collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 College Football Thread  (Read 90217 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 2020-21 College Football Thread
« Reply #350 on: November 08, 2020, 07:30:48 AM »
That game was an advertisement for why the NFL review system is better. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #351 on: November 08, 2020, 08:08:34 AM »
For all the talk about how long it takes to play the last couple minutes of a basketball game ... it took FOREVER to play the last couple mins and OT of this game.

College football games are too long because of TV mostly, but the reviews don’t help.  Attending a game is a four commitment at a minimum
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #352 on: November 08, 2020, 08:10:10 AM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #353 on: November 08, 2020, 09:23:06 AM »
I find it interesting that we are discussing whether the coach at Falwell U is 'too dirty' to coach in the ACC or SEC.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #354 on: November 08, 2020, 11:45:13 AM »
I find it interesting that we are discussing whether the coach at Falwell U is 'too dirty' to coach in the ACC or SEC.

Look at who his AD is. But yeah, he’ll be in the SEC next year. Royce Waltman’s statement will never be untrue:

http://blogs.pjstar.com/wessler/2007/03/02/royce-waltman-fired-now-that-was-how-to-do-a-news-conference/

“I can’t get a head coaching job. … If you get fired for cheating, you can get hired right back again. If you get fired for losing, it’s like you’ve got leprosy, so young coaches need to bear that in mind. Cheating and not graduating players will not get you in trouble, but that damn losing.

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #355 on: November 08, 2020, 12:10:24 PM »
Is Harbaugh done?

I hope not ... I hate Michigan
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #356 on: November 08, 2020, 02:14:30 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if the super spreader event in South Bend last night after the game rendered the team unable to play any more games this season due to covid?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #357 on: November 08, 2020, 02:28:58 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if the super spreader event in South Bend last night after the game rendered the team unable to play any more games this season due to covid?

I was just staring at that in disbelief. Its not out of the question this happens.  I couldn't believe that the admin didn't take steps to prevent that yesterday.

And ND is lucky that they were playing a coach who has already staked out a position of not being particularly worried about covid.  Because if my players' seasons were being put in danger by all those kids pouring out of the stands before my team had a chance to leave the field, I would have been apoplectic.

• All American
« Reply #358 on: November 08, 2020, 02:44:04 PM »
Look at who his AD is. But yeah, he’ll be in the SEC next year. Royce Waltman’s statement will never be untrue:

http://blogs.pjstar.com/wessler/2007/03/02/royce-waltman-fired-now-that-was-how-to-do-a-news-conference/

“I can’t get a head coaching job. … If you get fired for cheating, you can get hired right back again. If you get fired for losing, it’s like you’ve got leprosy, so young coaches need to bear that in mind. Cheating and not graduating players will not get you in trouble, but that damn losing.

That’s because many fans don’t really care all that much about NCAA rules.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #359 on: November 08, 2020, 05:16:45 PM »
That’s because many fans don’t really care all that much about NCAA rules.

I was thinking more about AD’s and college presidents. The ones making the decisions
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

• All American
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2020, 06:03:30 PM »
I was thinking more about AD’s and college presidents. The ones making the decisions

How many fans of South Carolina would be upset if they dump Muschamp for Freeze because he cheated at Ole Miss?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2020, 06:15:28 PM »
How many fans of South Carolina would be upset if they dump Muschamp for Freeze because he cheated at Ole Miss?

Very few

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #362 on: November 08, 2020, 08:51:09 PM »

Approximately zero if he does what he does. He’s a skeevy dude, but he’s a fantastic football coach who has won everywhere he’s ever been. He’d be great there and they’d revere him

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #363 on: November 09, 2020, 01:58:34 AM »
I was just staring at that in disbelief. Its not out of the question this happens.  I couldn't believe that the admin didn't take steps to prevent that yesterday.

And ND is lucky that they were playing a coach who has already staked out a position of not being particularly worried about covid.  Because if my players' seasons were being put in danger by all those kids pouring out of the stands before my team had a chance to leave the field, I would have been apoplectic.

Did you think the same thing about the Biden celebrations earlier that day?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #364 on: November 09, 2020, 07:09:01 AM »
Do as I say, not as I do.

Perhaps it would have been wise to take personal responsibility first, at the beginning of this letter before speaking to students:

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #365 on: November 09, 2020, 07:20:24 AM »
Do as I say, not as I do.

Perhaps it would have been wise to take personal responsibility first, at the beginning of this letter before speaking to students:

Football wins are more important than the lives of (non athlete) students there. They’ve shown it on more than one occasion.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2020, 07:37:22 AM »
I really don't think everyone rushing the field was that big of a deal Covid wise.  I think what those students did afterwards could be a problem.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2020, 08:45:02 AM »
Did you think the same thing about the Biden celebrations earlier that day?

Did I think many of those celebrations were unwise? Hell yeah I did. But the people that partook in those made that choice independently.

But that is very different from a visiting team putting their season and their safety in the hands of the home team's administration and then having that administration permit thousands of unauthorized students to rush the field two days after a spike warning.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:50:10 AM by MUBurrow »

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #368 on: November 09, 2020, 10:34:17 AM »
nope, was just asking ... and I cannot disagree with your comments.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #369 on: November 09, 2020, 10:49:32 AM »
god I'm a dick. I'm sorry.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #370 on: November 09, 2020, 10:17:15 PM »
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30286316/alabama-lsu-college-football-game-jeopardy-tigers-covid-19-tests

LSU's showdown against Alabama on Saturday is in jeopardy as the Tigers deal with multiple players in quarantine as a result of COVID-19 testing.

Multiple players, including starters, will be unavailable, coach Ed Orgeron said on Monday. Some have tested positive, while the majority are out as a result of contact tracing.

Testing has left the program thin at quarterback, and the number of quarantined players includes starters on offense, defense and special teams, a source told ESPN.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #371 on: November 09, 2020, 10:25:46 PM »
And the Auburn-Mississippi State game has been canceled because of an outbreak at MSU.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #372 on: November 10, 2020, 03:20:30 PM »
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30286316/alabama-lsu-college-football-game-jeopardy-tigers-covid-19-tests

LSU's showdown against Alabama on Saturday is in jeopardy as the Tigers deal with multiple players in quarantine as a result of COVID-19 testing.

Multiple players, including starters, will be unavailable, coach Ed Orgeron said on Monday. Some have tested positive, while the majority are out as a result of contact tracing.

Testing has left the program thin at quarterback, and the number of quarantined players includes starters on offense, defense and special teams, a source told ESPN.

Just canceled.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-vs-lsu-game-postponed-as-tigers-battle-through-covid-19-outbreak-within-program/

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2020, 12:18:08 PM »
Nick Saban when asked about players going home on the weekend:

"Everyone trusts their family. I trust my family. But no one knows where Uncle Tommy has been."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2020, 01:16:00 PM »
Nick Saban when asked about players going home on the weekend:

"Everyone trusts their family. I trust my family. But no one knows where Uncle Tommy has been."

Saban is spot on, and highlights how gatherings with 'trusted' friends or family members can become superspreader events. It sucks, but the best strategies in this pandemic remain (1) wearing a mask every time you're in a public place, and (2) keeping your 'trusted' circle small.

feedback