[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Joe Biden projected President-Elect in 2024 Election  (Read 7235 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Joe Biden projected President-Elect in 2024 Election
« on: November 07, 2020, 11:27:11 AM »
Lock it if you want, but it must be said, if even once.

tower912

• All American
Re: Joe Biden projected President-Elect in 2024 Election
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 11:33:07 AM »
To borrow from Hamilton:   Winning is easy, old man, governing is harder.     

Time to go to work. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 11:33:49 AM »
Remember, you heard it here first. Your President Elect for 2024, Joe Biden. 

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 11:36:13 AM »
The same emotion many Indiana alums/fans had after Miles Brand made the call to FIRE Bobby Knight.  Behavior was everything here.  Trump was a total putz.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Boone

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »
Now hopefully John King can get some much-needed rest...although he may have a body double like Melania who helped out this week

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 11:51:59 AM »
306. And, the winning and losing popular vote difference will be more votes than the total number of votes in 35 individual states.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:56:02 AM by shoothoops »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 12:10:31 PM »
This is big and important news.  Though the announcement was really yesterday when the MUScoop statisticians called it (they aren't to be doubted).

If you can keep it civil, we'll allow it.  But little chance of that happening for long.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 12:14:28 PM »
I'm incredibly relieved. Hopefully for the next 4 years, we can not have to think about politics so much. I know we are polarized, but I really hope Joe Biden's intention of being a president to all the states resonates. We have more in common than what divides us, and while I am definitely on the left end of the Democratic spectrum, there's no reason we can't see progress and a way forward together for everyone on both sides of the aisle.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 12:33:17 PM »
It’s a great day. The video of Van Jones after the announcement was eye opening. The things he talked about are things I’ve never had to deal with. But they’re incredibly important and you can see what this means to him on a personal level. He’s one of many.

It’s fitting 45 got the greenie weenie while on the golf course, the place he promised he would not be because he’d be too busy working for the American people. Had he held up on his promise we’d have a much better handle on covid and he’d be celebrating a second term.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
I'm incredibly relieved. Hopefully for the next 4 years, we can not have to think about politics so much. I know we are polarized, but I really hope Joe Biden's intention of being a president to all the states resonates. We have more in common than what divides us, and while I am definitely on the left end of the Democratic spectrum, there's no reason we can't see progress and a way forward together for everyone on both sides of the aisle.

I think a lot of republicans who disagree with Joe will still accept this and  try to make this country better. I think the nearly 50% that embrace all or part of QAnon will dig even deeper into divisiveness.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »
As difficult as it might be, I'm trying not to make this too much about the person who lost or any kind of feeling of schadenfreude.

I'm trying real hard to concentrate on the fact that a compassion, decent, hard-working man and a brilliant, talented woman soon will be doing their damnedest to lead our democratic republic back out of the moral, ethical and spiritual abyss.

Have a great weekend, everybody. Time for a beer (or 6)!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 01:02:33 PM »
Just a reminder, Trump may not concede (he doesn't have to).  The electoral college votes on Dec 14.  That's essentially the path Gore took in 2000 (conceded on Dec 13).

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 01:32:54 PM »
As difficult as it might be, I'm trying not to make this too much about the person who lost or any kind of feeling of schadenfreude.

I'm trying real hard to concentrate on the fact that a compassion, decent, hard-working man and a brilliant, talented woman soon will be doing their damnedest to lead our democratic republic back out of the moral, ethical and spiritual abyss.

Have a great weekend, everybody. Time for a beer (or 6)!

First Pres and VP without an Ivy pedigree since 1977-1981.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Boone

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 01:38:32 PM »
Didn’t think I could admire Van Jones more than already did. I was wrong

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2020, 02:03:06 PM »
It’s been inevitable for a couple days. But I’m glad for the result and glad it’s over.

Now MU starts in a couple of weeks and we can go back to being separated by what really matters: Projos v. Nojos.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2020, 02:19:35 PM »
Welcome to the White House, Major and Champ!  Reminder that only sociopaths don't like dogs. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »
I've been bitten 7 times by dogs.    I am not a sociopath, but I am not a pet person.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
A great relief!

The next four years will be hard, dealing with a raging pandemic, its economic fallout and a fractured populace. Maybe the biggest sh!tball handed to an incoming President since Carter. Still, at least we have someone who will try to do the right thing, instead of constantly worrying about the 'brand.'

It's a good start....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 02:58:05 PM »
#guruwatch

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 03:04:35 PM »
I'm in NYC.  I was on a Hidden Places of Central Park Tour when news broke.  We heard screaming and horns and clapping loudly through the entire park.  Our guide and tour group we're ecstatic except one woman who was angry and said Biden "only won by cheating and it will be overturned".  The group went quiet and stopped talking about it and she actually just went and left the tour 15 minutes later.  City lis peaceful and oud with happiness the entire day and still going.....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2020, 03:05:41 PM »
Chicago and from what I've seen of many other cities looked like the ending scenes from Star Wars Return of the Jedi where there's celebrations everywhere.

Hope that the right gives him an honest shot with a pandemic going on it's important he gets it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2020, 03:07:09 PM »
#guruwatch

He's on Twitter with a Marquette avatar embarrassing anyone with any connection to the university.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2020, 03:13:35 PM »
I've been bitten 7 times by dogs.    I am not a sociopath, but I am not a pet person.

Damn, tower!

Did those bites happen because they freaked out when you showed up in firefighter gear? Bad luck? Do you give off a bad vibe? Or are you just too damn delicious?

I love dogs, especially larger breeds like retrievers and other working, hunting or sporting pups.

Between innings when I'm umpiring youth baseball, if I see a cute pup, I'll go up to it, talk nice, pet it (though I always ask first), and say to the owner: "Dogs love umpires. That's just science!" It always gets a good laugh.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »
He's on Twitter with a Marquette avatar embarrassing anyone with any connection to the university.

Yeah he apparently doesn’t know that the electors have already been chosen by the state legislatures. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2020, 03:24:25 PM »
Damn, tower!

Did those bites happen because they freaked out when you showed up in firefighter gear? Bad luck? Do you give off a bad vibe? Or are you just too damn delicious?

I love dogs, especially larger breeds like retrievers and other working, hunting or sporting pups.

Between innings when I'm umpiring youth baseball, if I see a cute pup, I'll go up to it, talk nice, pet it (though I always ask first), and say to the owner: "Dogs love umpires. That's just science!" It always gets a good laugh.
3x when I was a paperboy.  2x by my MIL's dog when we were watching him, he hid under beds, and I had to (at the request of my daughter and wife) go fish him out.   Once by the dog of some family friends.  Once by a dog who didn't like firefighters.