[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BLM/White Privilege/etc  (Read 13135 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
BLM/White Privilege/etc
« on: June 28, 2020, 02:32:46 PM »
Well if you can’t see the difference between supporting a movement that is overtly and aggressively political and believing that “black people have the right to exist” any conversation would be pointless.

I'm sure it's easier to sleep at night by dismissing calls for equality and equity as a political ploy. The opponents of BLM politicize the movement specifically to turn 41% of the country against it & because this oppression works to their benefit. It's never been more crystal clear that this is not a political issue, it is a moral one.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
Re: BLM/White Privilege/etc
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 02:38:23 PM »
I'm sure it's easier to sleep at night by dismissing calls for equality and equity as a political ploy. The opponents of BLM politicize the movement specifically to turn 41% of the country against it & because this oppression works to their benefit. It's never been more crystal clear that this is not a political issue, it is a moral one.

There you go again.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 02:38:53 PM »
Open letter whining about political debate on Scoop devolves into a political debate on Scoop.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 02:42:53 PM »
This is the kind of agressive, insulting, hateful talk that is the problem.  It is uncivilized, angry, and politically immature.  Using "hard core", "brain disease", or name calling, and character assisination, is not advancing any discussion.  Emotions over intellect is the problem, not nonsecterian political dialog.   

It is more the tone of some postings that needs correcting.  I have no solution to the problem.  I find most posters to be very sincere and level headed, even those I disagree with on a particular topic. 

Then we have the zealots, I suppose they will always be with us.

Unfortunatly, some people are incapable of civil conversation, it is what it is.  Politics is a dirty business.

Agree.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 02:49:53 PM »
Says the guy who started an all caps off topic post earlier this week.

"Says the guy",  my point exactly, personal attack.

One could say that all caps. is in poor taste, against the style code, or otherwise objectionable or one could get the "guy" into it.

BTW I think the guy used caps. twice.

I'll have to check the NYTimes style book to refresh my memory.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  (Sarcasm, definitly uncivilized anger, sorry)

Oh, BTW, the guy used the caps. in the topic, he would never use caps. in a body, he does not yell. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 03:23:11 PM »
There is a world of difference between Black Lives Matter Inc. and Black Lives Matter. One is 100% racist and a militant
organization. The other is a basic, non-controversial, tenet of life, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 04:08:14 PM »
Herman is quite a character (wink wink).

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 04:08:31 PM »
BLM The organization=Communist Party=Funded by ACT Blue which is arm of Democrat Party

Sorry to burst your bubble Brew, but you are being hoodwinked. Classic subterfuge by the Alinsky led mob who wants to enslave the country and install a dictatorship . That is what communism is my friend.

Legitimate hard working people of color love America and everything it stands for.

Millions of People fought and died for the rights we have as free citizens.

Freedom>Slavery.

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 04:12:32 PM »
To the owner operators of MUSCOOP

We come to you as a group of 11 long time posters begging you to clean up this site.  MUSCOOP has become unreadable despite messages from us to stop the constant politics that your site says no politics are allowed.  Politics appear to be encouraged.  We do not pretend to suggest your job is easy, but the last few months and especially the last few weeks have been the worst we have seen here and it is still June.  What happens here in October and November?  The same posters continue to violate your terms and pollute this board with their politics.  If you want to talk about politics, go to a political website or be consistent and tell us this in now a political site because the pinned message that says THIS IS A POLITICAL FREE ZONE is false advertising. 

It is ultimately your call and your site, but you are in danger of losing some valuable Marquette fans if they have not already left.  Please, for the final time, clean this site up and back up your cloains of a political free zone.

Who we are:
Dentists, lawyers, teachers, business people, law enforcement, IT, retired
Over 50,000 posts and 60 combined years of membership at MUSCOOP
Democrat, Republican, Independent.  Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian
From all parts of the United States
Marquette basketball fans

We have chosen to use a VPN to make this comment for one reason.  The attacks from one poster to another here has notched up to an unprecedented level.  Personal attacks.  None of the 11 of deserve to be attacked personally for asking you to enforce what your stated POLITICS FREE ZONE, but we know we will because of the nature of the membership here.  If the politics continue, you will notice the drop off and we will slip off into the night quietly to another site, or even create one of our own.

