[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Daniel
[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo's Instagram's Post  (Read 11573 times)

MUDPT

• All American

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Wojo's Instagram's Post
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2020, 07:25:38 PM »
Yes, because all JUCOs are the African American brothers and sisters Lovell is referring to.  ::)

This is exactly why we are where we are in our country today. I know you’re trying to be a funny guy. I know you think making jokes at the expense of a race isn’t anything to be taken seriously or something you’ll tell people you really believe. But if there’s not some kind of attitude there, why even think to say that?

We need to be better. Sad that the response to Lovell’s note (in a thread about Wojo’s words) are responded to by trying to be a funny guy as our country is literally burning in a race war.

First, you know zero, zip, nothing of my “attitudes”. I have three (3) African Americans in my family (in addition to a Mexican American, a Guatemalan and 2 Japanese Americans). All of us are heartbroken over what happened to Mr Floyd. You know what’s sad? People like you making sweeping judgments about others they know not at all over a something unimportant. That’s classic bigotry. Instead of self righteously knee jerking maybe try a little self reflection. Have a nice day.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2020, 07:42:20 PM »
First, you know zero, zip, nothing of my “attitudes”. I have three (3) African Americans in my family (in addition to a Mexican American, a Guatemalan and 2 Japanese Americans). All of us are heartbroken over what happened to Mr Floyd. You know what’s sad? People like you making sweeping judgments about others they know not at all over a something unimportant. That’s classic bigotry. Instead of self righteously knee jerking maybe try a little self reflection. Have a nice day.

Bigotry? You come on here, read a letter from the president of the university that says we need to stand with our African American brothers and sisters, and you have to be a funny guy and say “hey, at least we can take JUCOs again!” Who’s the bigot?

Get a freaking clue. This is EXACTLY why we’re where we are in the country. Why in the world, at a time like this, would that be funny? How tone deaf are you? Seriously. At a time like this you’re going to be the funny guy? You can’t just be like, “thank you for the great message?” You have to add in that shot?

I don’t care how many African Americans, Japanese, whatever people you know. That doesn’t make this type of crap okay. “Well hey, I get along with people of color in my life so I can make that kind of comment.”

Just ignorant.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 08:18:52 PM »
Bigotry? You come on here, read a letter from the president of the university that says we need to stand with our African American brothers and sisters, and you have to be a funny guy and say “hey, at least we can take JUCOs again!” Who’s the bigot?

Get a freaking clue. This is EXACTLY why we’re where we are in the country. Why in the world, at a time like this, would that be funny? How tone deaf are you? Seriously. At a time like this you’re going to be the funny guy? You can’t just be like, “thank you for the great message?” You have to add in that shot?

I don’t care how many African Americans, Japanese, whatever people you know. That doesn’t make this type of crap okay. “Well hey, I get along with people of color in my life so I can make that kind of comment.”

Just ignorant.

And what was my only comment on Dr Lovell’s other than a small joke (identified as a joke so there would be no misinterpretation)?

“Great sentiment that ALL people - at MU and everywhere else - should share”.

Please don’t be a total a$$hole and refer to my family as “people I know”. Perhaps that’s all your family means to you my family is more than that to me.

Humor sometimes helps in times of stress. We have a multi page thread here on “corona virus humor”. 104,000 have died in the USA of Covid - it’s no laughing matter. I’d venture to say that even you would say covid is more important, more serious, less joke worthy than a letter from the presidential of MU.

Look, I’m sorry I offended you. You (and me and everyone else) is stressed, heartbroken and angry over what happened in Minneapolis. If it helps you to be angry at me, too - fine. But that’s your problem and nobody else’s.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2020, 08:38:37 PM »
And what was my only comment on Dr Lovell’s other than a small joke (identified as a joke so there would be no misinterpretation)?

“Great sentiment that ALL people - at MU and everywhere else - should share”.

Please don’t be a total a$$hole and refer to my family as “people I know”. Perhaps that’s all your family means to you my family is more than that to me.

Humor sometimes helps in times of stress. We have a multi page thread here on “corona virus humor”. 104,000 have died in the USA of Covid - it’s no laughing matter. I’d venture to say that even you would say covid is more important, more serious, less joke worthy than a letter from the presidential of MU.

Look, I’m sorry I offended you. You (and me and everyone else) is stressed, heartbroken and angry over what happened in Minneapolis. If it helps you to be angry at me, too - fine. But that’s your problem and nobody else’s.

And therein lies the issue that explains everything. You seem to think this was a one time event. Just a Minneapolis issue. This is a nationwide issue. And has been for centuries.

