[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Interview with Dexter  (Read 5597 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Interview with Dexter
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »
RE: being around Markus.  Gave him confidence.  How could this be!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvexnBwO_sA&feature=youtu.be&t=278

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 04:16:25 PM »
Thanks for posting.

My favorite part was when Dexter hesitated answering the question about his role this season. I'm hoping its because he's humble and didn't want to say "I'm going to be a day 1 starter" and not because his role is going to be small. I really want to buy the Dexter hype but have been burned too many times.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »

When his answer to the most improve part of his game came with that Big, Big Grinning Smile ( His cheeks were almost bleeding) and he said "Jumpers" I'm getting vibes and buying into his hype.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 05:39:59 AM »
Nice size guard, real quick, I think hes going to make a difference!  `

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 08:03:22 AM »
Nice size guard, real quick, I think hes going to make a difference!  `

Right 🙄

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »
RE: being around Markus.  Gave him confidence.  How could this be!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvexnBwO_sA&feature=youtu.be&t=278

By all accounts “being around” Markus was a good thing. He is a special person. Playing with him was another matter.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 07:05:41 PM »
By all accounts “being around” Markus was a good thing. He is a special person. Playing with him was another matter.

Lol.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 01:17:26 AM »

All accounts? Sounds like 2 accounts. And those two also didn’t want to play with Tyler Herro. Aka they don’t want better players than them on their team is why it seems like.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 05:05:45 AM »
All accounts? Sounds like 2 accounts. And those two also didn’t want to play with Tyler Herro. Aka they don’t want better players than them on their team is why it seems like.

Agree with the first part, but as to the second part they did transfer to msu and virginia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 03:32:53 PM »

2 accounts? 2 guys transferred, 1 guy quit and another stlll on our roster has also been vocal. How many other  not on the record is anyone’s guess.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:39:37 AM by Lennys Tap »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 03:37:16 PM »

2 accounts? 2 guys transferred, 1 guy quit and another stlll on our roster has also been vocal. How many other  ot on the record is anyone’s guess.

You think Ed Morrow quit because Markus Howard?

Lol. Whatever fits your agenda Lenny.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 03:41:27 PM »

2 accounts? 2 guys transferred, 1 guy quit and another stlll on our roster has also been vocal. How many other  ot on the record is anyone’s guess.

Morrow being 6'5 and desperately wanting to be a forward when he lacked forward skills and instead being the third big man is Markus' fault?   

Sounds agenda driven to me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 07:05:47 PM »
I have it on pretty good authority that Ed quit due to wanting to focus on grades as he knew there was no nba call coming.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »
I have it on pretty good authority that Ed quit due to wanting to focus on grades as he knew there was no nba call coming.

I am sure there are many facets to this story.  But this Clear eyed rationale and the pregame walkoff don’t totally work together. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 07:14:00 PM »
I am sure there are many facets to this story.  But this Clear eyed rationale and the pregame walkoff don’t totally work together. 

Especially since it’s my understanding that he went home to Chicago.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 07:22:15 PM »
Especially since it’s my understanding that he went home to Chicago.

Can't speak to that, but the same person told my gf about Sam and Joey before they left publicly so I trusted the info. But i suppose that it could be wrong
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2020, 10:37:27 AM »
You think Ed Morrow quit because Markus Howard?

Lol. Whatever fits your agenda Lenny.

I don’t know what made Ed unhappy, only that he was unhappy enough to quit. You said 2 guys, but by my count now that Koby is on the record that makes 3 so in fairness you seem to be the agenda driven guy here.

I don’t know why it’s the least bit controversial that the player with the greatest usage in Marquette history (and second only to some guy from Iona in the 11 years it’s been measured) wasn’t easy or “fun” to play with. And when the strategy of ball dominance produces back to back end of season total collapses it makes the one man team concept even harder to swallow. If you honestly believe only the Hausers and Koby had difficulties with our “of the Markus, by the Markus and for the Markus“ approach over the last two years I have some fertile farmland in Antarctica you might be interested in.

As previously stated, I don’t blame Markus. Wojo was the one calling the shots. At times it was fun for the fans, especially early in the season (Buffalo, USC) when Markus went video game against teams whose defenses gave him all he wanted. Didn’t work out so well down the stretch of seasons vs Big East teams, though. We’ve closed out the last two seasons with 12 losses in 14 games. And looked dispirited and unhappy doing it. That’s not an agenda, it’s an observation. Ignoring or downplaying the obvious? There’s an agenda for you.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »
As previously stated, I don’t blame Markus. Wojo was the one calling the shots. At times it was fun for the fans, especially early in the season (Buffalo, USC) when Markus went video game against teams whose defenses gave him all he wanted. Didn’t work out so well down the stretch of seasons vs Big East teams, though. We’ve closed out the last two seasons with 12 losses in 14 games. And looked dispirited and unhappy doing it. That’s not an agenda, it’s an observation. Ignoring or downplaying the obvious? There’s an agenda for you.

Dis right here.

Anyhoo, I'm interested to see if the approach changes with DJ as the lead guard this year. I'd hope so.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2020, 01:40:59 PM »
I don’t know what made Ed unhappy, only that he was unhappy enough to quit. You said 2 guys, but by my count now that Koby is on the record that makes 3 so in fairness you seem to be the agenda driven guy here.

I don’t know why it’s the least bit controversial that the player with the greatest usage in Marquette history (and second only to some guy from Iona in the 11 years it’s been measured) wasn’t easy or “fun” to play with. And when the strategy of ball dominance produces back to back end of season total collapses it makes the one man team concept even harder to swallow. If you honestly believe only the Hausers and Koby had difficulties with our “of the Markus, by the Markus and for the Markus“ approach over the last two years I have some fertile farmland in Antarctica you might be interested in.

Lenny: Markus is so hard to play with that Ed quit the program.

Also Lenny: I don't know why Ed quit the team.  You have an agenda.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 06:01:35 PM »
I don’t know what made Ed unhappy, only that he was unhappy enough to quit.
I thought it was pretty obvious: Ed was the 3rd best center on a team where he wanted to be the PF but didn't possess the right skills and was getting a few spare minutes as a 5th year senior.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2020, 07:10:02 PM »
Lenny: Markus is so hard to play with that Ed quit the program.

Also Lenny: I don't know why Ed quit the team.  You have an agenda.

No.

You stated that only two MU players found it difficult to play with Markus. Which was factually wrong, as a third (Koby) was already on the record. There was another player unhappy enough to quit the team, but I clarified by admitting I didn’t know if any of that unhappiness stemmed from playing with Markus.

Please don’t misunderstand me. As stated, Markus is an exceptional young man and an extremely talented player. He was, quite simply, a star. The questions for me are a) was he enough of a star (and were his supporting casts bad enough) to merit the highest usage ever recorded in high D1 basketball, b) did that usage rate lead to other players being unhappy and c) did that usage rate make us easier to defend late in the season (when team’s defensive rotations are better and there’s lots of tape available).

My conclusions are: no, yes and yes. I think we would have been better, happier and more successful late in the season if Markus’s usage % wasn’t off the charts. I said it two years ago when we fell apart down the stretch so (sadly and naturally) I wasn’t surprised when it happened again last year.

You obviously disagree. Perhaps you think that Markus was used perfectly, his teammates loved playing with him and that our late season collapses were coincidences.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 07:41:34 PM by Lennys Tap »

feedback