[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo's Instagram's Post  (Read 11567 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Wojo's Instagram's Post
« on: May 29, 2020, 11:20:44 PM »
It might be a political statement but it was needed

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAy6YxrpwWd/?igshid=u4qmzku57nwz
Goal is National Championship

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
Re: Wojo's Instagram's Post
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 11:41:21 PM »
Good for him, very well said.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 11:52:24 PM »
Fan-forking-tastic!

Bravo, Coach.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 11:55:42 PM »
Very cool.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 11:58:35 PM »
Wow. He gives bland post game interviews but this is spot on. Well said coach
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 07:00:38 AM »
Agreed.  Very well said. 

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 08:12:43 AM »
Where are the Wojo haters that tore into him for shutting down his social media?

Great stuff Coach Wojo
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:24:06 AM by WarriorDad »
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 08:15:27 AM »
Character revealed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 08:26:35 PM »
Where are the Wojo haters that tore into him for shutting down his social media?

Great stuff Coach Wojo

I didn't tear into him for shutting down his social media, but as someone who absolutely has criticized Wojo for his on court results, I've never been prouder to have him as a representative of my alma mater.

Seeing him value people outside of his inner circle must wildly confuse you, Cheeks.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »
I liked the pinata scene in an earlier post. Looks like the neighborhood kids were having fun.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 09:01:26 PM »
Great job coach!

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 09:05:26 PM »
What did he say?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2020, 09:31:38 PM »
What did he say?
steve_wojo
Verified
These are my guys. I love these guys. In fact, if my sons grow up to be like any of these guys I’d be incredibly proud. Most of you don’t know each one of these guys‘ journeys, stories or personal experiences but I am blessed to have them in my life. They are all unique and different but special nonetheless. Looking at this picture, one thing that should be obvious to everyone is the majority of these guys are black. With the events of the past week, I believe everyone in and around our program is angry, disgusted and fed up.
My heart hurts for my black friends, players, staff members and their families. As we have talked about the issues they face and feel daily I can’t imagine what’s it like to wonder and worry if I should wear a hoodie or not, whether it’s safe for my son to go for a run, or facing looks of suspicion when I am just carrying on my business. My heart also hurts for white Americans too that don’t get it and don’t want to get it. This affects all of us. Our fates are intertwined!! I tell my guys, when used correctly a basketball has “magic” in it. The most magical thing it does is its ability to connect people from all walks of life, all races and all nationalities. In the coming days, our basketball team and our community will need it more than ever. #blacklivesmatter

May not be the best basketball coach, but he is a good man.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2020, 09:37:18 PM »
Good for Wojo. Thoughtful, heartfelt, moving.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2020, 10:35:45 PM »
I didn't tear into him for shutting down his social media, but as someone who absolutely has criticized Wojo for his on court results, I've never been prouder to have him as a representative of my alma mater.

Seeing him value people outside of his inner circle must wildly confuse you, Cheeks.

I've always been proud of him and how he represents the university and the product he puts on the floor.  Good to see you have finally caught up.  Your last sentence is bewildering, false, and malicious, but much of what comes from you fits that description. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2020, 11:44:22 PM »
May not be the best basketball coach, but he is a good man.
+ 1,000

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 12:11:01 AM »
I've always been proud of him and how he represents the university and the product he puts on the floor.  Good to see you have finally caught up.  Your last sentence is bewildering, false, and malicious, but much of what comes from you fits that description.

Amateurs are products?

My last sentence is...yawn, this is what you want.  Your M.O. has been established.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 03:40:47 PM »

Another Power Point Moment, Thanks
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2020, 03:51:57 PM »
Very well said. Glad to see it.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2020, 05:10:03 PM »
Great stuff from Wojo...#blacklivesmatter needs to be understood.  Also good stuff from the university...we can all do more than write words...but words matter.