Covid is an issue. Covid is also, by and large, not something in my control. I can do everything “right” to protect myself and others from Covid and I can still get it. I can control being insensitive about a race (or a culture, gender, sexuality, etc.).

You said something stupid, insensitive, and offensive about a race of people. And then instead of apologizing and taking it back you went with the “I know black people and I said it was a good letter so it’s okay.”

It’s not okay. It’s why our nation is literally burning.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 08:42:36 PM by WithoutBias »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 08:43:17 PM »
Gentlemen,  everyone's nerves are raw. We need to calm down.  A fairly new employee at my company made a derogatory remark about the protesters and he is black.  I had no idea how to respond.  He maybe right or wrong but I don't know how to respond. I just nodded and asked him about his day.

I guess my point is, not everyone see this and reacts the same way.  That doesn't make them bad.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 09:51:29 PM by WhiteTrash »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2020, 08:53:40 PM »
Gentlemen,  everyone's nerves are raw. We need to calm down.  A fairly new employee at my company made a derogatory remark about the protesters and he is black.  I had no idea how to respond.  He maybe right or wrong but I don't know how to respond. I just nodded and asked him about his day.

I guess my point is, not everyone see this and reacts the same way.  That doesn't make the bad.

I have nothing against anyone that posts here on a personal level. But we should be able to see by now that those types of “one liners” are incredibly damaging. Maybe it “used to be” okay. But it never should have. This country needs change. It’s time to speak up.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 09:23:59 PM »
And therein lies the issue that explains everything. You seem to think this was a one time event. Just a Minneapolis issue. This is a nationwide issue. And has been for centuries.

Covid is an issue. Covid is also, by and large, not something in my control. I can do everything “right” to protect myself and others from Covid and I can still get it. I can control being insensitive about a race (or a culture, gender, sexuality, etc.).

You said something stupid, insensitive, and offensive about a race of people. And then instead of apologizing and taking it back you went with the “I know black people and I said it was a good letter so it’s okay.”

I said NOTHING about a race of people. Perhaps you misunderstood. There has been a long standing debate on Scoop about Marquette’s mission. Some here (myself included) believed that when we were bringing in players from more disadvantaged backgrounds (which included JUCOS and post high school prep schools) that was a good thing which aligned with Marquette’s mission. Others felt that those kind of student athletes devalued their Marquette diploma. The board and Lovell seemed to agree with that. Moving up in the US News rankings seemed to some to be more important. Lovell sounded much more in favor of the disadvantaged in his note (as I am) so I joked that maybe he would open up to the recruitment of JUCOS again.

So you’re way off. You don’t know the history, you don’t know what my stance on that history has been. If you did you would be agreeing with me instead of calling me names.

And your stance that covid can be funny but race, gender and sexuality cannot is absurd. You’ve obviously never watched a sitcom, seen a comedian live or watched a comedy at a movie theater or on TV.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2020, 09:28:13 PM »
I said NOTHING about a race of people. Perhaps you misunderstood. There has been a long standing debate on Scoop about Marquette’s mission. Some here (myself included) believed that when we were bringing in players from more disadvantaged backgrounds (which included JUCOS and post high school prep schools) that was a good thing which aligned with Marquette’s mission. Others felt that those kind of student athletes devalued their Marquette diploma. The board and Lovell seemed to agree with that. Moving up in the US News rankings seemed to some to be more important. Lovell sounded much more in favor of the disadvantaged in his note (as I am) so I joked that maybe he would open up to the recruitment of JUCOS again.

So you’re way off. You don’t know the history, you don’t know what my stance on that history has been. If you did you would be agreeing with me instead of calling me names.

And your stance that covid can be funny but race, gender and sexuality cannot is absurd. You’ve obviously never watched a sitcom, seen a comedian live or watched a comedy at a movie theater or on TV.

Read the letter that you responded to about JUCOs. Lovell literally talks about race (standing with our African American brothers and sisters). That’s the letter you made the joke to.

Please point out where I called you a name of where I said covid was funny. I told you you were being inconsiderate and that we need to be better. You’re the one who took that and called me a bigot. I don’t know if you even know what that means honestly.

But I’m glad we have found our resident stand up comedian (sorry, is that name calling).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2020, 09:41:25 PM »
WaB, my friend, I am usually on your side. But you are way over the top here.

You might not have liked Lenny's attempt at levity, but it obviously was a joke, and it hurt nobody.

