collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Will you get the Covid vaccine when it's available to you?

Yes
57 (75%)
Undecided
5 (6.6%)
No - I won't get one unless my job or the government requires it
14 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?  (Read 24173 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?
« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2023, 12:30:05 AM »
That doesn't even make sense.  If my kid is vaccinated with a vaccine that protects him/her from a disease, why should I care if your kid is vaccinated?  Your kid is no danger to my vaccinated kid.

In case you're honestly curious and not just trolling:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/measles/expert-answers/getting-measles-after-vaccination/faq-20125397

It depends on the disease, but vaccines for some diseases such as measles don't provide 100% immunity. According to Mayo, 93% of children who get the first MMR dose are immune to measles and that number increases to 97% after the second dose. So your unvaccinated kid has a 3-7% chance of being a danger to every vaccinated kid they come into contact with. Unvaccinated kids also mess with herd immunity.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2023, 05:06:32 AM »
As long as we ban books about life-ending illnesses, all will be OK.

you ignoramus- if you want to compare banning XXX rated books with a bunch of overtly sexual descriptions of sex acts that kindergarten thru 7th/8th grade have access thru a school library with to kill a mocking bird and huck finn,  it's no surprise you still pump the faux insurrection fiasco like all the "russian disinformation" horse hockey.  you're like the lefty version of the proud boys
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2023, 05:59:13 AM »
you ignoramus- if you want to compare banning XXX rated books with a bunch of overtly sexual descriptions of sex acts that kindergarten thru 7th/8th grade have access thru a school library with to kill a mocking bird and huck finn,  it's no surprise you still pump the faux insurrection fiasco like all the "russian disinformation" horse hockey.  you're like the lefty version of the proud boys

Banning books is bad.  You're probably fine with burning them too, though.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2023, 06:42:46 AM »

9.5 out of 10
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2023, 07:39:04 AM »

Unk shouldn't have shorted you a half-point for that beautiful blend of ignorance and adherence to your cult.

But yes, we need fewer books and more guns.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2023, 07:42:29 AM »
Unk shouldn't have shorted you a half-point for that beautiful blend of ignorance and adherence to your cult.

But yes, we need fewer books and more guns.

No ellipses

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2023, 08:03:21 AM »
This isn't 'nam, 82, there are rules.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2023, 09:19:20 AM »
In case you're honestly curious and not just trolling:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/measles/expert-answers/getting-measles-after-vaccination/faq-20125397

It depends on the disease, but vaccines for some diseases such as measles don't provide 100% immunity. According to Mayo, 93% of children who get the first MMR dose are immune to measles and that number increases to 97% after the second dose. So your unvaccinated kid has a 3-7% chance of being a danger to every vaccinated kid they come into contact with. Unvaccinated kids also mess with herd immunity.

Yep, yep.
Diseases like smallpox, rinderpest and polio have been eradicated or greatly diminished because of the herd immunity created by mass vaccination. The attitude "if my kid is vaccinated, why should I care about anyone else" runs counter to that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2023, 10:22:09 AM »
Many of the "all life matters" people don't care about your kids. Some don't even seem to care about their own kids.

Proven life-saving vaccines bad! Guns, guns and more guns good! Freedom!!!!!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2023, 10:49:53 AM »
Well, at least it has been upgraded to a fiasco from a "thingy" and a "disturbance".

Here is a picture of the faux insurrection, though it was probably made with AI by false flag FBI agents and/or Antifa:
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2023, 01:26:48 PM »
roQQet's in an especially good mood today - his Fuhrer is using the word "vermin" to describe his political enemies ... just as Hitler did a century ago about his enemies, the Jews.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #287 on: November 27, 2023, 07:06:40 AM »
That shingles shot is much more painful than any COVID shot.   Day 7 and can still feel it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2023, 08:03:48 AM »
That shingles shot is much more painful than any COVID shot.   Day 7 and can still feel it.

Was the the first or second shingles shot? 
The second shot had me up all night with the a chill and shakes.  It's the only vaccine I ever had a wicked reaction to. Snikes!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2023, 09:12:57 AM »
First
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2023, 09:24:29 AM »
I got the shingles vaccines last year, and I'm glad I did.

My dad had shingles, and it was the worst 6 weeks of his life. He was in constant pain, and there were lingering effects for months. Like y'all I had some adverse side effects from the shots, but they passed soon enough.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #291 on: November 27, 2023, 09:26:36 AM »
The shingles shot is a crapshoot.  Obviously people have varying reactions, and I was worried when I got them.

Instead, neither shot was a big deal, maybe 24 hours of being lethargic. 

That's a benefit to eating Arby's, your body adjusts to varying poisons.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2023, 09:35:54 AM »
I have gotten every shot and every booster.  Flu, COVID, tetanus, the hepatitis alphabet, etc.   This is the first that ever resulted in more than day of injection site and muscle pain.   Well, that is what this one had, too, just lasted for a week.

I will say that getting a flu shot as you are developing strep throat is a bad combination.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2023, 09:36:25 AM »

My dad had shingles, and it was the worst 6 weeks of his life. He was in constant pain, and there were lingering effects for months. Like y'all I had some adverse side effects from the shots, but they passed soon enough.

+1, Shingles is a living nightmare. Searing pain when anything touched my skin even a tshirt. I still have scars on my skin where I was affected.

I'm really happy that there's a vaccine for it, and good on you all for going to get the vaccine. Nobody should have to experience that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #294 on: November 27, 2023, 09:52:21 AM »

Man up and don't be a hairy, wet, cat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #295 on: November 27, 2023, 10:01:14 AM »
A day after my first shingrix I developed hives. Only shot  I’ve ever reacted to. So no second shot, per my doctor. He hopes I have some protection as I had a mild case of shingles back in the 80’s, plus I had the old vaccine before Shingrix.
With Covid shots the only reaction I’be had to any was soreness at the injection site.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #296 on: November 27, 2023, 11:14:34 AM »
Good vax protocol is excellent sleep in the proceeding 3-5 days as well as subsequent 3-5 days

Jump on NSAIDs immediately following vax and continue for 48-72 hours.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #297 on: November 27, 2023, 11:48:29 AM »
Good vax protocol is excellent sleep in the proceeding 3-5 days as well as subsequent 3-5 days

Jump on NSAIDs immediately following vax and continue for 48-72 hours.
I slept my ass off in the subsequent 1-2 days after the 2nd shingles shot, so there's that.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #298 on: November 27, 2023, 12:10:19 PM »
I slept my ass off in the subsequent 1-2 days after the 2nd shingles shot, so there's that.

If you get shingles, use roofing sealant to combat.  4 out of 5 dentists agree that ingesting roofing sealant is the number one way to fight shingles

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #299 on: November 27, 2023, 12:20:45 PM »

I figure 1-2 days of suffering is much better than 6 weeks!

feedback