  If we hadn't had an entire party sell its soul to a reality TV con man, bow at his feet and all be yes me, we wouldn't have today playing out like it is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2021, 06:25:34 PM »
As an embarrassed MO resident I too know which path he'll take
The unnatural carnal knowledgeer was putting out fundraisers DURING the riot.

Kansas City Star editorial tonight:
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article248317375.html
Assault on democracy: Sen. Josh Hawley has blood on his hands in Capitol coup attempt

"No one other than President Donald Trump himself is more responsible for Wednesday’s coup attempt at the U.S. Capitol than one Joshua David Hawley, the 41-year-old junior senator from Missouri, who put out a fundraising appeal while the siege was underway.

This, Sen. Hawley, is what law-breaking and destruction look like. This is what mobs do. This is not a protest, but a riot. One woman was shot and has died, The Washington Post reported, while lawmakers were sheltering in place.

No longer can it be asked, as George Will did recently of Hawley, “Has there ever been such a high ratio of ambition to accomplishment?” Hawley’s actions in the last week had such impact that he deserves an impressive share of the blame for the blood that’s been shed."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2021, 06:32:50 PM »

I couldn’t figure out what a tractor had to do with my comment. Then I read what I said. Autocorrect got me again.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2021, 06:36:28 PM »
It appears that Pence has gotten his wish and is effectively the defacto President.

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1346941194316754951

He needs to be removed before he can pardon anyone - especially his family.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2021, 06:36:38 PM »
I don’t even care about that. I’m worried trump will issue a blanket pardon for all protestors.

I am most worried about what he will try to pull in his final 2 weeks. He always has been unfit to be president ... but now he is REALLY unfit to be president.

He is a sociopath who is angry at his vice president, at many of his staff, at Congress, at the Pentagon, at more than half of America's citizens, at the media, at the country, at the world.

What is he capable of? What is he willing to do to exact revenge against those he believes have mistreated him - which, now, is most of America?

Eff pardoning a bunch of his criminal associates - that's a given; he's already done it and he'll do more of it. Is he willing to give out state secrets? To launch nukes at Iran? To try to use police to attack Americans? What traitorous acts are going through his warped mind?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2021, 06:42:49 PM »
Just get back from Washington, doc?   And there was nothing peaceful about it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2021, 06:43:45 PM »
We need to hold these people responsible. Should be removed from Congress. This isn’t a free speech issue. It’s about incitement.

Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL) has been a Congresswoman for approximately 9 minutes, and saw fit to make herself famous by quoting Adolf Hitler in her speech supporting Trump's attempted coup to overturn Biden's win in the 2020 election.

Addressing her fellow Nazis in Washington, D.C., Miller said,

If we win a few elections, we’re still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing. He said, "Whoever has the youth has the future."

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2021, 06:48:00 PM »

Eff pardoning a bunch of his criminal associates - that's a given; he's already done it and he'll do more of it. Is he willing to give out state secrets? To launch nukes at Iran? To try to use police to attack Americans? What traitorous acts are going through his warped mind?

I stated a while back that I thought he would move to Moscow within a year. Putin would gladly pay the $400+ million he owes for state secrets. Does anyone think trump wouldn’t jump at that deal?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2021, 06:55:44 PM »
Just get back from Washington, doc?   And there was nothing peaceful about it.

Yes, that's doc's point. Just like the rioters were "peaceful protesters" as small businesses go up in flame.

How about bad people on both sides be the new perspective, hey?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2021, 06:56:43 PM »

I stated a while back that I thought he would move to Moscow within a year. Putin would gladly pay the $400+ million he owes for state secrets. Does anyone think trump wouldn’t jump at that deal?

The dude who doesn’t even like leaving NYC and is stereotypical xenophobic American in his tastes is gonna move to Moscow? Come on man.  Russian pawn is a stretch, moving to Moscow to be a Russian traitor is a bad made for TV movie.

As for Mary Miller, who the hell did she run against? Went to a mediocre college, married a farmer, no professional or political experience for nearly 40 years of her adult life and she wins her first election for a seat in the House? Not at all surprising she’s saying dumb shizz

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2021, 06:57:10 PM »
Yes, that's doc's point. Just like the rioters were "peaceful protesters" as small businesses go up in flame.

How about bad people on both sides be the new perspective, hey?

That is also disgusting but His words stand on his own without you trying to translate him. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:03:13 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2021, 07:01:17 PM »
Ziggy, I understand your point.   I disagree with it on most levels.  But I am not in the mood to escalate again at my scoop brethren.   Which is why I didn't year doc a new one, either.

Maybe we will get luckier than we deserve and this will cause some introspection.   The same pollyanna in me that keeps me from tearing into Wojo.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:23 PM »

Not many suggested that those who engaged in those riots were "peaceful protesters." 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2021, 07:04:10 PM »
The unnatural carnal knowledgeer was putting out fundraisers DURING the riot.

Kansas City Star editorial tonight:
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article248317375.html
Assault on democracy: Sen. Josh Hawley has blood on his hands in Capitol coup attempt

Beat me in posting this. As an aside, the KC Star has been stellar the last few months starting with this special edition where they detail out how they used their power and position locally to disenfranchise the black community in KC. Not specifically relevant to anyone else here but worth a quick read and gave me hope for more self/corporate reflection in my community.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article247928045.html

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2021, 07:07:31 PM »
He needs to be removed before he can pardon anyone - especially his family.
Sure, but how? The two mechanisms are the 25th Amendment or Impeachment and ratification.

The 25th requires a majority of the members of his Cabinet to go along. Can you tell me which of his sycophants would vote to remove him via the 25th?

Removal through Impeachment ratification requires 67 Senators to agree. I'd say this is slightly more likely, but will it happen within the next two weeks? Or next 48 hours?