collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 08:04:21 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Will you get the Covid vaccine when it's available to you?

Yes
57 (75%)
Undecided
5 (6.6%)
No - I won't get one unless my job or the government requires it
14 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?  (Read 24175 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2023, 07:24:42 AM »
Arkansas jail inmates settle lawsuit with doctor who prescribed them ivermectin for COVID-19

https://apnews.com/article/arkansas-jail-inmates-ivermectin-lawsuit-settlement-bc1b8569c6625800ad8dc9d817754348

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Five former inmates at an Arkansas county jail have settled their lawsuit against a doctor who they said gave them the antiparasitic drug ivermectin to fight COVID-19 without their consent.

A federal judge last week dismissed the 2022 lawsuit against Dr. Robert Karas, who was the doctor for the Washington County jail and had administered the drug to treat COVID, citing the settlement.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved ivermectin for use by people and animals for some parasitic worms, head lice and skin conditions. The FDA has not approved its use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans. According to the FDA, side effects for the drug include skin rash, nausea and vomiting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2023, 03:36:59 PM »
Just did.  Awaiting the zombification.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2023, 04:00:12 PM »
Just did.  Awaiting the zombification.

You should be OK.  You missed the national test of the emergency broadcast system.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2023, 04:24:11 PM »
I meant watching Fox News, but yeah, that phone thing.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2023, 07:46:45 AM »
Legal child abuse:

The percentage of kindergartners whose parents opted them out of state-required childhood vaccinations rose to the highest level yet during the 2022-2023 school year, according to federal data released Thursday. The numbers mark a continued drop in routine immunization that increases the risk for highly contagious diseases, such as measles, to spread.

The report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention underscored the coronavirus pandemic’s impact on routine immunization rates and the lingering consequences for school-age children.

The United States has experienced several measles outbreaks in recent years in communities where vaccination rates have been low. Last fall, a measles outbreak in Columbus, Ohio, mostly involved children who were old enough to get the shots but whose parents chose not to have them vaccinated, health officials said. It was the country’s largest outbreak of the highly infectious pathogen last year.

All states and the District of Columbia require schoolchildren to be vaccinated against certain diseases, including measles, whooping cough and polio. They must report yearly data to the CDC on the number of children in kindergarten who meet those requirements or who receive exemptions. All states grant exemptions based on medical reasons; a growing number also allow religious or philosophical exemptions.

The overall percentage of children with a vaccination exemption increased from 2.6 percent during the 2021-2022 school year to 3 percent in 2022-2023, the highest exemption rate ever reported in the United States. The data includes estimated vaccination coverage for about 3.8 million public and private school kindergartners.

The report’s authors said they did not assess why there is a continued drop in vaccination coverage. “It is not clear whether this reflects a true increase in opposition to vaccination, or if parents are opting for nonmedical exemptions because of barriers to vaccination or out of convenience,” the report said.

But even before the pandemic, more parents in an increasing number of states opted their children out of required immunizations because of vaccine hesitancy and anti-vaccine sentiment, according to data and experts. The pandemic magnified those concerns because of controversies and politicization around coronavirus vaccines and school vaccine mandates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2023/11/09/kindergarten-vaccine-exemptions-cdc-data/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2023, 07:53:50 AM »
Legal child abuse:

The percentage of kindergartners whose parents opted them out of state-required childhood vaccinations rose to the highest level yet during the 2022-2023 school year, according to federal data released Thursday. The numbers mark a continued drop in routine immunization that increases the risk for highly contagious diseases, such as measles, to spread.

The report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention underscored the coronavirus pandemic’s impact on routine immunization rates and the lingering consequences for school-age children.

The United States has experienced several measles outbreaks in recent years in communities where vaccination rates have been low. Last fall, a measles outbreak in Columbus, Ohio, mostly involved children who were old enough to get the shots but whose parents chose not to have them vaccinated, health officials said. It was the country’s largest outbreak of the highly infectious pathogen last year.

All states and the District of Columbia require schoolchildren to be vaccinated against certain diseases, including measles, whooping cough and polio. They must report yearly data to the CDC on the number of children in kindergarten who meet those requirements or who receive exemptions. All states grant exemptions based on medical reasons; a growing number also allow religious or philosophical exemptions.

The overall percentage of children with a vaccination exemption increased from 2.6 percent during the 2021-2022 school year to 3 percent in 2022-2023, the highest exemption rate ever reported in the United States. The data includes estimated vaccination coverage for about 3.8 million public and private school kindergartners.

