[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 245472 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #1425 on: January 10, 2021, 08:27:38 PM »
Packers at 3:30 Saturday.

I wish they would’ve put it in primetime. It’ll be the most competitive game next weekend in my opinion.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #1426 on: January 10, 2021, 08:57:57 PM »
I wish they would’ve put it in primetime. It’ll be the most competitive game next weekend in my opinion.

Ravens/ bills?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1427 on: January 10, 2021, 09:09:01 PM »
Ravens/ bills?

Definitely in the discussion, I just am intrigued by this Rams/Packers the most. I believe it’s going to be a solid game.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1428 on: January 10, 2021, 09:51:18 PM »
Don’t know why Steelers punted there.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1429 on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:17 PM »
Tomlin won’t be fired because it’s Pittsburgh, but he’s been unimpressive for a few years now.

That decision to punt, absolutely should be fireable.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1430 on: January 10, 2021, 09:58:07 PM »
These are billion dollar companies, led by millionaire coaches that consistently make awful, awful, awful in game decisions.

I’ve joked on here that a team should simply hire a 14 year old Madden player to sit up in a booth and tell coaches what decisions to make.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1431 on: January 10, 2021, 11:13:26 PM »
Sean Payton risking Brees and his offense for a totally meaningless TD is stupid.

He was trying to run the clock down but Numnuts Nagy decided to start calling timeouts down 3 scores with no offense and under 4 minutes. Wasn’t calling them as they moved down the field, literally waited for the Saints to get vanilla inside the red zone.  I bet he was the dude to steal the basketball as his opponent eased up and dribbled out the clock up 15.

And it’s not like he has some super aggressive nature, as we saw what he did to end the first half. He’s just such a putz

Can’t wait for Pace to get the ax, Nagy to stay, and god knows what they do at the QB position.  Probably trade for Glennon

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1432 on: January 11, 2021, 09:44:39 AM »
I suspect the Browns' game plan involves sending Stefanski to the Chiefs' facility to cough on things(and maybe Mahomes', Hill's and Kelce's houses).

That was fun last night. Sad when a team is up 35-10 at the half and their fans are (rightly) thinking, "That's not enough...gotta put some more points on the board." We thoroughly enjoyed it at my house. It really has been fun watching these games with my kids...they have absolutely no memory of a time when the Browns were a competitive football team.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1433 on: January 11, 2021, 12:27:22 PM »
I suspect the Browns' game plan involves sending Stefanski to the Chiefs' facility to cough on things(and maybe Mahomes', Hill's and Kelce's houses).

That was fun last night. Sad when a team is up 35-10 at the half and their fans are (rightly) thinking, "That's not enough...gotta put some more points on the board." We thoroughly enjoyed it at my house. It really has been fun watching these games with my kids...they have absolutely no memory of a time when the Browns were a competitive football team.

I was texting during the game with one of my closest friends who is a diehard Browns fan.  And hes not so much a defeatist with PTSD, but just watched them this year.  Joe Woods, the Browns DC, had one of the most over the top passive "bend dont break" defensive mentalities ever this year.  And it was very apparent through the season, even before last night.  Browns routinely would get large leads, and then Woods dialed back any and all scheming and pressure to "not get beat".  This resulted in teams stringing together tons of drives and momentum to get them back into the game, especially combined with Stefanski's tendency to get insanely conservative with leads in the second half.   The Dallas game, the Tennessee game, a few others, featured the Browns jumping out to a lead and then turtling up and letting the opponent storm back.

Stefanski has done an incredible job this year in spite of it.  Last night was remarkable too in the second half cause Big Ben has no arm, yet they refused to dare him to go long and let him have everything underneath which made it far closer than it ever should.

Its funny, the Browns won their first playoff game in ages, have a actual bright future instead of fools gold...but they still probably should fire their DC

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1434 on: January 11, 2021, 12:45:24 PM »
I was texting during the game with one of my closest friends who is a diehard Browns fan.  And hes not so much a defeatist with PTSD, but just watched them this year.  Joe Woods, the Browns DC, had one of the most over the top passive "bend dont break" defensive mentalities ever this year.  And it was very apparent through the season, even before last night.  Browns routinely would get large leads, and then Woods dialed back any and all scheming and pressure to "not get beat".  This resulted in teams stringing together tons of drives and momentum to get them back into the game, especially combined with Stefanski's tendency to get insanely conservative with leads in the second half.   The Dallas game, the Tennessee game, a few others, featured the Browns jumping out to a lead and then turtling up and letting the opponent storm back.

