[March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: CBS Sports Big East Predictions  (Read 11906 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

tower912

• All American
Re: CBS Sports Big East Predictions
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 10:33:34 AM »
3 freshmen, one RS freshman.   Two sophomores.   One junior.   3 seniors.   Replacing Markus.    With disjointed practice.   Who will lead?    Who will be the back up 5?   A generic mid pack prediction is almost a gift.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
3 freshmen, one RS freshman.   Two sophomores.   One junior.   3 seniors.   Replacing Markus.    With disjointed practice.   Who will lead?    Who will be the back up 5?   A generic mid pack prediction is almost a gift.

But it’s only Wojo’s 7th year! Give him some time! Our “trajectory” is awesome!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 10:40:52 AM »
I think this may be the season the Wojo haters finally get their wish.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 10:46:34 AM »

And I think Projos like myself will finally begrudgingly agree that if we don’t make the tournament we are going in the wrong direction as a program.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 04:49:15 PM »

I’ve celebrated Wojo’s successes (mostly recruiting - Henry, Markus, the Hausers, Dawson G, etc.) and criticized what I think are his failings (in game coaching, totally green lighting his stars, end of season collapses, etc.).

I’ve almost thrown in the towel on many occasions but I’ve clung to the hope that I might be wrong, that maybe he could get it done. I’m still clinging, but this year I need to see something.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
I’ve celebrated Wojo’s successes (mostly recruiting - Henry, Markus, the Hausers, Dawson G, etc.) and criticized what I think are his failings (in game coaching, totally green lighting his stars, end of season collapses, etc.).

I’ve almost thrown in the towel on many occasions but I’ve clung to the hope that I might be wrong, that maybe he could get it done. I’m still clinging, but this year I need to see something.

I really don’t blame anyone that have thrown in the towel.  I don’t. 

I think apathy is far stronger than complaining, though.  Apathy is far more dangerous to a program.  If people want Wojo out, stop spending money by going to games.  Stop participating in the program. 

I struggle with that because it’s tough on the kids in the program. 

People will always complain about their teams, even when/if they win.  Christ, Packers and Badgers fans complain more when they lose a game than celebrate when the win.  It’s when it’s silent that programs notice. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 07:07:02 PM »
I’ll say it again. I think we are being underestimated. They think the loss of Markus Howard is bigger than it will be.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 07:12:51 PM »
I hope you are correct.  A whole lot of things have to fall in place.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 07:49:45 PM »
Biggest thing will be consistency and chemistry.  A lot of the returning pieces had good games/stretches last year, but pretty much no non-Markus player could put it together all season.  We're also adding 5 new pieces to the rotation, the speed in which they gel will go a long way in determining the season.  All, assuming that a full-ish season can be played.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 09:13:11 PM »

Nah. This season is going to be so messed up and finances are going to be a major issue for the university that the administration won’t pull the trigger on a coaching change.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

mug644

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2020, 09:22:04 PM »
Biggest thing will be consistency and chemistry.  A lot of the returning pieces had good games/stretches last year, but pretty much no non-Markus player could put it together all season.  We're also adding 5 new pieces to the rotation, the speed in which they gel will go a long way in determining the season.  All, assuming that a full-ish season can be played.

And add into that the 14-day quarantine that the team is in right now. Can’t be good for gelling.

Nah. This season is going to be so messed up and finances are going to be a major issue for the university that the administration won’t pull the trigger on a coaching change.

Very good point. I’m someone who needs Wojo to finally show something special, but I can see how the administration might again accept mediocrity.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2020, 10:14:46 PM »

This. University budget is a mess. Nothing changing with Covid

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 09:31:13 AM »

Brother DJ, you hit the nail right on the head. I guess I’m hoping Coach Wojo can get this team hitting on all five. If he does, we’re going to be chasing Villanova. If he doesn’t, we’ll be chasing DePaul and he’ll be chasing a new job.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 11:47:03 AM »

All University budgets everywhere are a mess.  Don't be surprised if this coming year sees less than normal coaching turnover.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 12:09:01 PM »
All University budgets everywhere are a mess.  Don't be surprised if this coming year sees less than normal coaching turnover.
Well I've been told the universities have million of dollars they are keeping from the athletes. What's the truth?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »
If we don't fire Wojo, we're probably going to have to extend him.  He can't be on the recruiting trail with only a few years left on his deal. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Viper

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 01:08:38 PM »
I'm not on board with Wojo at this point, but I’d toss Lovell before I smoke the coach. Lovell has been bad news on all fronts since coming on board. btw, I pray MU can avoid RED this season. I fear they’ll crush us. Heck, their roster is a bunch 30 yr olds😀
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 01:21:31 PM »
I'm not on board with Wojo at this point, but I’d toss Lovell before I smoke the coach. Lovell has been bad news on all fronts since coming on board. btw, I pray MU can avoid RED this season. I fear they’ll crush us. Heck, their roster is a bunch 30 yr olds😀

What?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 01:48:30 PM »

I'm with you, Lenny.

I have never been on the 'fire Wojo' wagon, and I hope I never get there. But this season is critical. I'm not going to pin my opinion on any particular W-L outcome as much as (1) his in-game coaching and (2) our trajectory as the season progresses. I want to see definite improvement in one or (hopefully) both areas.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 01:52:34 PM »
Like it or not, barring some kind of scandal or a truly horrific record (like 9-16 or something), I see little to no way Wojo gets fired after this season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 02:01:07 PM »
Like it or not, barring some kind of scandal or a truly horrific record (like 9-16 or something), I see little to no way Wojo gets fired after this season.

You are correct.  But more people will be falling to the Nojo side of the fence.  That won’t lead the university to fire Wojo.  But it will lead to apathy and that is a bad thing.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2020, 02:42:54 PM »

Mike,

I’m not suggesting that another lackluster performance gets Wojo fired - I agree that for reasons beyond my comprehension he is very safe/secure at MU.

feedback