[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 College Football Thread  (Read 90066 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2020-21 College Football Thread
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2020, 11:59:51 AM »
Because the BIG 10 started late, there are no bye weeks or room in the schedule to move games around, so I think the UW game is straight cancelled and not postponed.

That is correct
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2020, 02:02:51 PM »
Given that the B10 rule is that you have to sit for 21 days after testing positive, doesn't that mean the rodents' next three games are likely to be canceled? Or did they have a whole bunch of positives from earlier that didn't play against Illinois?

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2020, 04:05:28 AM »
12 Bucky players tested positive, including head coach Paul Chyrst.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2020, 05:34:35 PM »
B1G said no to Nebraska to play UTC on Saturday.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30216947/sources-big-ten-nixes-nebraska-cornhuskers-replacement-game-vs-chattanooga-mocs

I have no sympathy for Nebraska.  They chased the Big Ten dollars.  The reality of college football is the majority of top notch recruits play and live in the south.  There are very good kids and top ranked kids in the rust belt every year but this isn’t 1975 anymore.  Kids ain’t leaving Texas to play for Nebraska anymore. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2020, 06:27:38 PM »
I have no sympathy for Nebraska.  They chased the Big Ten dollars.  The reality of college football is the majority of top notch recruits play and live in the south.  There are very good kids and top ranked kids in the rust belt every year but this isn’t 1975 anymore.  Kids ain’t leaving Texas to play for Nebraska anymore.

Every college program is chasing the money.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2020, 06:32:14 PM »
Given that the B10 rule is that you have to sit for 21 days after testing positive, doesn't that mean the rodents' next three games are likely to be canceled? Or did they have a whole bunch of positives from earlier that didn't play against Illinois?

The whole team will be tested, probably daily. If they have enough players negative (I think 53) to go next week they will. But, the have to go with their QB4 since 1 is injured and 2 and 3 have to sit 21 days.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #282 on: October 29, 2020, 07:32:48 PM »
@MikeGarafolo: #Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence has tested positive for COVID-19, sources tell me and @RapSheet. The No. 1-ranked Tigers are slated to face #BostonCollege Saturday.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2020, 07:48:45 PM »
@MikeGarafolo: #Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence has tested positive for COVID-19, sources tell me and @RapSheet. The No. 1-ranked Tigers are slated to face #BostonCollege Saturday.

Notre Dame next week

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2020, 07:51:58 PM »

in the same way that Nick Saban had multiple negative tests before Alabama's game, he will be magically cured shortly.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2020, 07:59:19 PM »
in the same way that Nick Saban had multiple negative tests before Alabama's game, he will be magically cured shortly.

It probably depends on whether ACC rules are the same as they are in the SEC…but it would not surprise me.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2020, 08:05:36 PM »

It probably depends on whether ACC rules are the same as they are in the SEC…but it would not surprise me.

Dabo Swinney came out and said Lawrence is out this week and the QB gave the school the ok to announce his diagnosis.  Says he has mild symptoms, so this one looks legit

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #287 on: October 29, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »

So are you claiming that he faked his negative tests?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #288 on: October 29, 2020, 08:27:16 PM »
Dabo Swinney came out and said Lawrence is out this week and the QB gave the school the ok to announce his diagnosis.  Says he has mild symptoms, so this one looks legit

Hope his symptoms stay mild.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #289 on: October 29, 2020, 09:03:05 PM »
Sounds like Lawrence could be available against Notre Dame.

@AdamSchefter: Trevor Lawrence’s COVID test was taken Wednesday and that counts as day one in his 10-day countdown to be eligible to play next Saturday against Notre Dame, per source. It’s possible he had symptoms earlier, which could even push up his eligibility to play if he tests negative. https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1321978308234481664

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2020, 07:13:32 AM »
Rumors swirling in Champaign that the Illini football team had a few positive tests yesterday after being clean all week.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2020, 10:29:43 AM »
Rumors swirling in Champaign that the Illini football team had a few positive tests yesterday after being clean all week.

I'm guessing the badgers had some positives infected players last weekend and still played.

• All American
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2020, 10:43:52 AM »

I have a couple of Nebraska fans who were jazzed when they joined the Big Ten.  But now they think it's just a bad cultural fit, and if money weren't an issue, they should go back to the B12.

I also have a couple friends from Texas who think that the B12 is a bad fit for the University of Texas, and that many of the better high school players in Texas don't hold allegiance to UT and would rather play in the B10 or SEC. 

The grass isn't always greener.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2020, 11:26:11 AM »

I have a couple of Nebraska fans who were jazzed when they joined the Big Ten.  But now they think it's just a bad cultural fit, and if money weren't an issue, they should go back to the B12.

I also have a couple friends from Texas who think that the B12 is a bad fit for the University of Texas, and that many of the better high school players in Texas don't hold allegiance to UT and would rather play in the B10 or SEC. 

I will not be shocked if Texas is in the Big Ten someday

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2020, 11:42:02 AM »
I will not be shocked if Texas is in the Big Ten someday

I would be. It's been allowed to make the Big 12 its personal fiefdom, with their own TV network and everything. And that's allowed them to bring in more revenue than any other NCAA athletic department, despite middling on-field results.
Can't see why they'd give that up to become just another school in the Big 10.

On the other hand, Nebraska returning to the Big 12 seems inevitable. Maybe they can pull a Nebraska-for-West Virginia swap.

• All American
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2020, 11:47:09 AM »
I would be. It's been allowed to make the Big 12 its personal fiefdom, with their own TV network and everything. And that's allowed them to bring in more revenue than any other NCAA athletic department, despite middling on-field results.

On the other hand, Nebraska returning to the Big 12 seems inevitable. Maybe they can pull a Nebraska-for-West Virginia swap.

Texas would likely make just as much in the B10.  If this is accurate, they only make a little more than A&M and Ohio State, which leads me to believe that much of their revenue isn't from media rights, but other sources.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-revenue-producers-USA-Today-Texas-Longhorns-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-149248012/#149248012_10

But my guess is they won't be joining the B10 anytime soon.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2020, 12:00:03 PM »

The Big Ten would never accept West Virginia as a member.  If two institutions were meant for one another, it’s Texas and the Big Ten.  Joking aside, the tires have been kicked on that possibility.  As mentioned elsewhere, the money is about the same and the Texas “footprint” would increase.  It’s all nonsensical to me but that’s how they think

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #297 on: October 30, 2020, 12:33:01 PM »

Texas' personal fiefdom is one of the reasons why Texas A&M and Mizzou left the Big 12.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #298 on: October 30, 2020, 12:57:50 PM »

Nebraska would be a great fit if they didn't suck.  If they were winning B1G championships or even being competitive, their fans would be singing a different tune.  A lot of their fan base is delusional and thinks the days of Tom Osborne are returning.  They've been largely irrelevant for over 20 years.

• All American
« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2020, 01:02:51 PM »
Nebraska would be a great fit if they didn't suck.  If they were winning B1G championships or even being competitive, their fans would be singing a different tune.  A lot of their fan base is delusional and thinks the days of Tom Osborne are returning.  They've been largely irrelevant for over 20 years.

They suggest the reason they suck is that they no longer have a recruiting base to turn to.  That a lot of their more recent (admittedly non-Osbornian) success in the late 2010s was due to players from Texas.  Now they aren't landing those guys.

Honestly if Frost can't win there, I am not sure who can.