[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 246790 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #850 on: December 06, 2020, 09:08:31 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/1335768585101144064

I believe this was not called a catch and not challenged.

You are correct. Apparently Hill thought it hit the ground. KC punted before anyone saw the replay. I don’t recall ever seeing that happen.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #851 on: December 06, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »
Who is going to be the top head coaching candidate this year? Eric Bienemy? Just have to know who to hope the NFC North teams don’t hire.

The Panthers' OC, Joe Brady (who was the architect of the LSU passing game in 2019), is supposedly a hot commodity. I don't really see it. It's his first season as full OC anywhere, and the Panthers' offense has only been decent. Plus, he's like 14 years old. But there have been reports that he could be 1-and-done from Carolina.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #852 on: December 06, 2020, 10:12:20 PM »
I think the MVP race is going to end up being a popularity contest this year. Mahoney and Rodgers are equally deserving.

My guess is that (if nothing changes) Rodgers will win it because voters will figure Mahomes is going to have many more chances to win another one.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 10:47:02 PM by Jockey »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #853 on: December 06, 2020, 10:26:48 PM »
I know the Chiefs won, but that was an old school Andy Reid special. Terrible red zone play calling, poor clock management. Talent won out, but yuck.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #854 on: December 06, 2020, 10:26:58 PM »
Mahoney?

The guy who lived on my floor at McCormick? He played next to me on the offensive line for our dorm-championship touch football team, but I didn't know he was an MVP candidate!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #855 on: December 06, 2020, 10:40:19 PM »
I know the Chiefs won, but that was an old school Andy Reid special. Terrible red zone play calling, poor clock management. Talent won out, but yuck.

Was stunned the Broncos, down by 3 pts, didn't go for it on 4th-and-3 at midfield with about 6 minutes to go. They're 4-7, going nowhere, and they have a chance to upset probably the best team in the NFL.

What the eff does a punt get you -- other than a solid chance of never getting to touch the football again? Denver did get it back, but only had about a minute to get a TD, which they had no chance of doing.

Stoopid.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #856 on: December 06, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »
Mahoney?

The guy who lived on my floor at McCormick? He played next to me on the offensive line for our dorm-championship touch football team, but I didn't know he was an MVP candidate!

Spell checker ::)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #857 on: December 06, 2020, 11:13:27 PM »
Spell checker ::)

Yeah, I know ... but had to have a little fun.

And I really did play next to a guy named Mahoney on our dorm team our freshman year. Won the dorm title but suffered a devastating, last-second loss to the frat champs for the all-university championship.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #858 on: December 06, 2020, 11:29:39 PM »

It sounds cliche, but it really feels like there are games that the Chiefs know they will win and they just mess around out of boredom. We’ve all seen the clinical precision of the Chiefs offense, but they did so much dumb, gimmick for gimmick’s sake stuff in the Red Zone, it seemed more like purposeful nonsense than some amazing Broncos effort.

That doesn’t explain the clock management, but it does explain the play calling. We’ve seen the Chiefs and Mahomes get countered and frustrated, that didn’t look like this. It reminded me off the game early in the season where Reid just ran 90% of the time to get CEH action cause he knew they would win and who cares, this was more important than balanced offense.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #859 on: December 07, 2020, 07:40:07 AM »
Mitch ain't it but to put the loss on him is ludicrous.  PLENTY of blame to go around. 

The play call was dumb.

But Mitch deserves a ton of blame there. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #860 on: December 07, 2020, 07:55:05 AM »
Who is going to be the top head coaching candidate this year? Eric Bienemy? Just have to know who to hope the NFC North teams don’t hire.

As far as "retreads," I think Jason Garrett and Leslie Frazier are going to get some looks.  Maybe Dennis Allen too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #861 on: December 07, 2020, 09:01:55 AM »

I'd be surprised if Bienemy isn't already Detroit's guy, though perhaps he'll have better options.
I see MU82 mentioned Brady, but I think his age and lack of NFL experience will keep that happening for at least another year.
Giants DC Patrick Graham could be a hot name if his defense continues to play as it has.
Saints OC Pete Carmichael might get his arguably overdue chance.
Bills OC Brian Daboll should also get some looks. Has a recent track record developing QBs and might be a good fit for the Jets or any other team taking a QB in the first.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #862 on: December 07, 2020, 09:57:27 AM »
I guess Harbaugh could be an option out there. Would he go to another college job after Michigan or get back in the NFL?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #863 on: December 07, 2020, 10:07:01 AM »

The play call was dumb.

