[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: General Big East Thread 20-21  (Read 134724 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: General Big East Thread 20-21
« Reply #750 on: March 02, 2021, 09:31:21 AM »
To borrow from you, thank you for making my point.   The mods here shut down threads consistent with their rules.   He shuts down threads consistent with his.

Good lord.  If your point is that they are the same basic things, then yes.  Dodds' board is just like Scoop.

But the point is if you compare HOW he moderates versus how Scoop moderates, they aren't similar at all.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #751 on: March 02, 2021, 09:55:28 AM »
Though I appreciate tower wanting to get multiple point of views, I have no interest in hanging out on 2 MU hoops boards. So Scoop gives me all the Marquette-in' I need. I have not spent one second on Dodds' board.

As for Scoop ... given the volume of crapola they see, I think our mods do a remarkable job. And I say that as a guy who has received several Scoopcations.

I knew Dodds a little when we were both at MU. He was either in my class or my wife's ('83), can't remember. He was always a Marquette hoops junkie, and he found a way to make $$$ off of it, so the capitalist in me has to give him a big thumbs-up for that. I've seen him at a few games over the years, exchanged pleasantries for a few seconds, and that was that.

As for how he runs his site, I wouldn't know because of what I said in my first paragraph. But as tower said, his site his rules, and nobody has to go to his site if they don't like his rules.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:57:55 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #752 on: March 02, 2021, 10:01:39 AM »
Speaking of boards, is IWB’s premium board have any good insight any more? I subscribed for a month or so years ago around the Buzz/Shaka/DoneDeal time but it seems that board has lost a bunch of value since Wojo is so tight lipped about everything.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #753 on: March 02, 2021, 11:25:34 AM »

Good lord.  If your point is that they are the same basic things, then yes.  Dodds' board is just like Scoop.

But the point is if you compare HOW he moderates versus how Scoop moderates, they aren't similar at all.
They are both moderated per the wishes and attitude(s) of the moderator(s).
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #754 on: March 02, 2021, 11:33:53 AM »
Speaking of boards, is IWB’s premium board have any good insight any more? I subscribed for a month or so years ago around the Buzz/Shaka/DoneDeal time but it seems that board has lost a bunch of value since Wojo is so tight lipped about everything.

I’m a member and enjoy it. It’s not as high volume, but more of a focused discussion. I would say there’s still good information, but not as much as the Buzz/Crean eras.

I think it’s pretty clear though that Buzz and Crean filtered information through various channels to craft their narrative. We could almost set our watches to a Goodman article about Buzz.

I also think there’s not as much drama around MU basketball. It always seemed like something was going on with Buzz or Crean, especially when it came to other jobs. Even off the court, there’s not been much that’s really gone on other than Hauser transfer and a few tweets from Mrs Ellenson.

I think that’s a testament to the program and culture Wojo wants. He runs a really good program off the court. It just hasn’t translated to enough wins on the court.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #755 on: March 02, 2021, 12:25:56 PM »
I don't have any hard feelings towards Mr.Dodds and enjoy all of the people on his site.  Now, I do think he is extraordinarily sensitive when he is challenged and often lashes out at specific posters.  I will admit that I can be a little pestiferous and have an aggressive/attacking style when things drive me up the wall.  I also tend to reiterate my thoughts like an unstoppable rebel force when I hit a breaking point.  It's his right to moderate any way he pleases just as it is my right to share my thoughts here or other places.   

Regardless of our differences I have great respect for him and all MU hoops fans.  I'm happy to read all opinions and at the end of the day we are on the same side and want what's best for the program. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #756 on: March 02, 2021, 01:05:41 PM »
I don't have any hard feelings towards Mr.Dodds and enjoy all of the people on his site.  Now, I do think he is extraordinarily sensitive when he is challenged and often lashes out at specific posters.  I will admit that I can be a little pestiferous and have an aggressive/attacking style when things drive me up the wall.  I also tend to reiterate my thoughts like an unstoppable rebel force when I hit a breaking point.  It's his right to moderate any way he pleases just as it is my right to share my thoughts here or other places.   

Regardless of our differences I have great respect for him and all MU hoops fans.  I'm happy to read all opinions and at the end of the day we are on the same side and want what's best for the program.
These tenacious attributes are celebrated on Scoop. You made the right free agency decision.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #757 on: March 02, 2021, 02:45:02 PM »
They are both moderated per the wishes and attitude(s) of the moderator(s).

This is such a copout of a response. Dodds is a schmuck and he moderates his website like a schmuck. To liken the mods here to Dodds is honestly an insult to rocky and topper and the others here whether you believe that or not.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #758 on: March 02, 2021, 02:56:57 PM »
I am not comparing them.  What I am saying that if you run the site, you can moderate it as you see fit.   If memory serves, 14.5 years ago the mods made the conscious decision to not be Dodds.