Did you guys get the Hausers to help you with this "letter"?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 04:24:04 PM »

At least the Hausers signed their name.

Allegedly

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 05:00:03 PM »
This is the kind of agressive, insulting, hateful talk that is the problem.  It is uncivilized, angry, and politically immature.  Using "hard core", "brain disease", or name calling, and character assisination, is not advancing any discussion.  Emotions over intellect is the problem, not nonsecterian political dialog.   

It is more the tone of some postings that needs correcting.  I have no solution to the problem.  I find most posters to be very sincere and level headed, even those I disagree with on a particular topic. 

Unfortunatly, some people are incapable of civil conversation, it is what it is.  Politics is a dirty business.
Yep the truth sure does hurt.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
This post is so cute, I just want to reach out and pinch those "eleven" anonymous cheeks.

HOWEVER, it does raise a good issue, so we're going to enact two policy changes:
  • MUScoop will no longer force you to read all threads, so you can individually choose what topics interest you personally, and not click those you might find political.   This is a new concept on the internet, so it might take some practice. 

(If you accidentally click on a thread that does not interest you, fear not, there is a little "x" button on your browser tab that will close the window for you -- and we've made that a complimentary feature.)

• We are now making the "ignore user" function part of the basic subscription package.

In all seriousness, we do our best.  COVID and the recent civil unrest has made us let more political speech go unchecked -- that being said, we've also handed out several vacations to the most reported authors.

TL;DR:  Life is suffering.  Eat Arby's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 05:19:39 PM »
Thank you, and all of the moderators, for all that you do.  Thank you for providing this scoop space.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 05:23:28 PM »

Your post is as untrue as it is insulting.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 05:26:21 PM »
This post is so cute, I just want to reach out and pinch those "eleven" anonymous cheeks.

HOWEVER, it does raise a good issue, so we're going to enact two policy changes:
  • MUScoop will no longer force you to read all threads, so you can individually choose what topics interest you personally, and not click those you might find political.   This is a new concept on the internet, so it might take some practice. 

(If you accidentally click on a thread that does not interest you, fear not, there is a little "x" button on your browser tab that will close the window for you -- and we've made that a complimentary feature.)

• We are now making the "ignore user" function part of the basic subscription package.

In all seriousness, we do our best.  COVID and the recent civil unrest has made us let more political speech go unchecked -- that being said, we've also handed out several vacations to the most reported authors.

TL;DR:  Life is suffering.  Eat Arby's.

This response clearly shows that the mods are part of the deep state. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 05:26:43 PM »
  "Dentists, lawyers, teachers, business people, law enforcement, IT, retired
Over 50,000 posts and 60 combined years of membership at MUSCOOP
Democrat, Republican, Independent.  Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian
From all parts of the United States
Marquette basketball fans

just back from a great day on the golf course and not sure who the other dentists are, but rest assured that it wasn't doc or i.  besides, his/her grammar was too good for mine and i can't get my cap key to work that well  8-)

loved toppers response-game on!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 05:33:40 PM »
There is a world of difference between Black Lives Matter Inc. and Black Lives Matter. One is 100% racist and a militant
organization. The other is a basic, non-controversial, tenet of life, aina?

Precisely. The slogan is essential and true. Whether people like it or not, the organization and its leaders are militant Marxists. The head of the NY chapter was interviewed the other day - “If we don’t get what we want we’re gonna burn the system down!”. According to Brew, one has to support this sh!t to sleep well at night. Only a racist would disagree. Not political in the least. In what universe?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 05:38:05 PM »
Open letter whining about political debate on Scoop devolves into a political debate on Scoop.

