collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Insurrectiongate 2021  (Read 14993 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Well...
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2021, 05:08:18 PM »

Agree. Romney as well. I don’t agree with their policies, but they put the best interest of the nation ahead of any concern about being twitter-bombed by the President.

I regained all the respect for Romney I lost in 12 when he sold his soul to the far right and backtracked on the public option he invented.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Insurrectiongate 2021
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2021, 05:09:34 PM »
Rick Crosby, a 25-year-old from Connecticut, was in an early wave of rioters that breached the Capitol, entering from the west.
Crosby said he was among about 20 people who made it into the Senate chamber, where another rioter with a bullhorn led them in a prayer. They then sought to memorialize the moment.

“We took a picture with Mike Pence’s Bible and put it back on the desk,” he said. After that, he said, they left at the direction of the police.

“It felt very historic,” Crosby said. “Regardless of how this turns out, I think this is going to be a moment that goes down in the history books.”
As he spoke, public officials and commentators from across the political spectrum were condemning the rioters’ actions, using terms such as “insurrection” and “domestic terrorism.” But Crosby rejected the idea that he and others were doing anything wrong. On the contrary, he said, they were just doing what the president asked of them.

“I think probably President Trump said it best,” he said, citing Trump’s comments to some of his violent supporters in a presidential debate. “He said, ‘Stand back and stand by.’ That’s what we’re doing.”

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2021, 05:11:57 PM »

I hope you are right.

Assuming that, it would be in the best interest of every Republican in the House and Senate to put out a very clear statement strongly denouncing this action, and calling for prosecution of the perpetrators. If the majority of Republican voters are sickened by today’s actions, they will applaud those statements.

I agree. And I hope that they do that. I know that quite a number of them already have issued some very strong statements.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2021, 05:14:20 PM »
Trump refused to deploy the National Guard this afternoon. Pence had to do it after being evacuated.

Pence needs to remove trump tonight. If not, he is fully culpable along with trump.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »
Trump refused to deploy the National Guard this afternoon. Pence had to do it after being evacuated.

Pence needs to remove trump tonight. If not, he is fully culpable along with trump.

And he keeps doubling and tripling down after the f'n Capitol is invaded....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346954970910707712

He absolutely needs to be removed ASAP.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2021, 05:18:57 PM »
Today just shows how lacking Americans are with a basic understanding of fascism.  And I don't even say that to specifically say Trump or any particular event is fascist.  But we are hypersensitive to "degrees" of, or slippery slopes on the way to, all things communism.  We have debates over whether pretty basic social programs or tax rate increases are on the road to communism.  But we have an armed political minority charging the capitol enboldened by a radical wing of a major political party, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of fascism handwringing going on.
Nah, they're all good with the fascism. It's the Antifascists they rail about.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2021, 05:19:08 PM »
The President of the National
Association of Manufacturers has asked Pence to look at invoking  the 25th. Some Dem House members have also drafted a letter to Pence.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2021, 05:23:07 PM »
Association of Manufacturers has asked Pence to look at invoking  the 25th. Some Dem House members have also drafted a letter to Pence.

I’ve been calling for it all day.

Hawley and Cruz need to be impeached if they don’t resign immediately.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2021, 05:24:09 PM »
Trump last July:  "Anarchists, Agitators or Protestors who vandalize or damage our Federal Courthouse in Portland, or any Federal Buildings in any of our Cities or States, will be prosecuted under our recently re-enacted Statues & Monuments Act. MINIMUM TEN YEARS IN PRISON. Don’t do it!"

Let's do it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2021, 05:24:37 PM »
It also takes a majority of Cabinet members to agree. Tell me which members of Trump's Cabinet will vote to invoke the 25th. Almost all of them have been picked for their absolute loyalty to Trump, not any knowledge or expertise of their particular Cabinet position.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2021, 05:26:35 PM »
I regained all the respect for Romney I lost in 12 when he sold his soul to the far right and backtracked on the public option he invented.

I think he learned a lot from that entire situation. And even more respect that he’s back and doing what he’s doing cause he’ll always be “too conservative” for many people on the left who won’t forget 2012, and he’s not radically enough for many in his own party, as we saw with the idiots accosting him at the airport.  He’s a good dude who does seem to truly care about the country and isn’t afraid to go at Trump

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:00 PM »

If Pence does so, I predict he also grants Trump a blanket pardon for crimes committed against the US (like Nixon), saying America needs to heal and put this behind us.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:13 PM »
It is possible to be a principled conservative and a decent person.   And we need all of them to step forward.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2021, 05:29:52 PM »
If Pence does so, I predict he also grants Trump a blanket pardon for crimes committed against the US (like Nixon), saying America needs to heal and put this behind us.

I don’t even care about that. I’m worried trump will issue a blanket pardon for all protestors.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »
We need to recognize as friends the people speaking out today. Romney first among them, but GWB, Rand Paul, Ben Sasse and many others. Those individuals espouse some beliefs that I think are reprehensible, and some of them have been silent until it's too late. But today needs to mark the beginning of saving democracy and we need all of the people we can muster. There will hopefully be a time to care about policy disputes again, but today isn't it

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2021, 05:31:01 PM »
This is simultaneously terrifying, sad, and hilarious.  I shouldn't have laughed but I did.

https://twitter.com/KevOnStage/status/1346937897060945920

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »
I wonder who gave the order not to enforce the curfew.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2021, 05:31:37 PM »
Heard Thomas Nelson’s name being thrown around.

Nelson notified the FEC in October that he will be a candidate for Senate 2022.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2021, 05:32:21 PM »
We need to recognize as friends the people speaking out today. Romney first among them, but GWB, Rand Paul, Ben Sasse and many others. Those individuals espouse some beliefs that I think are reprehensible, and some of them have been silent until it's too late. But today needs to mark the beginning of saving democracy and we need all of the people we can muster. There will hopefully be a time to care about policy disputes again, but today isn't it

It’s hard for me to accept this, but you are 100% right.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2021, 05:32:28 PM »
This is amazing. Trump refusing to do it. smdh.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2021, 05:35:13 PM »
This is simultaneously terrifying, sad, and hilarious.  I shouldn't have laughed but I did.

Me too. That clip was like a skit from Portlandia.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2021, 05:36:54 PM »

I actually. Burst out laughing. God I hope that becomes a meme
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2021, 05:41:02 PM »
General McCaffrey calling for immediate removal.

Rep. Gallego from Arizona calls Cruz and Hawley tractors. Need to be removed.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2021, 05:47:31 PM »

Agreed. The strength of our government is the priority today.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2021, 05:54:10 PM »
Netflix better step up their game. Hard to top this sh!t.

feedback