Stefanski has done an incredible job this year in spite of it.  Last night was remarkable too in the second half cause Big Ben has no arm, yet they refused to dare him to go long and let him have everything underneath which made it far closer than it ever should.

Its funny, the Browns won their first playoff game in ages, have a actual bright future instead of fools gold...but they still probably should fire their DC

Yes, they do play scared and it's maddening as a fan. I can't tell you how many times I've yelled at the TV when the Browns run the ball or throw a six yard pass on 3rd and 15. Hopefully they'll have some much-needed confidence next year and play a little more aggressively.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1435 on: January 11, 2021, 01:24:45 PM »
Pederson fired today. I guess I was wrong about the impact that last game had. I’m not sure it was the deciding factor, but it sounded like he was on track to coming back before that game.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1436 on: January 11, 2021, 01:36:11 PM »
Pederson fired today. I guess I was wrong about the impact that last game had. I’m not sure it was the deciding factor, but it sounded like he was on track to coming back before that game.

Welp, I guess those that said this won't be an issue for Pederson when next season rolls around were correct after all.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1437 on: January 11, 2021, 01:39:20 PM »
New potential Lions HC.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1438 on: January 11, 2021, 01:41:19 PM »
Welp, I guess those that said this won't be an issue for Pederson when next season rolls around were correct after all.

<sky point>
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1439 on: January 11, 2021, 01:47:04 PM »

I was on the other side that said losing the locker room could mean losing his job. It was just an opinion and I still think it was a contributing factor, but I agree with you that it “may” not have been the biggest reason for the firing.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1440 on: January 11, 2021, 01:59:51 PM »
I was on the other side that said losing the locker room could mean losing his job. It was just an opinion and I still think it was a contributing factor, but I agree with you that it “may” not have been the biggest reason for the firing.

Jay Glazer seems to think so.

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
Pederson was safe heading Into that Week 17 game versus Washington. Lot can happen in a week

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1441 on: January 11, 2021, 02:42:35 PM »
Jay Glazer seems to think so.

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
Pederson was safe heading Into that Week 17 game versus Washington. Lot can happen in a week

Hadn't seen that. Guess my original opinion was righter than I thought.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1442 on: January 11, 2021, 03:21:16 PM »

Jets expected to reach out to him considering their General Manager's previous relationship with Pederson in Philadelphia.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1443 on: January 11, 2021, 03:44:27 PM »
Jets expected to reach out to him considering their General Manager's previous relationship with Pederson in Philadelphia.

Given the last couple years of steep regression from Carson Wentz, is Pederson the guy you want to develop a young QB, whether they draft one or stick with Darnold?

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #1444 on: January 11, 2021, 04:03:23 PM »
Given the last couple years of steep regression from Carson Wentz, is Pederson the guy you want to develop a young QB, whether they draft one or stick with Darnold?

As a Jets fan, this answer is a resounding NO for me.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1445 on: January 11, 2021, 04:39:31 PM »

I'm not Philly fan so maybe someone can answer this for me. How much of Wentz's regression had to do with the injuries? ACL, back, concussions.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1446 on: January 11, 2021, 04:46:59 PM »
Pederson lost the locker room. He had already lost Wentz (for better or worse). Some scoff at the “integrity of the game” angle, but I’ll bet it was a factor.

And then there’s the easily measurable stuff - 13-3 and SB champs in 2017 ... 9-7 and second round loss in 2018 ... 9-7 and first round loss in 2019 ... 4-11-1 embarrassment in 2020.

That’s not exactly a wonderful trend.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1447 on: January 11, 2021, 05:03:33 PM »
Pederson lost the locker room. He had already lost Wentz (for better or worse). Some scoff at the “integrity of the game” angle, but I’ll bet it was a factor.

And then there’s the easily measurable stuff - 13-3 and SB champs in 2017 ... 9-7 and second round loss in 2018 ... 9-7 and first round loss in 2019 ... 4-11-1 embarrassment in 2020.

That’s not exactly a wonderful trend.

Where does it say he lost the locker room? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1448 on: January 11, 2021, 05:25:27 PM »

Sometimes you have to accept the obvious.

Pulling Hurts, who may be the QB of the future (I'm not sold on that) to put in a guy who had no chance, didn't sit well with both offensive and defensive players who had played their hearts out.

A whole different story than when Nagy benched Trubisky and then benched Foles. Then it was obvious he did it for their exact opposite reason as Peterson. Nagy could still get fired (I doubt it), but it would strictly be based on the team's ineptitude and how they are at least as far from overtaking GB as they were 3 years ago.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1449 on: January 11, 2021, 06:37:49 PM »

The players wrote a letter...