What could be more perfect?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 05:49:05 PM »

He is not wrong tho, wont help the civility of the board but absolutely dead on. The failures of our major cities rests entirely in the hands of people that think that what they are doing will actually work if people keep putting them back in office.  How “woke” is that?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2020, 05:49:36 PM »
Precisely. The slogan is essential and true. Whether people like it or not, the organization and its leaders are militant Marxists. The head of the NY chapter was interviewed the other day - “If we don’t get what we want we’re gonna burn the system down!”. According to Brew, one has to support this sh!t to sleep well at night. Only a racist would disagree. Not political in the least. In what universe?

Because they say they'll burn the system down if racism against black people doesn't change in this country, they are "100% racist and a militant organization?"  I'm thinking part of the problem is neither of you know what "racism/racist" is.

Also, it's as if you didn't listen to the rest of the interview.  The guy literally answered your concern.  Why the violence and looting? “Wow, it’s interesting that you would pose that question like that, because this country is built upon violence. What was the American Revolution? What’s our diplomacy across the globe? We go in and we blow up countries and we replace their leaders with leaders who we like. So for any American to accuse us of being violent is extremely hypocritical."

It's the foundation of this country.  The white man comes in and overthrows the people living on the land, forces them into only certain areas in the country.

When the white man is using violence to better his position in the world it's no problem at all, just being a world leader.  When the black man uses violence because his peaceful protests are not being heard to end racism and oppression within his own country, it's something the white man cannot get behind.

Sorry your life might be inconvenienced by some honking horns outside your suburban house over the next couple of months.  Now imagine being a black man who can't drive in these suburban areas without being pulled over by police for nothing other than your skin color.  Then you'll know "inconvenience."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 05:51:31 PM by WithoutBias »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2020, 06:04:08 PM »
Because they say they'll burn the system down if racism against black people doesn't change in this country, they are "100% racist and a militant organization?"  I'm thinking part of the problem is neither of you know what "racism/racist" is.

Also, it's as if you didn't listen to the rest of the interview.  The guy literally answered your concern.  Why the violence and looting? “Wow, it’s interesting that you would pose that question like that, because this country is built upon violence. What was the American Revolution? What’s our diplomacy across the globe? We go in and we blow up countries and we replace their leaders with leaders who we like. So for any American to accuse us of being violent is extremely hypocritical."

It's the foundation of this country.  The white man comes in and overthrows the people living on the land, forces them into only certain areas in the country.

When the white man is using violence to better his position in the world it's no problem at all, just being a world leader.  When the black man uses violence because his peaceful protests are not being heard to end racism and oppression within his own country, it's something the white man cannot get behind.

Bias

If you think a Marxist revolution, violent or otherwise, will best serve justice and the black population in this country then by all means get out there and support it.

At least you understand that it’s political.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2020, 06:17:04 PM »

The difference between BLM, Inc and BLM the movement has been explained to you over and over again. So please stop being ignorant.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2020, 06:22:28 PM »
I am late to this, sorry. The OP strikes me as odd...in its method of publication and delivery.

Why so public?

Why wouldnt the group ID themselves by actual screen names , assemble their joint letter complete with stats, professions and personal importance, jointly sign the demand letter and send it as a PM to each of the mods. Wouldnt that have the same desired effect of letting them know? Or was there more to it..... 

Why so public?

Did you want to call out the mods before the others?...that is not nice,.... esp when your letter was anonymous ...exactly to protect the authors from return fire. Like an anonymous drone strike...purposefully protecting yourselves but threatening/damaging to others.

Alternatively, did you want to simply publish this as ...ostensibly to mods .....but actually and passively directed to the posters who apparently frustrate you ? Was this....Kind of a Howard Beale shout of ""I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" If it was actually that, then.... Please direct it to that frustrating group....the mods are in the middle.

IMHO you wouldve gotten the same job done with a less adversarial joint signed PM to the mods

Seeing the mods recent calm and reasoned response here proves them as usual ....as the adults in the room. I thank them sincerely
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 06:33:52 PM »

Was just going to ask if they consulted on it.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 06:45:02 PM »
He is not wrong tho, wont help the civility of the board but absolutely dead on. The failures of our major cities rests entirely in the hands of people that think that what they are doing will actually work if people keep putting them back in office.  How “woke” is that?

+1000

feedback