The report’s authors said they did not assess why there is a continued drop in vaccination coverage. “It is not clear whether this reflects a true increase in opposition to vaccination, or if parents are opting for nonmedical exemptions because of barriers to vaccination or out of convenience,” the report said.

But even before the pandemic, more parents in an increasing number of states opted their children out of required immunizations because of vaccine hesitancy and anti-vaccine sentiment, according to data and experts. The pandemic magnified those concerns because of controversies and politicization around coronavirus vaccines and school vaccine mandates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2023/11/09/kindergarten-vaccine-exemptions-cdc-data/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7

Maybe they’re taking ivermectin
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2023, 10:26:48 AM »
If I want to expose my child - and any child near my child - to a potentially life-changing or life-ending illness, that's my parental right.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2023, 01:10:27 PM »
As long as we ban books about life-ending illnesses, all will be OK.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2023, 12:11:12 PM »
If I want to expose my child - and any child near my child - to a potentially life-changing or life-ending illness, that's my parental right.

Better to hide your child under the bed forever so they are safe.  You are exposing your child "to a potentially life-changing or life-ending illness" every time they set foot outside your home.  There are germs everywhere and you can't avoid them.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2023, 12:16:09 PM »
Better to hide your child under the bed forever so they are safe.  You are exposing your child "to a potentially life-changing or life-ending illness" every time they set foot outside your home.  There are germs everywhere and you can't avoid them.

When I'm really sick, I'm just gonna sneeze right in others' faces. After all, there are germs everywhere, and people can't avoid them.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2023, 12:16:57 PM »
You will get punched in the face for that.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2023, 12:32:46 PM »
A parent who is willing to let his or her kid catch easily preventable diseases and who puts other kids at risk for the same deserves to get punched in the face.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2023, 12:56:58 PM »
The human race nearly eradicates diseases that kill children and can be easily spread amongst children

21st Century Americans: “I listen to Joe Rogan and quacks like RFK, Jr.” and reject your proven science
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2023, 01:46:00 PM »
A parent who is willing to let his or her kid catch easily preventable diseases and who puts other kids at risk for the same deserves to get punched in the face.

But if those other kids are vaccinated, aren't they protected from this easily preventable disease?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2023, 01:48:53 PM »
But if those other kids are vaccinated, aren't they protected from this easily preventable disease?

Depends on the disease.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2023, 02:11:21 PM »

This is a bad take and you should feel bad for writing this.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2023, 02:38:45 PM »
And this is where the COVID Vax hesitation people lose their plausible deniability from the anti-vax whackos.  But using mildly reasonable COVID vaccines concerns as a gateway drug into full on vaccine skepticism.  SHEESH.

Not doing a COVID vax for your non-risk factor child?  Fine by me.  Also opting out of MMR or Polio or Smallpox because you've had "your eyes opened" to vaccines?  FOH

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2023, 03:14:55 PM »
And this is where the COVID Vax hesitation people lose their plausible deniability from the anti-vax whackos.  But using mildly reasonable COVID vaccines concerns as a gateway drug into full on vaccine skepticism.  SHEESH.

Not doing a COVID vax for your non-risk factor child?  Fine by me.  Also opting out of MMR or Polio or Smallpox because you've had "your eyes opened" to vaccines?  FOH

Freedom shouldn’t include the ability to hurt other people’s lives.

Covid really put Dunning Krueger into overdrive

BrewCity83

• All American

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2023, 03:54:56 PM »
Stop signs: as long as other people stop at them they should be just fine.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2023, 04:06:15 PM »
Stop signs: as long as other people stop at them they should be just fine.

That doesn't even make sense.  If my kid is vaccinated with a vaccine that protects him/her from a disease, why should I care if your kid is vaccinated?  Your kid is no danger to my vaccinated kid.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2023, 04:51:05 PM »
That doesn't even make sense.  If my kid is vaccinated with a vaccine that protects him/her from a disease, why should I care if your kid is vaccinated?  Your kid is no danger to my vaccinated kid.
As long as I stop at stop signs, why should I care if you barrel through them?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2023, 04:53:49 PM »

The pro-smallpox and polio faction of Scoop weighs in.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2023, 05:04:32 PM »
The pro-smallpox and polio faction of Scoop weighs in.

LOL. 

feedback