[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Pausing Tickets, Retaining Priority Points  (Read 3005 times)

jficke13

• All American
Pausing Tickets, Retaining Priority Points
« on: August 08, 2020, 12:05:55 PM »
(Personally, I think there's a 1% chance of a season and a .01% chance of fans in the stands, so this might be moot, but for the purposes of discussion let's assume the show is going on)

So here's the deal. My parents are in their 70s. They've held their season tickets forever and had their seats and the points associated with them passed along to them by my grandfather, who had tickets back into the 1960s. They, for obvious reasons, aren't willing to go to games during a pandemic, so want to be able to skip this year, but don't really want to bid farewell to over half a century's worth of priority point hoarding.

Anyone have any experience with getting the ticket office to basically allow a "Deferred" year or something to that effect?

goan

• Walk-On
Re: Pausing Tickets, Retaining Priority Points
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 12:15:58 PM »
Good question. I wish MU will allow season ticket holders to skip this year. I am a season ticket holder for over 30 years and over 70 years old.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »
Nothing is even close to being decided, so why worry about it now?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 12:27:55 PM »

What’s going to change between now and November to allow for fans in the stands?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »

Sounds like how our nation has handled this pandemic. That attitude has served us very well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 12:55:36 PM »
(Personally, I think there's a 1% chance of a season and a .01% chance of fans in the stands, so this might be moot, but for the purposes of discussion let's assume the show is going on)

So here's the deal. My parents are in their 70s. They've held their season tickets forever and had their seats and the points associated with them passed along to them by my grandfather, who had tickets back into the 1960s. They, for obvious reasons, aren't willing to go to games during a pandemic, so want to be able to skip this year, but don't really want to bid farewell to over half a century's worth of priority point hoarding.

Anyone have any experience with getting the ticket office to basically allow a "Deferred" year or something to that effect?

I want to say I saw somewhere where points were suspended for the year, but now I can’t find it. I plan on renewing and either donating or deferring to next year if/ when it’s cancelled.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 02:56:22 PM »
The season ticket mailings have gone out, and there is no mention of the ability to "defer" for a year.  I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask, but Marquette basketball is a business, and as such they are interested in selling tickets and getting donations. 

They are offering options if games "are canceled or postponed, due to circumstances beyond our control that prevents your ticket from being used" -

Donate the tickets (i.e. eat them and don't ask for a refund)
Apply a credit to 2021-22 tickets
Get a refund

There is no offer to refund or rollover mandatory (oops, "recommended") Blue & Gold seat donations, and if you give extra to the B&G Fund for game day privileges like parking and hospitality rooms, that money will not be refunded or rolled over, even if there are no games.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 03:07:47 PM »
This does not address the basic problem. Some long-time(which means old) ticket holders do not feel safe going to games.  I know that I will not be going tp games this year. The options are to give up my tickets, which go back to the 1955-56 season or buy one season ticket and make sure I donate at least $100 to Blue and Gold fund. That will keep my season ticket and donation string going.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 03:19:52 PM »
This does not address the basic problem. Some long-time(which means old) ticket holders do not feel safe going to games.  I know that I will not be going tp games this year. The options are to give up my tickets, which go back to the 1955-56 season or buy one season ticket and make sure I donate at least $100 to Blue and Gold fund. That will keep my season ticket and donation string going.

Agreed.  Maybe an option that would allow you to donate a certain amount to the B&G Fund (say $500) and defer buying tickets for this season.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »

Well, they are worrying about it now because they have gotten their seat selection information. So... I'm going to file your response in the "not particularly helpful" category.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2020, 05:10:59 PM »
[...]  I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask, but Marquette basketball is a business, and as such they are interested in selling tickets and getting donations. 
[...]

Yeah, my initial recomendation was to call in and just explain the situation (age, length of season ticket tenure) and see if there's an not-advertised back door.

Whether that's just we'll let you waive out of it or "give us an $X donation and you're good this year" or what, I don't know. I just kinda figured it couldn't hurt to see if the internet hive mind might have tried it and had any insights.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2020, 05:19:39 PM »
Can't you just buy the $125 season tickets to hold your spot on consecutive years?
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2020, 11:19:46 PM »
This is being handled terribly by Marquette.

Here’s the easy solution ticket office:

1. Ask season ticket holders to make their seat donations by September 1st to keep their legacy points.
2. IF fans are allowed into the Fiserv, use those legacy rankings to offer seats.

There’s not going to be fans. The ticket office is pushing for deposits and payments. Let’s not be dense Marquette.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2020, 09:36:53 AM »
Agreed.  Maybe an option that would allow you to donate a certain amount to the B&G Fund (say $500) and defer buying tickets for this season.

This is on the "hidden menu" of ticket options.

But if you're planning on keeping them beyond this season, just renew one seat and apply it toward next season when games are inevitably cancelled or played behind closed doors.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »
Yeah, my initial recomendation was to call in and just explain the situation (age, length of season ticket tenure) and see if there's an not-advertised back door.

Whether that's just we'll let you waive out of it or "give us an $X donation and you're good this year" or what, I don't know. I just kinda figured it couldn't hurt to see if the internet hive mind might have tried it and had any insights.

J, check your inbox.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 10:03:47 AM »

Follow what is going on. Live Nation, the country's largest concert promoter, is not scheduling any indoor concert events until spring 2021 at the earliest. Watch for CFB to slide to spring season.
CBB has almost no shot to happen in the fall.