But Mitch deserves a ton of blame there.

On that play, sure.  I'm just saying there are a variety of other reasons the Bears lost that game.  It wasn't just that play. 

As it has been stated, in the long run it was probably best for the franchise.  The problem is you can't really have confidence the Bears will make the right hires if Ted Phillips is still in charge.  The Bears need a structure similar to the Cubs where they split business and player operations. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #864 on: December 07, 2020, 10:12:44 AM »
Gregg Williams fired by the Jets for the best reason ever.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:19:04 AM by Pakuni »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #865 on: December 07, 2020, 10:23:55 AM »

Gotta think his NFL career is finally, mercifully, over. Between Saints-gate, throwing Gase under the bus earlier this year, and now this little stunt, he's not remotely worth the trouble.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #866 on: December 07, 2020, 10:53:31 AM »
I guess Harbaugh could be an option out there. Would he go to another college job after Michigan or get back in the NFL?

It’s NFL or bust
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #867 on: December 07, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »
Gotta think his NFL career is finally, mercifully, over. Between Saints-gate, throwing Gase under the bus earlier this year, and now this little stunt, he's not remotely worth the trouble.

To be fair, I think going out on an all out blitz, zero coverage call on a hail mary is exactly how he would have wanted it to end.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #868 on: December 07, 2020, 11:18:20 AM »

To be fair, I think going out on an all out blitz, zero coverage call on a hail mary is exactly how he would have wanted it to end.

He probably did the Jets a favor.  Win 1 game and they likely lose the top pick to Jacksonville.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #869 on: December 07, 2020, 12:07:11 PM »

Unless he really loves the college scene -- and it's hard to imagine why he would -- he certainly should go back to the NFL, where he had a high level of success, and where he won't have to lie to 18-year-old's mothers (thanks to K.O. for that latter reference).

He probably did the Jets a favor.  Win 1 game and they likely lose the top pick to Jacksonville.

Yep yep.

The problem is you can't really have confidence the Bears will make the right hires if Ted Phillips is still in charge.

I was surprised to read a few days ago that he was still in charge. I haven't followed the Bears closely since I left Chicago in 2010, and I thought that by now he certainly must have been dumped.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #870 on: December 07, 2020, 01:38:31 PM »

Williams dialed up an all-out blitz. He left rookie corners Lamar Jackson (undrafted) and Bryce Hall (fifth round) in man coverage while safety Marcus Maye picked up wideout Hunter Renfrow.

According to the NFL’s NextGen Stats, the Jets are the only team to send eight or more pass rushers on a play in the last 30 seconds of a game this season. According to ESPN Stats, the Jets are the only team to rush six-plus in that situation (252 other times) in the last 15 years.

Yeah, I think the firing was appropriate.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #871 on: December 07, 2020, 02:00:22 PM »
Bears just plain suck.

Nagy was brought into to be an offensive genius. Some genius.

Is Mike Holmgren available????????

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #872 on: December 07, 2020, 02:09:54 PM »
So is "the Bears never fire a coach mid-season" considered a point of pride within the organization?  Because I don't think it's the honor that they think it is.

In reality, Pace and Nagy should be out right now.  Get a new GM on board ASAP so when the season ends, you can go through the hiring process for a new coach.  Waiting for it to end doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #873 on: December 07, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »
So is "the Bears never fire a coach mid-season" considered a point of pride within the organization?  Because I don't think it's the honor that they think it is.

In reality, Pace and Nagy should be out right now.  Get a new GM on board ASAP so when the season ends, you can go through the hiring process for a new coach.  Waiting for it to end doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

It’s because it’s the way they’ve always done things, and there’s no strong voice in the room to change it.

Their mentality towards everything they do will never change as long as the family owns the team.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #874 on: December 07, 2020, 03:00:34 PM »
Dan Wetzel pimping Pat Fitzgerald for the Bears job.
That would be a mistake for both sides, IMO.

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-solution-to-the-bears-sloppiness-is-already-in-chicago-but-would-pat-fitzgerald-want-the-job-235117877.html

feedback