[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Joe Biden projected President-Elect in 2024 Election  (Read 7238 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Joe Biden projected President-Elect in 2024 Election
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2020, 08:53:01 AM »
A federal pardon won't protect him from Letitia James. He'll be under a legal microscope like he's never been before. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Punishing his rampant criminality won't necessarily heal the nation.
While I understand what you are saying, ignoring criminality only enables it again in the future. If a sitting President can't be indicted while in office (a silly idea IMO that rests upon a single opinion and needs to be reviewed), and then when he leaves office we simply wash our hands of all misdeeds the previous 4 years, then the President is truly above the law and can break any and all laws without repercussion.

If we a nation of laws, they need to apply to a President as well.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2020, 08:54:52 AM »
Glad Biden won v Trump.

But anyone is kidding themselves to believe a Biden administration (corporatist neoliberal) is going to have significant policy change that will improve the lives of most of us.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2020, 08:56:39 AM »
Glad Biden won v Trump.

But anyone is kidding themselves to believe a Biden administration (corporatist neoliberal) is going to have significant policy change that will improve the lives of most of us.

I agree but common decency from the office will be refreshing
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2020, 09:03:31 AM »
I agree but common decency from the office will be refreshing
As well as hopefully a better healthcare plan. What is it, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The first part, life, I think includes being as healthy as possible

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2020, 09:04:15 AM »
I'd hope after that speech, more republican senators will step forward, congratulate Biden and say they look forward to working with him.

I hope someone sprinkles fairy dust on me and I turn into a superhero.

I would love for you to be correct, but...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »
Glad Biden won v Trump.

Biden's term may not yield dramatic policy changes. But the reasons are, in order:

1. The need to dig us out of the huge black hole of the Covid crisis, which will take plenty of time and huge $$$. Nothing significant is going to happen until we make real progress in turning this around.
2. The likelihood that he is fighting against a Republican-controlled Senate and (to a lesser degree) a conservative Supreme Court.
3. Biden's actual policy positions.

If you think an ultra-liberal POTUS would make significant policy headway in his/her first term against these headwinds, I have a bridge to sell you....

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2020, 09:48:14 AM »
I'll be more comfortable with your statement after the official canvassing.  I'm ever freaked out by the small mistake of transposing a number or putting one total in the column for the other guy. 

That type of error rarely happens these days.  With the use of voting machines and the double and triple checking that goes on, and how the data is transmitted, large errors like that just don't occur.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2020, 10:04:15 AM »

Biden's term may not yield dramatic policy changes. But the reasons are, in order:

1. The need to dig us out of the huge black hole of the Covid crisis, which will take plenty of time and huge $$$. Nothing significant is going to happen until we make real progress in turning this around.
2. The likelihood that he is fighting against a Republican-controlled Senate and (to a lesser degree) a conservative Supreme Court.

If you think an ultra-liberal POTUS would make significant policy headway in his/her first term against these headwinds, I have a bridge to sell you....

You're not wrong.

I just wanted to state what my expectations were going to be.

It's going to be slightly less conservative Trump policies without inciteful tweeting.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2020, 10:53:50 AM »

Plus, the public hate Biden will feel will be significant. Lots of pundits expect the ex-president to build his own TV network to rival Fox, plus he will tweet numerous dishonest, hate-filled things daily. If this pandemic had happened under his watch, and had the results been the exact same, Citizen Trump would have been firing out dozens of tweets daily about how horribly Biden had messed things up.

One might respond, "So? Who cares what Trump tweets once he's out of the White House?" Well, he has tens of millions of people who believe every word he says, and thousands of them are violent. Additionally, many in Congress will continue following his lead, hoping to ride his brand to long (or longer) political careers. It's been disappointing (but not very surprising) how few Republicans have spoken out against his traitorous statements so far.

We all love the idea of uniting the country, but I have to admit that I'm pretty pessimistic. And I'm an extreme optimist on most things.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2020, 10:57:48 AM »
Seriously guys... You really don't like nice things do you?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »
Seriously guys... You really don't like nice things do you?

It’s probably best that we just not talk politics and focus on whatever the upcoming season turns out to be.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2020, 01:16:38 PM »
I hope someone sprinkles fairy dust on me and I turn into a superhero.

I would love for you to be correct, but...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/politics/george-w-bush-congratulates-biden/index.html

This is a pretty big GOP name stepping up and speaking. Hopefully the trend continues.

I hear you can go to Oregon now, and find some fairy mushrooms that may make you feel like a superhero.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »
January 5th Georgia Senate elections:

Voters have until December 7th to register to vote in Georgia. Early in person voting begins December 14th.
Absentee ballots will be mailed Nov 18th. Tell your friends.

20% higher votes in Presidential Election 2020. 5 million more.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2020, 01:35:47 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/politics/george-w-bush-congratulates-biden/index.html

This is a pretty big GOP name stepping up and speaking. Hopefully the trend continues.

I hear you can go to Oregon now, and find some fairy mushrooms that may make you feel like a superhero.

I’ll be able to fly!!!

The reason I posted, though, is cuz a McConnell source said the Senate would not even approve progressives if Biden nominated them for his Cabinet. McConnell will oppose everything -including a Supreme Court Justice if one opens up. As a matter of fact, I think he would not even allow a vote for a progressive justice. Period. No law says he has to.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »

Ya.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1325446106118041602?s=19

But, in general, decent GOP members loved Trump's policy/stances, but disliked Trump. Exhibit A in the link

MU82

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2020, 02:06:32 PM »

The Bushes have been at odds with the emperor for years.

This nation needs some of the Republicans who have generally supported Trump to support America now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson