Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] WAY Too Early Bracketology  (Read 1815 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
[Paint Touches] WAY Too Early Bracketology
« on: November 07, 2020, 07:42:37 AM »
https://painttouches.com/2020/11/07/way-too-early-bracketology-fall-2020/

With the season right around the corner I put this together to try and get into the Marquette basketball spirit. Paint Touches' take on an early bracketology as well as some brief thoughts on why there are reasons to be both optimistic and pessimistic about this Marquette team.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] WAY Too Early Bracketology
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 08:45:54 AM »
https://painttouches.com/2020/11/07/way-too-early-bracketology-fall-2020/

With the season right around the corner I put this together to try and get into the Marquette basketball spirit. Paint Touches' take on an early bracketology as well as some brief thoughts on why there are reasons to be both optimistic and pessimistic about this Marquette team.

I think with 11 teams, that 6th BE team will be more the "certainty" than the "if" from now on.

Go UIC Flames! Yaklich may need a year or two, though, to turn that mess around, but it may be sooner with his defensive mind set.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 09:06:16 AM »
I think with 11 teams, that 6th BE team will be more the "certainty" than the "if" from now on.

Go UIC Flames! Yaklich may need a year or two, though, to turn that mess around, but it may be sooner with his defensive mind set.
I think 6 teams is very possible. However, finishing 6th in Big East means you will have to play a first round game in Big East tournament. With the addition of Uconn, I believe there will be 6 teams playing in the first round instead of four. Finish 6th and lose to the 11th place team will probably not get you into the tournament.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 09:39:10 AM »
I think 6 teams is very possible. However, finishing 6th in Big East means you will have to play a first round game in Big East tournament. With the addition of Uconn, I believe there will be 6 teams playing in the first round instead of four. Finish 6th and lose to the 11th place team will probably not get you into the tournament.

Remember, with 20 games now, there will be more separation in the regular conference standings. Currently, the BR standings were bunched up like 82's shorts.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
Remember, with 20 games now, there will be more separation in the regular conference standings. Currently, the BR standings were bunched up like 82's shorts.
I am not sure this is entirely true. The bottom two teams are likely to have two extra losses and the top two teams are likely to have two more wins. Those results will make no difference. The middle teams are likely to split the two extra games. I do not see much difference between 9-9 and 10-10. Basically if your schedule is strong enough to get you in at 9-9 you will get in at 10-10. However, if your schedule is not good enough to get you in at 9-9 then 10-10 might not get you over the hump. It will interesting to see the bracketology going into the final week of the season.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 02:54:00 PM »
I am not sure this is entirely true. The bottom two teams are likely to have two extra losses and the top two teams are likely to have two more wins. Those results will make no difference. The middle teams are likely to split the two extra games. I do not see much difference between 9-9 and 10-10. Basically if your schedule is strong enough to get you in at 9-9 you will get in at 10-10. However, if your schedule is not good enough to get you in at 9-9 then 10-10 might not get you over the hump. It will interesting to see the bracketology going into the final week of the season.
With 20 games and the addition of a solid program in U Conn, the conference season will be grueling for every team. So I agree with you and think there will be a lot of teams bunched in the middle.