Dodds moderates his site his way.   I fail to see how that is a problem.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #759 on: March 02, 2021, 03:03:08 PM »
The problem is that the way Dodds runs his board severely limits discussion, especially when it goes against his own opinion. He's free to run his board the way he wants but it frankly sucks way way more because of that. I am very happy that the mods here decided to not be like that chump 14.5 years and aren't raging losers when someone doesn't agree with their opinion. There's a reason only like 10 people post on that board regularly

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #760 on: March 02, 2021, 03:09:51 PM »
It's Dodds board so he can do what he wants. But I've seen him start personally insulting people for disagreeing with him. The guys extremely thin skinned and if you're going to be a moderator you should have a certain ability to remain neutral as you can be for the purpose of discussion.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #761 on: March 02, 2021, 03:42:23 PM »
It's Dodds board so he can do what he wants. But I've seen him start personally insulting people for disagreeing with him. The guys extremely thin skinned and if you're going to be a moderator you should have a certain ability to remain neutral as you can be for the purpose of discussion.

You are a very smart person (for a Scooper anyway), so I assume you just stopped ever going to Dodds' site after that.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

romey

• All American
« Reply #762 on: March 02, 2021, 03:44:18 PM »
Lol.  You must not have lived in America for the last 4 years.

Or in the last 2 months when 42 executive orders were signed.

I'll withdraw the question your honor.

The jury will disregard that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #763 on: March 02, 2021, 03:48:24 PM »
The problem is that the way Dodds runs his board severely limits discussion, especially when it goes against his own opinion. He's free to run his board the way he wants but it frankly sucks way way more because of that. I am very happy that the mods here decided to not be like that chump 14.5 years and aren't raging losers when someone doesn't agree with their opinion. There's a reason only like 10 people post on that board regularly
Which goes back to what I have said repeatedly.  You are free to say what you want.   Others are free to judge you however they see fit based on what you say.   Dodds can moderate his board any way he wants.  We all are free to judge that and participate or not, as we see fit.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #764 on: March 02, 2021, 03:48:37 PM »
You are a very smart person (for a Scooper anyway), so I assume you just stopped ever going to Dodds' site after that.

I've only ever posted once to correct his misrepresenting certain successes or lack there of. Beyond that I read his preseason team interviews that's it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #765 on: March 02, 2021, 03:54:28 PM »
Which goes back to what I have said repeatedly.  You are free to say what you want.   Others are free to judge you however they see fit based on what you say.   Dodds can moderate his board any way he wants.  We all are free to judge that and participate or not, as we see fit.

Dodds is a moderator and if you think that him limiting what other people are able to discuss about MU basketball is okay, then we can agree to disagree. He consistently mishandles his moderator powers and goes out of his way to insult others. Yes, he has the free will to do what he wants as you keep densely stating, but that doesn't make it right, which is the point I'm trying to make. If you want to defend his behavior, then I really don't care

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #766 on: March 02, 2021, 03:54:51 PM »
I am not comparing them.  What I am saying that if you run the site, you can moderate it as you see fit.   If memory serves, 14.5 years ago the mods made the conscious decision to not be Dodds.

Dodds moderates his site his way.   I fail to see how that is a problem.

Tower

You’ve explained yourself very clearly. Multiple times. And what you’ve explained is 100% true. Of course that doesn’t mean some people won’t want to fight about it. That’s just the way it is....some things will never change.

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #767 on: March 02, 2021, 03:58:30 PM »
Tower

You’ve explained yourself very clearly. Multiple times. And what you’ve explained is 100% true. Of course that doesn’t mean some people won’t want to fight about it. That’s just the way it is....some things will never change.

Do you have an issue with what I'm trying to say? How about saying it to me directly

tower912

• All American
« Reply #768 on: March 02, 2021, 03:59:45 PM »
Dodds is a moderator and if you think that him limiting what other people are able to discuss about MU basketball is okay, then we can agree to disagree. He consistently mishandles his moderator powers and goes out of his way to insult others. Yes, he has the free will to do what he wants as you keep densely stating, but that doesn't make it right, which is the point I'm trying to make. If you want to defend his behavior, then I really don't care
A moderator can moderate a board any way he wants.
Feel free to start your own.

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #769 on: March 02, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
A moderator can moderate a board any way he wants.
Feel free to start your own.

That's why we have this beautiful place, my friend

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #770 on: March 02, 2021, 04:17:25 PM »
Tower, I suggest you abandon this and start working on a clever thread title after tonight's thrashing of the Blue Rats.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #771 on: March 02, 2021, 04:22:38 PM »
Do you have an issue with what I'm trying to say? How about saying it to me directly

Because, as he says, some things will never change.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #772 on: March 02, 2021, 04:29:42 PM »

OK. All Tower has ever said was that moderators (Dodds, Rocky, every moderator on every board) make and enforce whatever rules they see fit. It’s their job. In that respect they are all alike. He NEVER said that Dodds and Rocky, for example, have the same rules and/or enforcement policies. But you, Fluff, etc., seem to want to attribute that argument to him and fight about it. Which makes zero sense. OK?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #773 on: March 02, 2021, 04:32:04 PM »
OK. All Tower has ever said was that moderators (Dodds, Rocky, every moderator on every board) make and enforce whatever rules they see fit. It’s their job. In that respect they are all alike. He NEVER said that Dodds and Rocky, for example, have the same rules and/or enforcement policies. But you, Fluff, etc., seem to want to attribute that argument to him and fight about it. Which makes zero sense. OK?

And is blatantly off topic and deserves the Scoop Ban hammer.

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #774 on: March 02, 2021, 04:32:34 PM »
Okay, I accept that and I agree. My bad