collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Insurrectiongate 2021  (Read 14695 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Well...
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »
Advisors telling trump to put out strong statement against the terrorists but he is refusing to do so.
Its beyond that. Trumpie, Jr. is out there speachifying to the crowd that the Republican party no longer belongs to those that refuse to go along with the coup attempt, the Republican party now belongs to Trump.

Lost the popular vote twice.
Lost the House of Representatives.
Lost the Senate.
Lost the Republican party.

Everything Trump Touches Dies.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2021, 03:37:43 PM »
Its beyond that. Trumpie, Jr. is out there speachifying to the crowd that the Republican party no longer belongs to those that refuse to go along with the coup attempt, the Republican party now belongs to Trump.

Lost the popular vote twice.
Lost the House of Representatives.
Lost the Senate.
Lost the Republican party.

Everything Trump Touches Dies.

His 7th bankruptcy.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2021, 03:37:52 PM »
Very insightful comment by Van Jones. Are we at the end of something or is this the start of something.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2021, 03:37:52 PM »
I get what both of you are saying brew and Goooooooooooo.

So far, at least, what I'm feeling today isn't the same deep sorrow I felt on 9/11, when we all could almost hear thousands of Americans screaming in unison.

It's a sad MF-ing day, though.

That we are even talking about it in these terms says plenty.

To me, the underlined highlights why today is even more sad. On 9/11, terrible as it was, we came together as a country. Black and white, young and old, rich and poor, right and left. Even now, Americans of all stripes unite in memory of the victims.

Today, we are seeing a dramatic symptom of the continued splintering of our country. While many of us are appalled, tens of millions of Americans are sitting at home smiling, high-fiving and celebrating people they might view as ‘patriots.’ We are seeing the enemy, and they are coming from within.

Anyhow, like you said, the fact that we are even talking about it in the same breath as 9/11 speaks volumes.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2021, 03:41:13 PM »

To me, the underlined highlights why today is even more sad. On 9/11, terrible as it was, we came together as a country. Black and white, young and old, rich and poor, right and left. Even now, Americans of all stripes unite in memory of the victims.

Today, we are seeing a dramatic symptom of the continued splintering of our country. While many of us are appalled, tens of millions of Americans are sitting at home smiling, high-fiving and celebrating people they might view as ‘patriots.’ We are seeing the enemy, and they are coming from within.

Anyhow, like you said, the fact that we are even talking about it in the same breath as 9/11 speaks volumes.

Hard to argue with that, Gooooooooo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2021, 03:42:46 PM »
I am holding off on commenting on any one reported act, as so much is happening so fast that it will take time to sort out truth from fever dream.    However, Romney yelling at his republican colleagues that this is on them is epic.   

You reap what you sow.    And lies, more lies, bigotry, and lies have been sown by a cult leader for the last four years.     The reaping is at hand.    This is a death cult.
While I disagree with most of Mitt's policies, I will certainly never question his patriotism.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Mitt and Murkowski end up switching to Independent. In their states, they can easily get re-elected without party affiliation.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2021, 03:47:41 PM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2021, 03:47:47 PM »
tens of millions of Americans are sitting at home smiling, high-fiving and celebrating people they might view as ‘patriots.’

Respectfully, I do not believe that this is true. To a person, every single person that I've spoken to today that voted for Trump is sickened by this. I'm not disputing that there are people that are happy about this, but it's an extremely small minority of Trump voters.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2021, 03:47:53 PM »
This was inevitable. I was not one bit surprised that this occurred.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2021, 03:49:56 PM »
Respectfully, I do not believe that this is true. To a person, every single person that I've spoken to day that voted for Trump is sickened by this. I'm not disputing that there are people that are happy about this, but it's an extremely small minority of Trump voters.

I’m not questioning what you say, but I agree with Goo. It has never been a secret what trump was like or what he was likely to do. Yet they still supported him.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2021, 03:55:24 PM »
At what point does protest become terroism?
Same time you break into the Capitol when the confirmation of the peoples will is taking place.

Trumps message on the situation is further proof he's a) not in touch with reality, b) responsible for this, and c) needs to be removed immediately.

Can't wait to hear Hawleys speech objecting to GA's vote (I think he has GA not PA) - I hope he's taking this time to have an epiphany and not to be emboldened.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2021, 03:56:33 PM »
Why is no one being arrested?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2021, 03:56:51 PM »
Respectfully, I do not believe that this is true. To a person, every single person that I've spoken to today that voted for Trump is sickened by this. I'm not disputing that there are people that are happy about this, but it's an extremely small minority of Trump voters.

I believe this to be true.  I also hope it’s true.  Otherwise the seams may bust.   

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2021, 04:00:12 PM »
Watched Fox for a few minutes.   Busted out laughing at a guest trying to blame Antifa.

She wasn't blaming Antifa, she was using false equivalency ("but antifa destroys cities...").

Are you trying to deflect from what antifa has done? Both sides are terrorists.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:02:18 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2021, 04:01:17 PM »
Same time you break into the Capitol when the confirmation of the peoples will is taking place.

Trumps message on the situation is further proof he's a) not in touch with reality, b) responsible for this, and c) needs to be removed immediately.

Can't wait to hear Hawleys speech objecting to GA's vote (I think he has GA not PA) - I hope he's taking this time to have an epiphany and not to be emboldened.
The same Josh Hawley that waved in solidarity to the rioters before the rioting broke out? That Josh Hawley? Sorry, Josh is a little too busy trying to capture the Trumpers for his 2024 run to suddenly have an attack of conscience now.

https://twitter.com/ManuelQ/status/1346913744736157714

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2021, 04:01:25 PM »
First time the Capitol was breached since the British did it and burned it down in early 1800’s.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2021, 04:03:24 PM »
The same Josh Hawley that waved in solidarity to the rioters before the rioting broke out? That Josh Hawley? Sorry, Josh is a little too busy trying to capture the Trumpers for his 2024 run to suddenly have an attack of conscience now.

https://twitter.com/ManuelQ/status/1346913744736157714

The only good news today is that Harley, Cruz, and Pence are toast in 2024. I doubt any of the 3 will even attempt to run now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2021, 04:05:23 PM »
The only good news today is that Harley, Cruz, and Pence are toast in 2024. I doubt any of the 3 will even attempt to run now.

Hmmm.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2021, 04:06:00 PM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2021, 04:09:30 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2021, 04:09:50 PM »
Armed protesters met by police...and welcome with open arms.  I guess they're complying with/respecting authority, so I guess it makes sense why they aren't being shot despite having deadly weapons while committing felonies.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2021, 04:10:26 PM »
First time the Capitol was breached since the British did it and burned it down in early 1800’s.

False.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_United_States_Capitol_shooting
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2021, 04:11:05 PM »
Very insightful comment by Van Jones. Are we at the end of something or is this the start of something.

Every time I see him talking about this, I remember this:

https://youtu.be/KPhsSqXHRAs

How presidential is he now?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2021, 04:11:13 PM »
Maybe people will stop embracing dangerous ideas for short-term political gain.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »
Oops... somebody got spooked.

Ron Johnson  - one of the instigators of the trump crowd - said he now recommends a streamlined process as Congress confirms the Electoral College votes.

feedback