Dear Marquette community,

The tragic death of George Floyd earlier this week in Minneapolis and recent similar, racially charged events have left our country, our city and our Marquette community reeling. I have spoken publicly about the lasting generational effects of trauma and racism. If we are ever going to stop this cycle of violence, we need to address the root causes of disparity and access in our community and nationwide.

As a Catholic, Jesuit institution of higher education, Marquette plays a critical leadership role in this necessary and difficult work through research, scholarship, service learning and, above all, the way we educate our students to be men and women for and with others.

Together, we must pledge to live our Guiding Values and celebrate the diversity of our Marquette community and alumni network nationwide. We must all commit to living our mission by standing in solidarity with our African American brothers and sisters.

We cannot stand for injustice. We must do better. I urge you to read this moving reflection from Dr. William Welburn, vice president for inclusive excellence.

Now, more than ever, I wish we could be together in community. In these uncertain times, I invite you to join me this Tuesday, June 2, at 8:30 p.m. in attending a virtual St. Joan of Arc Mass for Healing, Reconciliation and Justice, to pray for an end to racism.

It is all of our responsibility to build a nurturing, inclusive community where all people feel safe, supported, welcomed and celebrated.

We are all Marquette.

Dr. Michael R. Lovell

President

Marquette University

⁰

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2020, 05:33:01 PM »
Great stuff from Wojo...#blacklivesmatter needs to be understood.  Also good stuff from the university...we can all do more than write words...but words matter.

The tragic death of George Floyd earlier this week in Minneapolis and recent similar, racially charged events have left our country, our city and our Marquette community reeling. I have spoken publicly about the lasting generational effects of trauma and racism. If we are ever going to stop this cycle of violence, we need to address the root causes of disparity and access in our community and nationwide.

As a Catholic, Jesuit institution of higher education, Marquette plays a critical leadership role in this necessary and difficult work through research, scholarship, service learning and, above all, the way we educate our students to be men and women for and with others.

Together, we must pledge to live our Guiding Values and celebrate the diversity of our Marquette community and alumni network nationwide. We must all commit to living our mission by standing in solidarity with our African American brothers and sisters.

We cannot stand for injustice. We must do better. I urge you to read this moving reflection from Dr. William Welburn, vice president for inclusive excellence.

Now, more than ever, I wish we could be together in community. In these uncertain times, I invite you to join me this Tuesday, June 2, at 8:30 p.m. in attending a virtual St. Joan of Arc Mass for Healing, Reconciliation and Justice, to pray for an end to racism.

It is all of our responsibility to build a nurturing, inclusive community where all people feel safe, supported, welcomed and celebrated.

We are all Marquette.

Dr. Michael R. Lovell

President

Marquette University

⁰

Outstanding.  This is what Marquette is about.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2020, 05:39:23 PM »
Outstanding.  This is what Marquette is about.
Yes!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2020, 06:42:49 PM »

We are all Marquette.

Dr. Michael R. Lovell

President

Marquette University

⁰

Sounds like Dr Lovell is OK with JUCOS again.

Just kidding - great sentiments that all people - at MU and everywhere else - should share.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2020, 06:51:01 PM »

We are all Marquette.

Dr. Michael R. Lovell

President

Marquette University

⁰

Well said.  Obviously we argue about basketball on this forum, but I'm glad we have a president who has values.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2020, 06:55:57 PM »
Sounds like Dr Lovell is OK with JUCOS again.

Just kidding - great sentiments that all people - at MU and everywhere else - should share.

Yes, because all JUCOs are the African American brothers and sisters Lovell is referring to.  ::)

This is exactly why we are where we are in our country today. I know you’re trying to be a funny guy. I know you think making jokes at the expense of a race isn’t anything to be taken seriously or something you’ll tell people you really believe. But if there’s not some kind of attitude there, why even think to say that?

We need to be better. Sad that the response to Lovell’s note (in a thread about Wojo’s words) are responded to by trying to be a funny guy as our country is literally burning in a race war.

feedback