[Today at 06:05:33 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 245521 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2020, 08:31:21 AM »
I know, but that same weak argument was made all of last year. At what point do you say, Yeah they are a good team, without making excuses.  BTW Packers margin of victory highest in the NFL. So its not only that they are winning, but how they are winning and the improvement in Rodgers and the offense.

And Rogers dumped dat broad finely, eh?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2020, 08:32:01 AM »
I know, but that same weak argument was made all of last year. At what point do you say, Yeah they are a good team, without making excuses.  BTW Packers margin of victory highest in the NFL. So its not only that they are winning, but how they are winning and the improvement in Rodgers and the offense.

I don't really get hung up on this stuff after four games regardless.  The Packers are good.  Is this season going to be "special?"  We will see.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2020, 08:42:15 AM »
2.  Matt Ryan is still good, but his arm looks like it's lost a lot.
Agree, most of his throws looked like floaters. I also thought his decision making was poor at times. Definitely on the downside of his career IMO.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2020, 08:46:29 AM »
Wait, is this a joke? I have been waiting for this post. 17-3 in regular season games 18-4 overall is not because of poor competition. They still have to win those games.
So Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, and NO are NOT collectively awful? Outside of playing each other they have a collective 2 wins, one of which was against the 0-4 Texans.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2020, 08:56:05 AM »
That throw to Ridley that Amos broke up in the end zone at the end really highlights how good Rodgers is. Ryan was on the move to his right and got nothing on the throw. Rodgers would have had that in there for an easy touchdown. His arm strength is just ridiculous.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
That throw to Ridley that Amos broke up in the end zone at the end really highlights how good Rodgers is. Ryan was on the move to his right and got nothing on the throw. Rodgers would have had that in there for an easy touchdown. His arm strength is just ridiculous.
Rodgers can flick it 20-25 yards with his wrist alone, like a classic power hitter in baseball. Ryan, OTOH, appears to be trending towards end-stage Peyton Manning.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:32:17 AM by TSmith34 »

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2020, 09:27:29 AM »
And Rogers dumped dat broad finely, eh?
You get what you get when you date a Bear fan.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2020, 09:34:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure he means just this year.

Anyway, we will know after the break more about the Pack.  @Tampa, @Houston, v. Minnesota, @San Francisco.

A little bit more maybe...but probably not much, since the upcoming opponents look only marginally better than the first four.

Houston (0-4) is as bad as any team GB has played, and GB has already beaten MN (1-3). Tampa (3-1) has a decent record...but they lost to NO and their wins are against teams with a collective 4-8 record. SF (2-2) looks worse than Tampa, with losses to teams that are 3-4-1 (Philly?!?) and wins over the 0-8 Giants/Jets.

If the Packers lose more than 1 of those games, then yeah - we will have learned something. But if they go another 4-0 or 3-1, it'll just be more wins against so-so competition.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2020, 09:37:32 AM »
So Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, and NO are NOT collectively awful? Outside of playing each other they have a collective 2 wins, one of which was against the 0-4 Texans.
So the Packers dont have a 51 point margin of victory in those games.  Never mind, not worth arguing the point, Sultan is right only 4 games in. The eye test looks pretty good to me though

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2020, 10:55:00 AM »
Through a quarter of the season, the Pack is the best team in the NFC. Shouldn’t be too much angst out there. A lot can change over next 13 weeks, but if they stay healthy and with their favorable schedule, they should be a legit one seed.

It’s not the Packers fault that the North plays the bad AFC South or the mediocre NFC South. They’re taking care of business with little doubt.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »

That same "weak" argument was true last year. The packers were probably the weakest 13-3 team in 50 years. The barely squeeked by against very weak teams, usually with blown calls going their way. Then they got anhilated twice by San Francisco. Down 34 to 7 at the end of the 3rd in the nfc championship.

This year so far they are much better.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #261 on: October 06, 2020, 12:59:46 PM »
Agree, most of his throws looked like floaters. I also thought his decision making was poor at times. Definitely on the downside of his career IMO.

It’s like he knows his arm is bad too. The number of check downs he throws is insane. Plays clearly set up to take deep shots, and it’s not like Ridley or Julio can’t get open, and Ryan seems to set, second guess himself, and throw a dump off or short pass across the middle.

