'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Brendan Bailey  (Read 7946 times)

silverback

• Starter
Brendan Bailey
« on: December 01, 2020, 12:04:22 AM »
Apologies if this is already well discussed, but I searched the topics and didn't spot what I wanted to know.

Any idea where Bailey ended up out there?

Thank you.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Brendan Bailey
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 12:24:31 AM »
Maybe you'll get a better answer...but...

Signed with Arete Sports which tries to place players professionally (US or international).  I'm guessing that market has been especially hit hard due to covid.

https://twitter.com/AreteSports/status/1271088995611615232

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 07:51:12 AM »
And I'm guessing that Brendan Baileys are a dime-a-dozen on the market.

But if Dwight Burke can have a 10-year professional career in Europe, one would think Bailey eventually will find a taker.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 08:19:59 AM »
Without knowing the Hausers would leave, he appeared to be joining a truly elite team.  I wonder if his calculus the whole time was play for two seasons on a Top 10 team and parlay some deep March runs into professional opportunities.    I wonder if he ever planned on sticking past his 4th year out of HS.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 08:30:24 AM »
Anyone know what happen to Mane. I pretty sure he was not drafted. He should of went tp college.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 08:36:27 AM »
Anyone know what happen to Mane. I pretty sure he was not drafted. He should of went tp college.
Mane recently signed a two-way with Orlando.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 08:37:23 AM »

I think its pretty obvious that a lot of kids no longer see college as a place for development.  They look to the G League and overseas for that.  A 2nd round grade used to mean come back and get better, now it means "well someone will pay me for playing".
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 09:28:45 AM »
I think its pretty obvious that a lot of kids no longer see college as a place for development.  They look to the G League and overseas for that.  A 2nd round grade used to mean come back and get better, now it means "well someone will pay me for playing".

Yup. I see so many people on scoop talk about how if your not getting drafted in the top 12 then college is your best bet. That's a complete false narrative.

Going to Europe or the g league is the best bet for development.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 09:47:43 AM »
Has the G League even committed to having a season this year?

I think those 2-way contracts may turn into spending the entire season with the NBA franchise.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 09:59:38 AM »
The G-League is talking about a January bubble.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 10:00:04 AM »
Not basketball related but he posted that he and his girlfriend are now expecting a baby.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »
Not basketball related but he posted that he and his girlfriend are now expecting a baby.

Clearly wasn't listening to his words as he was converting people to one of the most anti premarital sex religions
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 11:15:28 AM »
Clearly wasn't listening to his words as he was converting people to one of the most anti premarital sex religions

That's not really fair.  He's a young man, that went on a mission like his church expected on him - he's not a priest.  Most religions have very hard line stances on thing (ahem, Catholicism...).  I work with a lot of Mormon's and of the folks know that attend church regularly, I find them
1) To be among the most accepting of those outside of their religion
2) To be far more worldly because of their missions, and stories shared by others from missions. 

So maybe check your high-horse and accept him as he is.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 11:37:01 AM »
That's not really fair.  He's a young man, that went on a mission like his church expected on him - he's not a priest.  Most religions have very hard line stances on thing (ahem, Catholicism...).  I work with a lot of Mormon's and of the folks know that attend church regularly, I find them
2) To be far more worldly because of their missions, and stories shared by others from missions. 

Your experiences with those within that Church are vastly different than mine then as those I have interacted with at various medical camps I worked at when I was younger, were not as you describe (though who is accepting in High school/early college) For me religious hypocrisy is one of the things I disdain most and when I see it in hardliners I get very worked up. You're right it's unfair for me to assume he's a hardliner just because he went on the mission, I just assumed he was because I figured if he wasn't he would have applied for the talent exemption in the church (Jabari Parker for example) 

I do think I'm taking the low horse on this not the "high horse". Wouldn't the high horse be me faulting him for have sex before marriage? I was faulting him for (with lack of evidence) claiming to be on the high horse when he was just like every other "sinner" aka opposite of the high horse.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Viper

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »

i was always surprised a Mormon would consider a Catholic school. Review even the basics of Mormonism and you’ll understand. Then again, SJ Society of Jesus seems to mean little at MU these days. But I digress (not seeking controversy here). I hope the young man signs-on to a solid opportunity and develops into a good pro and a long career.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »
Don't know if id call it hypocrisy. Kid was just raised Mormon(LDS). Sorta follows it sometimes, sorta doesnt sometimes."yeah im Mormon". "yeah im Christian, but i kinda just do whatever". This includes sex,drugs, skipping church whatever. This is like 90% of religious students i saw recently in my college years. Religious groups may as well move on to other issues.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »

Next thing you know, Catholics will be eating hamburgers on Fridays during Lent and getting divorced.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 12:18:44 PM »
Whether Brendan is living out his religion as he properly should is between Brendan and God.

Good luck to the soon to be parents.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »
Whether Brendan is living out his religion as he properly should is between Brendan and God.

Amen.

Only on scoop........
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2020, 12:31:30 PM »
i was always surprised a Mormon would consider a Catholic school. Review even the basics of Mormonism and you’ll understand. Then again, SJ Society of Jesus seems to mean little at MU these days. But I digress (not seeking controversy here). I hope the young man signs-on to a solid opportunity and develops into a good pro and a long career.

Only 57% of the students at Marquette identify as Catholic.  And it's not just "these days."  Marquette throughout its history has people from all faith backgrounds attend.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2020, 12:40:18 PM »
Yup. I see so many people on scoop talk about how if your not getting drafted in the top 12 then college is your best bet. That's a complete false narrative.

Going to Europe or the g league is the best bet for development.

his age was an issue too, being two years older than others in his class. And, with his dad's NBA history and connections he'll be scooped up and have a nice overseas career.

Only 57% of the students at Marquette identify as Catholic.  And it's not just "these days."  Marquette throughout its history has people from all faith backgrounds attend.

As a non-Catholic (grandson of a Protestant pastor too) I did feel intimidated when I first got to MU as to how I'd fit in in terms of faith. There was an orientation session "being a non-Catholic at a Catholic school," and my dad and I were joined by only one other girl and her dad. I wondered what I'd gotten into. After a few weeks, I realized it wasn't an issue and was participating in hall masses at the AMU. The real intimidation was coming from a small, rural public school when so many of my classmates were from high-level private schools.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »

Eh...whole lot of people living out their religion and using it to hurt others in the name of God.  But I agree that there's no need to judge.  I

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2020, 01:01:31 PM »

This is what I should have posted. I apologize to those I offended here.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2020, 01:16:06 PM »

I have had a number of Mormon acquaintances, and to a person they have been among the nicest, kindest, nonjudgmental people I know.

Also I think non-devout Mormons have Jim McMahon to thank for blazing the trail for them.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2020, 01:18:12 PM »

I have had a number of Mormon acquaintances, and to a person they have been among the nicest, kindest, nonjudgmental people I know.

Also I think non-devout Mormons have Jim McMahon to thank for blazing the trail for them.

Jim McMahon isn't mormon.

feedback