Please chill out. We All Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2020, 09:45:13 PM »
Anyhow, Wojo’s post was great.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
Anyhow, Wojo’s post was great.
Strange no one has commented on Theo's post with SY. Seems they were at the bridge where the truck almost ran over protesters.
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2020, 09:49:51 AM »
Strange no one has commented on Theo's post with SY. Seems they were at the bridge where the truck almost ran over protesters.

With Sacar.  But yes, scary stuff.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2020, 09:16:12 PM »

Our nation is burning for a number of reasons, including opportunistic people trying to cause disruption. I support the protesters and would participate in the cause they are advocating.  Destroying property, bashing old ladies is nothing but opportunism to sow chaos and division.  Social media makes that easier than ever.  This will be the new normal for decades to come, especially if the leaders reward this kind of behavior.  If destroying people and property = you get your way, then that becomes the default behavior.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2020, 09:27:28 PM »
Our nation is burning for a number of reasons, including opportunistic people trying to cause disruption. I support the protesters and would participate in the cause they are advocating.  Destroying property, bashing old ladies is nothing but opportunism to sow chaos and division.  Social media makes that easier than ever.  This will be the new normal for decades to come, especially if the leaders reward this kind of behavior.  If destroying people and property = you get your way, then that becomes the default behavior.

How about the president tear gassing protesters for a peaceful protesters for a photo op?

Both sides cheeks. Both sides.

https://twitter.com/JamesMartinSJ/status/1267630231055204355?s=20
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2020, 10:08:39 PM »
How about the president tear gassing protesters for a peaceful protesters for a photo op?

Both sides cheeks. Both sides.

https://twitter.com/JamesMartinSJ/status/1267630231055204355?s=20

That was absurd. He looked like such a clown. Sad.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »
Geez look at his hand. That thing is corpse white. I could see his left hand being pale, since it’s in a golf glove all day. The right hand?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2020, 11:50:28 PM »
Geez look at his hand. That thing is corpse white. I could see his left hand being pale, since it’s in a golf glove all day. The right hand?

Has to keep it wrapped most of the time. Hand bone spurs.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2020, 06:58:58 AM »
WTF???? New normal????  Destroying people and property....have you ever heard of slavery or read the history of how this country was taken from the Native Americans?  My lord...wake up. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2020, 07:22:02 AM »
WTF???? New normal????  Destroying people and property....have you ever heard of slavery or read the history of how this country was taken from the Native Americans?  My lord...wake up.

He thinks the problem is on “both sides.” Like everything else.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »
He thinks the problem is on “both sides.” Like everything else.
Popovich getting it right...https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popovich-unleashes-fiery-statement-on-trump-what-we-have-is-a-fool-in-place-of-a-president-184310589.html

though pop isn't very patriotic...he was only in the air force and never referred to POW's as losers for getting caught.  kneeling during the national anthem to protest the inequities that have now led to mass riots...not allowed.  burning flags...let's change that law.  calling john mccain a loser for being a POW...perfectly acceptable. if you're okay with that...it needs to be clearly understood that patriotism and racism are one in the same to you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2020, 08:03:22 AM »
Popovich getting it right...https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popovich-unleashes-fiery-statement-on-trump-what-we-have-is-a-fool-in-place-of-a-president-184310589.html

though pop isn't very patriotic...he was only in the air force and never referred to POW's as losers for getting caught.  kneeling during the national anthem to protest the inequities that have now led to mass riots...not allowed.  burning flags...let's change that law.  calling john mccain a loser for being a POW...perfectly acceptable. if you're okay with that...it needs to be clearly understood that patriotism and racism are one in the same to you.

Pop is great.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2020, 09:33:14 AM »
It looks that bad because you have the juxtaposition with his orange clown make-up; his hand is probably a fairly normal color. It was clear he had never held a book before in his life, however, though he does have the Mussolini expression down pat.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2020, 09:34:16 AM »
Chicos isn't going to wake up, this is who he is, a hypocritical crap stirrer and weakass troll.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2020, 10:00:12 AM »

Popovich's statement is the single best thing I've read on this subject since George Floyd was murdered in cold blood. He has the credibility, the background and the intelligence to really nail it here.

My only nit with the entire thing was when he said:

It’s so clear what needs to be done. We need a president to come out and say simply that "Black Lives Matter." Just say those three words. But he won’t and he can’t. He can’t because it’s more important to him to mollify the small group of followers who validate his insanity.

I obviously don't disagree with the point Pop is making. My problem is that it's not just a "small group of followers." Tens of millions of Americans have willingly let themselves be conned by a guy who has made billions of dollars as a professional charlatan; tens of millions of Americans who literally would support this animal if he shot innocent citizens.

feedback