It also doesn’t help that Dan Quinn is a buffoon

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #262 on: October 06, 2020, 01:21:07 PM »
It’s like he knows his arm is bad too. The number of check downs he throws is insane. Plays clearly set up to take deep shots, and it’s not like Ridley or Julio can’t get open, and Ryan seems to set, second guess himself, and throw a dump off or short pass across the middle.

It also doesn’t help that Dan Quinn is a buffoon
Yeah, that is in part what I meant wrt decision making, and you are right it is probably sometimes due to failing arm strength. He was constantly checking down when ATL needed to rip off big chunks to have any chance.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2020, 01:39:33 PM »
On other thing.  The virtual fan noise is really starting to get annoying.  I've watched hundreds of games at Lambeau Field and the difference between what an actual crowd sounds like and the fake crowd is huge.  Just keep it silent.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2020, 02:20:27 PM »
Yeah, I think the virtual crowd noise is silly. It's rarely *actively* distracting, but it's never a benefit.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
On other thing.  The virtual fan noise is really starting to get annoying.  I've watched hundreds of games at Lambeau Field and the difference between what an actual crowd sounds like and the fake crowd is huge.  Just keep it silent.

Yep. Same with basketball, baseball, whatever. It's like the canned laughter of the old sitcoms.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2020, 03:41:52 PM »

I agree. Do the networks stick with it becuase they want to keep the low level on-field audio, and its the only way to drown out all the problems the censors would have? E.g. the NFL broadcasts want to keep enough of the on field audio to make out the QBs' hard count, the lines smacking against each other on the snap, that type of thing.  But even at that low level, without any other ambient noise, how much cussing would the mics also pick up?  Maybe they need some kind of crowd/white noise to both keep the same level of field audio and also stay on the FCC's good side?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #267 on: October 06, 2020, 04:41:03 PM »
Yeah, that is in part what I meant wrt decision making, and you are right it is probably sometimes due to failing arm strength. He was constantly checking down when ATL needed to rip off big chunks to have any chance.

Ryan is no quick thinking genius. He uses s hard count to get GB to jump offsides and then just slides for a 2 yard gain. There is never a reason not to throw downfield when that happens. What was even the purpose for Ryan’s hardcount?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2020, 08:52:45 AM »
Two more Titans players test positive, putting their second straight game in jeopardy, and another Patriots player tests positive so practice has been halted.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30060584/source-tennessee-titans-player-tests-positive-coronavirus

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30060441/source-new-england-patriots-stephon-gilmore-tests-positive-covid-19-no-practice-team

Where is the NFL on creating hotel bubbles?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #269 on: October 07, 2020, 02:14:45 PM »
Titans broke protocol and held practice.

Now have more positive tests.

How should they be punished?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »
Titans broke protocol and held practice.

Now have more positive tests.

How should they be punished?

Whenever either occurs: Individual(s) who break protocol should be suspended w/o pay. Team should forfeit games.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »

Whenever either occurs: Individual(s) who break protocol should be suspended w/o pay. Team should forfeit games.

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/titans-broke-protocols-gathered-for-a-workout-last-week

The Steelers should be awarded a forfeit for last week and the Bills for this week.  I would not say this if protocols were followed and someone simply happened to test positive.  That's going to happen.  But an egregious breaking of protocols should be punished in this manner.

And BTW, those players who were determined to have been close contacts with Cam Newton should not have been able to fly to KC.  Now NE is going to have a mess on their hands.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2020, 02:55:17 PM »

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/titans-broke-protocols-gathered-for-a-workout-last-week

The Steelers should be awarded a forfeit for last week and the Bills for this week.  I would not say this if protocols were followed and someone simply happened to test positive.  That's going to happen.  But an egregious breaking of protocols should be punished in this manner.

And BTW, those players who were determined to have been close contacts with Cam Newton should not have been able to fly to KC.  Now NE is going to have a mess on their hands.

I'm on board.  Unless the Packers do this.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2020, 05:35:11 PM »
I'm on board.  Unless the Packers do this.

Yeah normally I’d be with you on that. But with the skyrocketing rates in Wisconsin (and particularly the northeastern corner of the state), the Packers should be walking around in hazmat suits right now.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2020, 08:13:55 AM »

Yeah normally I’d be with you on that. But with the skyrocketing rates in Wisconsin (and particularly the northeastern corner of the state), the Packers should be walking around in hazmat suits right now.

I was just joking. :)