[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I've officially put down the Kool-Aid  (Read 6154 times)

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
I've officially put down the Kool-Aid
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »
This team really, really stinks.  They showed me absolutely NOTHING tonight.

This is the first game I've ever walked out early...I never thought I'd do it.  Once the lead hit 20 points I had seen enough.

With the rest of our schedule, I'd be happy with a .500 finish in the BIG EAST...maybe we can host a game or two in the NIT.  Hell, what am I saying?  Maybe we can host A game in the NIT.  A loss...to Western Michigan.  How fitting would that be?

Ugh...I'm absolutely sick to my stomach right now.  And not like Dominic was today...more like: one-of-my-kids-did-something-really-stupid-to-embarrass-me-in-public kind of sick.  Ugh.    >:( >:( >:(

“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

4everwarriors

• All American
The Other Board...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:16:49 PM »
still hasn't finished their pitcher of Blue and Gold Kool-Aid.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
Re: The Other Board...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 10:20:54 PM »

That's exactly why I came over here to vent.  There seem to actually be some realists over here...
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
Re: I've officially put down the Kool-Aid
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 10:27:28 PM »
Put down the Kool-Aid. Maybe next year you can start drinking it again. It's time to pick-up the 40 ouncers if you're going to have any enjoyment watching MU play the rest of the year.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:20:59 PM »
Well, to each his own.  I thought we sucked balls tonight.  I thought we sucked balls the last 3 games, yet we won two of those three.

I guess it all depends on people want to look at things.

Right now, we are playing like crap....yet we're 16-5 and 6-4 in the Big East.  We still have 4 games left against the bottom tier of the conference and one against Florida Gulf Coast.  Plus we have Pitt at home.  Get those and that's 22 wins.  Hell, get 5 or those 6 and we're 21 wins.

I won't hit the 40oz just yet, but we are not playing well that's for sure.

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:31:40 PM »
Hey, it's hard to win at home in the Big East!

mviale

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:37:19 PM »
Here is some kool-aid:

1)Barro looked good
2) James was not his self tonight - a healthy James and Sosa doesnt have 18 and DJ gets 16. MU would have been closer
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 11:40:30 PM »
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day!

Eye

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 12:19:16 AM »
Agreed Alum. First game I've ever been at where I considered leaving at the 4-minute time out. I did get up to put my coat on with about 40 seconds remaining, which has to be the first time I've ever even done that. Starting walking down the aisle in the final minute. Frankly surprised there were as many people as there were there in the final four minutes. And why didn't Hazel get to play the last four minutes? A scholarship player in a game where MU is getting beat by 20?

As for the other board, I thought they were much more matter-of-fact than they normally are tonight.
GO WARRIORS!

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 05:46:12 AM »
mviale--excellent points except for DJ. That was himself tonight. That's the DJ we've seen (mostly) for almost a full year now.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 06:40:10 AM »
Eight BE games left.  Beat St. Johns and Rutgers.  Other games: at ND, at SH, at Vill and at Syr., Pitt at home and Geo at home, all possible losses. Or should I say probable the way this team has played. That would be 19-11 overall, 8-10 in BE play. If that happens, they must make a run in the BE tournament or NCAA bid is out, which would terrible. Need to win 4 out of remaining 8 BE games in order to get to 8-8 in regular BE play. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 06:48:25 AM »
Let's wait to see how they respond to Notre Dame. Louisville is clearly a better than Marquette. They have size, balance, quickness and depth. Notre Dame has size and balance. I believe MU is better than Notre Dame and should win the game. If MU comes out flat they are in the tank and will lose the game and the season. If they come out with fire in their eyes they will win the game and we will be okay.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 06:53:06 AM »
The last time we weren't down by 10 points or so in the first eight minutes was the ND game, at home.  That seems like a long, long, time ago doesn't it? I have some really bad vibes going on this morning.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 06:58:32 AM »

No they have not.  They still say that the Kool-Aid is great, and they told me it even taste better accompanied by 900 other people in a Guyaneese Jungle.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 07:27:49 AM »
Like other out of state (RI) MU fans, it was a luxury to get an MU BB game on the tube.  For the first time ever, I stopped watching and took the dog for a walk.  Very disappointing.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 08:06:32 AM »
I figured going in, OK, we're back on track, playing at home against a hated rival, we'll win. When it was 5-0, I said to my wife, it's over. I stopped TIVO'ing it midway through the first half and erased it immediately. We cannot compete with the upper echelon of this league, but especially when it appears half the team has thrown in the towel. 

