Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lewis, baby!!  (Read 17682 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Lewis, baby!!
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
I would love to borrow that tape!

Pretty sure it'd be on YouTube then  ;)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2020, 10:30:10 PM »
After he blocked Potter's shot, I said to my wife: "I definitely have a man-crush on Justin Lewis."

I was standing in our family room as DJ shot the FTs. After Justin's tip settled into the basket, I jumped up, screamed, landed on the floor and did a somersault. I am too effen old for this; will be sore in the morning.

Best late MU shot I saw in person: Rivers' heave to beat ND.

That's my all-time fave Marquette shot because I was there and because I hate ND, but like anybody else, I know that Whitehead's shot was the biggest in Marquette history.

As others have noted, Vander's against Davidson wasn't technically a buzzer-beater because there was still time on the clock, but if that doesn't go in we lose a first-round NCAA game to a 14-seed, so by definition it was huger than huge. His winner against St. John's for our only Big East title was right there.

Junior's long 3-pointer to tie against UConn in our 2013 BEast opener (and our subsequent OT win) set the tone for our entire conference championship season.

Hauser's shot at Creighton that sent us into OT ... sensational, obviously.

Novak vs. ND, as others pointed out. Wasn't a "walk-off" but was spectacular.

And of course this one by Justin, against evil Madison.

My Final Four:

1. Whitehead ... 2. Vander (v Davidson) ... 3. Rivers ... 4. Justin.

You might be an “old man”, but wise beyond your years. Thanks for the walk down memory lane, and it’s nice to see that us “younger” folk have gotten to see some good memories that are included in your list.
We can all only wish  that 40-50 years from now we are talking about seeing D Wade live in Minneapolis.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2020, 10:36:34 PM »
Incredible poise and skill well beyond his years. Koby got credit after the OSU game for being our best player but no one impressed me more than JL. Tonight was obviously next level. Wow. I have a serious man crush.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 10:44:34 PM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

Goose

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2020, 10:38:19 PM »

Lucas against Badgers is my favorite regular season game winner, followed by Doc. Novak and Vander are very memorable as well. Tonight will be one I will remember for a long time.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2020, 10:41:23 PM »
My wife and kids had to check on me after I screamed. Oh man, that felt good. Justin Lewis, f’n stud.

Mine too. They thought I had major injuries from the scream i let out!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 10:58:13 PM by pbiflyer »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2020, 10:46:23 PM »

Lucas against Badgers is my favorite regular season game winner, followed by Doc. Novak and Vander are very memorable as well. Tonight will be one I will remember for a long time.

Good addition, Goose. Was a little before my time before I became a Marquette fan, but obviously huge.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2020, 10:47:46 PM »

See, Goose. We can agree. Lucas’ shot is my all-time fave, too.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2020, 10:52:36 PM »
Dominic James Buzzer beater against valpo, not as historically significant, but maybe the best YouTube reel. The stadium deflated before your eyes...

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2020, 10:56:48 PM »
Dominic James Buzzer beater against valpo, not as historically significant, but maybe the best YouTube reel. The stadium deflated before your eyes...

Pretty awesome

https://youtu.be/TeiMnw05mDA

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2020, 10:56:58 PM »

PJ Dunn you have been heard and noted. Solid YouTube clip when it was in its infancy, and Dominic could jump out the gym, but cmon dawg

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Justin F’n Lewis!
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2020, 11:06:34 PM »
Totally surprised my condo neighbors didn't call the cops to report my screams.  Especially since it is warm enough here to have the windows open.

There are 3 bucky flags flying within a 3 house radius. I took the high road and didn't run outside to cheer  ;D
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2020, 11:19:37 PM »
2020 has obviously sucked big time, but this was one of the highlights for me at least. MU winning always ranks #1 for me in my sports fan hierarchy, and this was a great basketball game. To win this game the way MU did, against their biggest rival, this is awesome. It was great to feel that type of adrenaline high again.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2020, 11:24:35 PM »
Not saying the game would’ve played out exactly the same if there’d been fans, but man, if it had...that Lewis tip in would’ve been up there with the loudest moments in MU home court history.  Even sweeter because we would’ve been able to see the looks of agony on Badger fans’ faces.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2020, 11:27:25 PM »
2020 has obviously sucked big time, but this was one of the highlights for me at least. MU winning always ranks #1 for me in my sports fan hierarchy, and this was a great basketball game. To win this game the way MU did, against their biggest rival, this is awesome. It was great to feel that type of adrenaline high again.

+1000

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2020, 11:35:01 PM »

Didn’t Dominic hit a buzzer beater against NC State once too?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2020, 11:36:12 PM »
Lewis is playing like a man amongst boys at this point in the year.  I hope he keeps it up, and several others of his teammates join him along the way.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2020, 11:41:47 PM »

Hell yeah. When Justin won it, my wife and I went nuts, and my 2 year old ran around the room yelling "YES!!" What a super fun moment.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2020, 11:45:18 PM »
Hell yeah. When Justin won it, my wife and I went nuts, and my 2 year old ran around the room yelling "YES!!" What a super fun moment.

Love this. Break 'em in young!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2020, 12:02:01 AM »
I remarked to my Fiancé tonight that Lewis seems to me what Lazar would've been if he was 2-3 inches taller. (Trailer 3 tbd) Thoughts?
Maigh Eo for Sam

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2020, 12:06:29 AM »
I remarked to my Fiancé tonight that Lewis seems to me what Lazar would've been if he was 2-3 inches taller. (Trailer 3 tbd) Thoughts?

Lazar was a pretty darn good 4 year starter. The phrase “what Lazar would’ve been“ sounds like you think JL2 is already better? I think Lewis is stronger and plays bigger than Lazar, more ala JFB with his work around the bucket. However, I think Lazar is the better shooter, midrange, long range, and creating his own. If JL2 matches that HES heading to the NBA

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2020, 12:08:24 AM »

I think you’re on to something.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2020, 12:23:09 AM »
Slight nitpick...I know the announcers aren’t in the building, but Steve Lavin should have let that moment breathe a little bit on the call at the end of the game. Between the popcorn comment and then immediately talking after the tip in, it’s the only thing that ever so slightly bugs me (having re-watched the clip an unscientific 7,389 times already).

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2020, 12:29:56 AM »
Lazar was a pretty darn good 4 year starter. The phrase “what Lazar would’ve been“ sounds like you think JL2 is already better? I think Lewis is stronger and plays bigger than Lazar, more ala JFB with his work around the bucket. However, I think Lazar is the better shooter, midrange, long range, and creating his own. If JL2 matches that HES heading to the NBA

I think Lewis has served as a slightly les undersized center and power forward. But so far shown a remarkable rebound, and block ability. Lazar wasn't called to score much his freshman year Lewis will be so that's a tough comparison, but I have major blue and gold colored glasses for Lazar as my favorite or second favorite MU player in my 11yrs and I stand by my prediction.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2020, 12:42:20 AM »
Lewis Like Lucas Buzzer Beats Wisconsin Go Marquette

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2020, 12:49:22 AM »
I think Lewis has served as a slightly les undersized center and power forward. But so far shown a remarkable rebound, and block ability. Lazar wasn't called to score much his freshman year Lewis will be so that's a tough comparison, but I have major blue and gold colored glasses for Lazar as my favorite or second favorite MU player in my 11yrs and I stand by my prediction.

To be fair I've attacked a bottle of Teeling and a growler of Alulu hazy tonight but I still think I'm right.

Edit: don't remember posting this
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:40:02 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback