collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 06:20:57 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Christmas morning car bombing in Nashville  (Read 3189 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Christmas morning car bombing in Nashville
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »
Yippee Ki Ya
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 10:37:38 AM »
Wanted to wait a few days on this story.

Is the suspect considered a terrorist or?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 11:05:40 AM »
Sounds like a suicide who wanted to go out with people knowing his name but didn't want to harm people?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 12:09:57 PM »
You're reading the wrong web sites.

My neighbor says the guy in charge at the ATT office owned part of Dominion and was deeply involved in the fake election. Plus, 5G caused Covid and the bomber was a patriot.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 12:31:56 PM »
AT&T was going to have the Dominion voting machines at that site for a real inspection which was going to prove Hugo Chavez indeed stole the election.    This was a false flag action by the deep state to keep the truth from getting out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »
AT&T was going to have the Dominion voting machines at that site for a real inspection which was going to prove Hugo Chavez indeed stole the election.    This was a false flag action by the deep state to keep the truth from getting out.

These people believe this stuff as much as we believe in science and the laws of nature.

I guess we just need to reach out to them and try to understand their feelings. ::)

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 02:47:57 PM »
It does sound like he was a 5G conspiracist and his intention was to blow up the AT&T store, for what it's worth.

Incredibly odd situation all-around.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2021, 03:13:21 PM »
I tried having a Zoom meeting on Christmas with my family in Nashville, and was unsuccessful because they have AT&T internet.

It looks like the guy chose early Christmas morning to detonate the bomb to minimize the chances of hurting anyone else, so I guess there is that to be grateful for.

The part of town he blew up was a warehouse district that was one of the first areas to be renovated in Downtown Nashville.  Before that, no one went Downtown for entertainment except to go to the Grand Ole Opry (if you could get tickets). 
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2021, 11:08:38 PM »
Here we go ...

Nashville bomber linked to 'lizard people' myth, investigators say

https://news.yahoo.com/nashville-bomber-linked-to-lizard-people-myth-investigators-say-013342704.html

NBC News reported Wednesday that investigators have obtained evidence that Anthony Quinn Warner, who died in the explosion, may have subscribed to a conspiracy theory that many of the world’s most powerful figures, from Barack Obama to the late Bob Hope, are actually evil, lizard-like extraterrestrials in disguise. Officials told NBC News that investigators, who have been questioning friends and acquaintances and searching for clues of a possible motive for the bombing, have become aware of statements Warner made about the lizard people conspiracy theory — though it wasn’t immediately clear what those statements were. Authorities also reported that Warner made statements to others about hunting possible aliens during previous camping trips he took in his RV.

The so-called lizard people conspiracy theory has taken a back seat to some of the newer and more widely publicized baseless beliefs that have come to dominate the conspiracy landscape in recent years. But in 2013, a survey conducted by Public Policy Polling found that 12 million Americans believed that the country was run by lizard people in suits.

In some ways, lizard people believers were a precursor to QAnon, the insidious pro-Trump conspiracy movement that has snowballed from the dark corners of the internet into mainstream social media feeds and even the halls of Congress over the last three years. Like QAnon, which was founded on the myth that President Trump is secretly working to dismantle a “deep state” cabal of satanic pedophiles, the lizard people theory holds that a secret network of blood-guzzling “global elites” have engineered tragedies from the Holocaust to 9/11. But it gets worse: The nefarious world leaders and Hollywood celebrities responsible for so much misery are not actually humans but shape-shifting reptilian creatures of alien descent.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 12:03:46 AM »
Lizard people aren’t real? I’m gonna have to re-think my life.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 01:22:34 AM »
12 million Americans believe in lizard people? And they believe Bob Hope was an evil lizard person?
I need a drink....

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 07:15:02 AM »
Here we go ...

https://news.yahoo.com/nashville-bomber-linked-to-lizard-people-myth-investigators-say-013342704.html

NBC News reported Wednesday that investigators have obtained evidence that Anthony Quinn Warner, who died in the explosion, may have subscribed to a conspiracy theory that many of the world’s most powerful figures, from Barack Obama to the late Bob Hope, are actually evil, lizard-like extraterrestrials in disguise. Officials told NBC News that investigators, who have been questioning friends and acquaintances and searching for clues of a possible motive for the bombing, have become aware of statements Warner made about the lizard people conspiracy theory — though it wasn’t immediately clear what those statements were. Authorities also reported that Warner made statements to others about hunting possible aliens during previous camping trips he took in his RV.

The so-called lizard people conspiracy theory has taken a back seat to some of the newer and more widely publicized baseless beliefs that have come to dominate the conspiracy landscape in recent years. But in 2013, a survey conducted by Public Policy Polling found that 12 million Americans believed that the country was run by lizard people in suits.

In some ways, lizard people believers were a precursor to QAnon, the insidious pro-Trump conspiracy movement that has snowballed from the dark corners of the internet into mainstream social media feeds and even the halls of Congress over the last three years. Like QAnon, which was founded on the myth that President Trump is secretly working to dismantle a “deep state” cabal of satanic pedophiles, the lizard people theory holds that a secret network of blood-guzzling “global elites” have engineered tragedies from the Holocaust to 9/11. But it gets worse: The nefarious world leaders and Hollywood celebrities responsible for so much misery are not actually humans but shape-shifting reptilian creatures of alien descent.

Well duh. This was well-established in the early 80’s in the documentary “V”.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 07:33:34 AM »
Well duh. This was well-established in the early 80’s in the documentary “V”.

LOL beat me to it.  Although you have to admit that the way they can unhinge their jaws is pretty neat.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 07:35:23 AM »
Wait, that WASN'T a documentary?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 09:41:21 AM »
Here we go ...

Drug use is so destructive, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 09:23:33 AM »
I tried having a Zoom meeting on Christmas with my family in Nashville, and was unsuccessful because they have AT&T internet.

It looks like the guy chose early Christmas morning to detonate the bomb to minimize the chances of hurting anyone else, so I guess there is that to be grateful for.

The part of town he blew up was a warehouse district that was one of the first areas to be renovated in Downtown Nashville.  Before that, no one went Downtown for entertainment except to go to the Grand Ole Opry (if you could get tickets).

Same issue with some close friends of mine. No cell phone service for several days.

Sad thing is that beginning in the 1960s through the near demolition of the Opry House in the late 1970s, Nashville tore down much of its older heritage buildings. Something about not being "new" and "modern" enough. First and Second Avenues were most of what was left and the destruction, as Sister Chick points out, took out a part of town that reflected the character of older Nashville.

Not only did no one go downtown before the renovation of Lower Broadway in the 1990s and 2000s, the area that's now the hot entertainment district was Nashville's "red light" district. The local businesswomen were unusually brazen in those days.

The NashBomber worked for a high school classmate of mine.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 10:54:33 AM »

Not only did no one go downtown before the renovation of Lower Broadway in the 1990s and 2000s, the area that's now the hot entertainment district was Nashville's "red light" district. The local businesswomen were unusually brazen in those days.

Completely true. I recall that back in high school, a common way for a guy to trash talk another guy was to say, "Hey, I saw your Mom last night on Lower Broad".
Have some patience, FFS.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 11:51:32 AM »
Completely true. I recall that back in high school, a common way for a guy to trash talk another guy was to say, "Hey, I saw your Mom last night on Lower Broad".
A shorter woman?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 03:11:22 PM »
Same issue with some close friends of mine. No cell phone service for several days.

Sad thing is that beginning in the 1960s through the near demolition of the Opry House in the late 1970s, Nashville tore down much of its older heritage buildings. Something about not being "new" and "modern" enough. First and Second Avenues were most of what was left and the destruction, as Sister Chick points out, took out a part of town that reflected the character of older Nashville.

The NashBomber worked for a high school classmate of mine.

Thanks for the history lesson.

I was at Vanderbilt in the 90s, so by then Lower Broadway already had a few decent places. It isn't  shocking that it had gone through a down cycle before that, but I didn't realize it was only a few years earlier.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 01:46:07 PM »
So, uhhhhhhh, "lizard people" is the answer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bizarre-origins-lizard-people-conspiracy-184738730.html

Between this and the fact that 2 of the 4 dead rioters had fallen deeply down the QAnon conspiracy theory hole (a third one tased himself into a heart attack), it certainly feels like both our freedom of speech and our technology has been turned against us.

I don't really know what the solution is...not sure how you deprogram millions of people who have become unmoored from reality.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 01:48:46 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bizarre-origins-lizard-people-conspiracy-184738730.html

Between this and the fact that 2 of the 4 dead rioters had fallen deeply down the QAnon conspiracy theory hole (a third one tased himself into a heart attack), it certainly feels like both our freedom of speech and our technology has been turned against us.

I don't really know what the solution is...not sure how you deprogram millions of people who have become unmoored from reality.

Ted Kaczynski is smiling.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 02:37:40 PM »

It's one thing for individuals to become unmoored. It's a quite different thing when people in positions of authority are inciting those folks.

Start with accountability/responsibility for those at the top. Then address the social media side of things. You can do those on the national level.

Then work in local communities/familes/social circles to address further individual concerns.

feedback