Frozen Caveman Coach

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 07:19:43 PM »
Dodds and a couple others seem to be on the MU payroll on the other board.  They will stop at no length to defend Tom Crean and bring up Wade, the Al Center, entry into the Big East or some other diversion as defense of the program. 

The team has never played great half court offense, other than the 2 Wade years, in Crean's entire tenure as coach.  Force them into a 1/2 court contest and MU is toast every time.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »
Dodds and a couple others seem to be on the MU payroll on the other board.  They will stop at no length to defend Tom Crean and bring up Wade, the Al Center, entry into the Big East or some other diversion as defense of the program. 

The team has never played great half court offense, other than the 2 Wade years, in Crean's entire tenure as coach.  Force them into a 1/2 court contest and MU is toast every time.

Dodds IS on MU's payroll.

Frozen Caveman Coach

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »
Oh, thanks.  That explains his complete lack of objectivity.

HarveysWallbangers

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 08:17:42 PM »
Is that true? I recall a Facebook group where one of Dodds student writers was saying how members of the athletic dept. were complaining about MUScoop -- as if the posters here are not entitled to their opinions. But are they really on MU's payroll?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 08:23:21 PM »
Is that true? I recall a Facebook group where one of Dodds student writers was saying how members of the athletic dept. were complaining about MUScoop -- as if the posters here are not entitled to their opinions. But are they really on MU's payroll?

"They" are not.  Dodds is, but it has nothing to do with his website.  He's been one of MU's statisticians for years, at least since the early 1990s, maybe before.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »
Could Louisville been a really good team?  Am I on Kool-Aid?  I got to say this board wins the pessimist Marquette Board Award.  Check out all the negative threads.  You would of thought Louisville was the worst team in the country that beat us.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »
Eight BE games left.  Beat St. Johns and Rutgers.  Other games: at ND, at SH, at Vill and at Syr., Pitt at home and Geo at home, all possible losses. Or should I say probable the way this team has played. That would be 19-11 overall, 8-10 in BE play. If that happens, they must make a run in the BE tournament or NCAA bid is out, which would terrible. Need to win 4 out of remaining 8 BE games in order to get to 8-8 in regular BE play. 

8-10 in BE play and we are out unless we win BE tourney. We will NOT get in with a sub .500 BE record.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 09:35:58 PM »

I don't agree.  Why is at Villanova, at Syracuse and at SH probably losses?  They sure could be losses, but probable?  I'm not so sure.  We've lost 4 conference games, 3 of them on the road at tough tough tough places to play and the other at home to Louisville.  Our one "average" road game we won.  I see at SH, at Villanova and at Syracuse as definite winnable games.  50-50 games in my mind for 2 of those.

I think they will need 10 BIG EAST wins to get in, but 9 might do it.  Depends if one of the remaining ones is against G'Town, Pitt or ND...then that helps the cause that much more.

Still a TON of basketball to be played.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 10:29:48 PM »

That's exactly why I came over here to vent.  There seem to actually be some realists over here...

So being real is quitting as a fan because your team lost a game? Being real is quitting on a team and then having an avatar that displays a picture of James and Matthews? Sounds more like being childish and hypocritical.

In my mind, Marquette has played 2 good Big East games. The rest have been battles between absolute awesomeness and absolute awfulness. But since fan is short for fanatic I'm going to take the 6-4 record through ten games knowing that in 8 of those games they've looked downright putrid at times.

There are 8 games left. And games against teams they can beat without playing their best game: St. John's, Rutgers, Villanova. Hell, even Pittsburgh and Seton Hall are great match-ups for Marquette.

feedback