collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cameo  (Read 1375 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Cameo
« on: June 26, 2020, 03:10:54 PM »
I know JayBee would mention he used Cameo a lot, has anyone else used it? Anyone with hot takes on it as a whole?

I both love the idea of it, and at the same time think it's a waste of money. I've looked at it often, and my brother was turning 40 this month, so I paid $20 for a Dan Bernstein cameo. Dan did a really good job, it felt authentic, and my brother said he really appreciated it (if you knew my brother, he's a grump, so I was happy he was happy).

I find it very entertaining to see what celebrities price themselves at. The celeb keeps 75% of the rate and Cameo keeps the other 25%. Some prices for the particular celebrity are beyond absurd. As an example, Ben Gordon is $800.

I like that the app lets you watch videos that have been made. There was a Victoria's Secret model that was around $150 - $200, and her videos were maybe 5 seconds each, same script each time. Chevy Chase is $600, and you can tell he's reading the off camera notes each time. On the flip side, Charlie Sheen seems to do great one's.

Overall, I like the idea, I think for people who are tough to buy gifts for, it's a cool idea. I think there's a sweet spot of a price (under $100 to me) that if I were a celebrity, I'd go with. As an example, Kyle Schwarber is on there at $210, but you could get Andre Dawson for $75 instead.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Cameo
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »
I know JayBee would mention he used Cameo a lot, has anyone else used it? Anyone with hot takes on it as a whole?

I both love the idea of it, and at the same time think it's a waste of money. I've looked at it often, and my brother was turning 40 this month, so I paid $20 for a Dan Bernstein cameo. Dan did a really good job, it felt authentic, and my brother said he really appreciated it (if you knew my brother, he's a grump, so I was happy he was happy).

I find it very entertaining to see what celebrities price themselves at. The celeb keeps 75% of the rate and Cameo keeps the other 25%. Some prices for the particular celebrity are beyond absurd. As an example, Ben Gordon is $800.

I like that the app lets you watch videos that have been made. There was a Victoria's Secret model that was around $150 - $200, and her videos were maybe 5 seconds each, same script each time. Chevy Chase is $600, and you can tell he's reading the off camera notes each time. On the flip side, Charlie Sheen seems to do great one's.

Overall, I like the idea, I think for people who are tough to buy gifts for, it's a cool idea. I think there's a sweet spot of a price (under $100 to me) that if I were a celebrity, I'd go with. As an example, Kyle Schwarber is on there at $210, but you could get Andre Dawson for $75 instead.

My friend got his FIL one from Urban Meyer.  Looked pretty neat, especially if you're into that sort of thing.  It's sort of like getting a personalized autograph... but way cooler.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 03:27:37 PM »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 03:29:35 PM »
My friend got his FIL one from Urban Meyer.  Looked pretty neat, especially if you're into that sort of thing.  It's sort of like getting a personalized autograph... but way cooler.

Yeah, that's actually a really good way of describing it. I've started looking at it every few days to see who signs up, today I saw Larry Brown and Dikembe Mutombo are now both on there, and both reasonably priced.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 03:30:05 PM »
Got my boy a video to commemorate his 10th Anniversary of Sobriety. Recorded by his favorite adult film star, Veronica Avluv.

If you go to the Cameo site and punch in her name you’ll see the video. The company had asked if they could use it as a sample of what she does.

My buddy loves it.

Best $69 I ever spent. And no, that price is not a typo.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 03:46:47 PM »
Did one for a relative with Pat Connaughton that was pretty cool.

I assume JB just subscribes to Roger Stone over and over again

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 03:49:58 PM »
Some of the celebs do a great job of it. I think it’s a novel concept that people like and like you said, if you do a bit of research, you can get a solid one.  If you spend $800 on Ben Gordon I’d assume you’re a member of his crew that is money laundering. A price like that says “I really don’t want to do this but $600 will persuade me just enough”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 04:32:59 PM »
Got my boy a video to commemorate his 10th Anniversary of Sobriety. Recorded by his favorite adult film star, Veronica Avluv.

If you go to the Cameo site and punch in her name you’ll see the video. The company had asked if they could use it as a sample of what she does.

My buddy loves it.

Best $69 I ever spent. And no, that price is not a typo.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 05:27:29 PM »
Is Crean doing them?  I can envision a reasonable price point to have him sing Happy Birthday to some of his best fans on scoop. 
Ludum habemus.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 06:34:55 PM »
Is Crean doing them?  I can envision a reasonable price point to have him sing Happy Birthday to some of his best fans on scoop.

4ever needs one.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 07:03:32 PM »

It’s really funny you say this, I was driving home from Target a bit ago, and was thinking of MU related people that should be on there, and I thought Crean would get some interesting requests.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 08:43:46 PM »
We had Gilbert Gottfried roast one of our buddies and it was tremendous.