collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Georgia  (Read 21753 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Georgia
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2020, 10:20:54 AM »
Except that it verifys that it us you, that ur breathing, and not hacked or coerced. Smh
What a blind liberal lovefest, not here to say current systems dont have their issues, but to simply say make this change and everything will be great is par for the course.

I vote by mail. I have to sign it and the signature is matched to what is in file. I can track my ballot to make sure it’s delivered. Since 2000 we’ve had 22 documented cases of fraud.  In the March, in the midst of the pandemic, for a primary we had over 40% turnout. I got to vote at my office desk.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2020, 11:06:49 AM »
I get what you're saying about the fridge, but let's take it one step further and perhaps even more relevantly regarding the issue at hand ...

Many of us have online brokerage accounts with significant assets in them.

And yet, somehow, we are able to move those assets and do transactions worth thousands ... tens of thousands ... hundreds of thousands of dollars ... quickly, safely, securely and effectively.

Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab, etc, "know it is us" doing the transactions, and I am not aware of a single episode of one of these major brokerage houses being hacked or defrauded. Maybe there has been one, but I don't know of one.

Do what they do to secure the safety, security and efficiency of the voting process. I'm not a techie, but it has to be possible ... because they do it.

So stupid, u know elections are held by local election boards, that work a few days a year etc.?  And are not multi national multi billion dollar companies.  Additionally millions of people do not have internet etc.  Lastly, still ripe for fraud and coercion.  Not every problem is best fixed by billions of dollars and another federal agency and hundreds of thousands of employees.  Very simple minded.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2020, 11:13:01 AM »
So stupid, u know elections are held by local election boards, that work a few days a year etc.?  And are not multi national multi billion dollar companies.  Additionally millions of people do not have internet etc.  Lastly, still ripe for fraud and coercion.  Not every problem is best fixed by billions of dollars and another federal agency and hundreds of thousands of employees.  Very simple minded.
Right, because mail-in voting, which is already done, is just too hard to figure out. And secure online voting, employing security that tens of thousands of companies already require, is just too hard to figure out. Too hard, too hard.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2020, 11:32:15 AM »
Each county should just hire the company that did the Obamacare website, aina.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 11:36:13 AM »
This is easily solved.  Multi-factor authentication.  My company does it so I can log in to Outlook...I think the Federal Govt. can figure it out to allow people to vote.

Of course you are right. But getting it right is not the problem.

The problem is that it is an organized attempt to prevent people from voting.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »

At least use proper grammar in you crazed responses.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2020, 12:16:37 PM »

As usual, you are wrong, and you provide no legitimate reasons for your point of view.

And as usual, you start with an insult. Because that's how you roll.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2020, 12:56:15 PM »
Of course you are right. But getting it right is not the problem.

The problem is that it is an organized attempt to prevent people from voting.
Oh I am well aware.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2020, 01:12:14 PM »
Right, because mail-in voting, which is already done, is just too hard to figure out. And secure online voting, employing security that tens of thousands of companies already require, is just too hard to figure out. Too hard, too hard.

I oppose internet-based voting because even with multi-tiered security. Foreign actors will find a way to hack in, just look at North Korea and what they've been able to do by dedicating themselves to cyber warfare. Plus, you need a paper trail to prevent fraud. Mail-in is the way to go.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2020, 01:48:47 PM »
I oppose internet-based voting because even with multi-tiered security. Foreign actors will find a way to hack in, just look at North Korea and what they've been able to do by dedicating themselves to cyber warfare. Plus, you need a paper trail to prevent fraud. Mail-in is the way to go.

Foreign actors are currently able to hack into our voter machines. Does that bother you, too?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2020, 02:06:47 PM »

Why don’t they hack into Vanguard’s system so they can become trillionaires?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2020, 02:48:05 PM »
Each county should just hire the company that did the Obamacare website, aina.

Ah yes, the one that really bad roll out for about 4-5 months, that then got infinitely better and to this day helps get TENS OF MILLIONS affordable health care.  Oh gosh please, that would be horrible.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2020, 03:30:39 PM »
Ah yes, the one that really bad roll out for about 4-5 months, that then got infinitely better and to this day helps get TENS OF MILLIONS affordable health care.  Oh gosh please, that would be horrible.
Don't pick on him...he'll throw a fit and threaten to leave.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2020, 04:27:12 PM »
Foreign actors are currently able to hack into our voter machines. Does that bother you, too?

Two years ago a hacker at the big Las Vegas Tech Convention as a demonstration hacked into a voter database somewhere in like 10 minutes.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »
Two years ago a hacker at the big Las Vegas Tech Convention as a demonstration hacked into a voter database somewhere in like 10 minutes.
And Senator McTurtle has done everything in his power to block election security bills.  Wonder why?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/454742-mcconnell-blocks-two-election-security-bills
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/482569-senate-gop-blocks-three-election-security-bills
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2020, 06:31:56 PM »
Serious question... If mail-in or online voting is bad because of the chance of hack/fraud/whatever.. why do we let nearly every other bit of government and private business take place in those realms?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2020, 08:40:43 PM »
They'd bring back the poll tax if they thought they could get away with it.
I think abolishing the poll tax was a mistake. We should bring it back would be healthy for both sides of the political spectrum.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2020, 09:05:27 PM »
I think abolishing the poll tax was a mistake. We should bring it back would be healthy for both sides of the political spectrum.

uhhhh what, you can't be serious.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2020, 09:07:29 PM »

So you think poor people should have no right to vote.

You’re a real Amurican ?-(

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2020, 09:30:38 PM »

Your proposal, while a step in the right direction, doesn't go nearly far enough. Voting should be limited to white male land owners.  It is, after all, the way our Founding Fathers wanted it.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2020, 09:39:18 PM »
Two suggestions before this gets locked:
1.  If I can pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes through a secure IRS website, why can't I vote through a secure web site?
2.  let's tie the two together... everyone gets one vote for every dollar of taxes they pay. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2020, 09:44:02 PM »

Yes, it does. Which is why I support paper only.

Oh, and domestic actors can change vote totals with no paper trail.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2020, 10:05:32 PM »
Two suggestions before this gets locked:
1.  If I can pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes through a secure IRS website, why can't I vote through a secure web site?
2.  let's tie the two together... everyone gets one vote for every dollar of taxes they pay.

How many Americans have the internet?  How discriminitory,  thought the characters in this string were more woke than that.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2020, 10:13:00 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2020, 10:20:54 PM »
How many Americans have the internet?  How discriminitory,  thought the characters in this string were more woke than that.

Nobody is saying only allow online voting. Obviously, we need other forms of voting for those who don't have internet service or have some other situation that would prevent them from voting online.