[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2003 MU at Louisville on ESPNU tonight 8:30pm Eastern  (Read 6714 times)

shoothoops

• All American
2003 MU at Louisville on ESPNU tonight 8:30pm Eastern
« on: May 22, 2020, 05:37:01 PM »
I just saw this listed.

ESPNU is apparently re-airing MU at Louisville from 2003 tonight for anyone interested. MU comes back from 19 points down to win 78-73.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2003 MU at Louisville on ESPNU tonight 8:30pm Eastern
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 05:49:06 PM »
Sweet, thanks!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 07:48:59 PM »
Awesome! Thank you for the heads up!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 07:51:28 PM »
1) My God Dicky V is annoying.

2) I freaking love Diener. Tough as nails.

3) They showed a graphic of Novak’s last 4 games from 3 point range being at like 62% to his first 20 games. You’d think that his percentage would’ve been terrible...it was 43%. But he does get banged around defensively.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 08:31:25 PM »
The way things are currently going this game will soon be closer to our past ncaa tournament win then the present...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 08:42:03 PM »
The way things are currently going this game will soon be closer to our past ncaa tournament win then the present...

We get it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »
We get it.

Remember when you announced wojo would bring us to Duke levels. I guess you never thought we would become a joke.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 08:45:10 PM »
Remember when you announced wojo would bring us to Duke levels. I guess you never thought we would become a joke.

We’re a joke?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 08:54:09 PM »
We’re a joke?

I'd say so. You disagree?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 01:32:20 PM »

I'd say so. You disagree?
#FakeNews Free JB
Goal is National Championship

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 03:39:54 PM »

No sane individual in America who follows college basketball considers the Marquette program to be a joke. 

panda

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 03:42:45 PM »
No sane individual in America who follows college basketball considers the Marquette program to be a joke.

Joke? Absolutely not.

After thought is a more apt description.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 03:56:58 PM »
Outside of maybe Big East fans I don’t think Marquette is viewed any differently around the country than they have been for the last 20 years. Yes, we were better under Buzz and had Wade for Crean, but I don’t think anyone looked at us as approaching blue blood status at any point since Al was here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 04:02:58 PM »
Closest.  MU is not a blue blood.   Not a joke, either.   For the last 40 years, MU is better than 90% of the programs.   Fairly standard high major.  Mostly good years.   A few peaks, a few valleys.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »
Outside of maybe Big East fans I don’t think Marquette is viewed any differently around the country than they have been for the last 20 years. Yes, we were better under Buzz and had Wade for Crean, but I don’t think anyone looked at us as approaching blue blood status at any point since Al was here.

We were FAR better under Buzz and Crean. No one here is talking about blue blood status (minus you in 2015 ironically) We haven't had a tournament win since 2013. We have finished 500 or above in conference twice in the last 6 years. We finished below 500 in conference twice in the previous 20.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 04:38:01 PM »
We were FAR better under Buzz and Crean. No one here is talking about blue blood status (minus you in 2015 ironically) We haven't had a tournament win since 2013. We have finished 500 or above in conference twice in the last 6 years. We finished below 500 in conference twice in the previous 20.

Ironically I don’t recall ever claiming MU was a blue blood. Never have been in my lifetime, don’t expect them ever to be.

I’ll repeat, I don’t think the national viewpoint of MU basketball is any different now than it has been at any point over the past 2 decades. We know you like crying about Wojo, that’s cool. But that doesn’t change the fact that MU is neither a “joke” or an “afterthought.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 05:12:37 PM »
Closest.  MU is not a blue blood.   Not a joke, either.   For the last 40 years, MU is better than 90% of the programs.   Fairly standard high major.  Mostly good years.   A few peaks, a few valleys.

Yep. We have not been a blue blood since Al left, but the Dukiet era was the only time our program really looked bad. Even then, we were probably right around the middle of the pack of D1 schools. More of an afterthought than a joke...for a couple of years in the late 1980s.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 05:14:30 PM by GooooMarquette »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 05:46:36 PM »
Ironically I don’t recall ever claiming MU was a blue blood. Never have been in my lifetime, don’t expect them ever to be.

I’ll repeat, I don’t think the national viewpoint of MU basketball is any different now than it has been at any point over the past 2 decades. We know you like crying about Wojo, that’s cool. But that doesn’t change the fact that MU is neither a “joke” or an “afterthought.”

Paraphrasing - "wojo will take us to duke levels"

I'll ask again. Do you think Marquette is a joke of a program? Not what uninformed people comparing towards the entire d1. You yourself against other high major programs, against what Marquette had accomplished from 1995 to 2015. Do you think Marquette is a joke? Because I certainly do.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 05:55:01 PM »

I'll ask again. Do you think Marquette is a joke of a program? Not what uninformed people comparing towards the entire d1. You yourself against other high major programs, against what Marquette had accomplished from 1995 to 2015. Do you think Marquette is a joke? Because I certainly do.

Please find that post. I’d like to see it.

Is Marquette a joke? Uhh, no? Lol. Is that question a joke?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 06:22:28 PM »

How can you call any competitive program in a P6 conference a joke?   For fits and giggles, name the other P6 programs you consider jokes.   Then compare.MU to them.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 06:34:59 PM »
How can you call any competitive program in a P6 conference a joke?   For fits and giggles, name the other P6 programs you consider jokes.   Then compare.MU to them.

For all the people getting hung on on the term "joke".

Is Marquette as bad as depaul, no. DePaul is an absolute joke of a program.

Marquette is a joke of a program compared to 8 years ago. Marquette is a joke of a program compared to what their trajectory was 6 years ago.

I guess I should have been a bit more obvious to what I'm saying. Since this was scoop y'all went and ran with a word.

So I'll say this one last time.

Marquette is a unnatural carnal knowledgeing joke. 8 years ago they were dominate. Were they NCAA champ calibre? Not really.  But did they have a shot every year? Yes.

Be honest, did anyone here think that teams like seton hall, providence, and Creighton would be better teams then Marquette 7 years ago? Because seton hall and providence barely were a scare on the schedule.

If any of you are happy where this program currently is, rebuild year 7. Then damn y'all got some low expectations for a team that won the big east.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 06:37:24 PM »
MU is an absolute joke!!!!!!

MU has a losing record every year, has never made the NCAA tournament and never will, has never finished above 8th in the conference, and our coaches have neither signed nor developed a single player that any other program would ever want.

A total joke!!!!

Like all others who think the program is a joke, I am never going to watch another game involving the team. I mean, why would anybody want to be associated with a joke of a program?

#jokemarquettewillneverwin

Oh, and Markus was a cancer, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 06:40:10 PM »

Marquette is a joke of a program compared to 8 years ago. Marquette is a joke of a program compared to what their trajectory was 6 years ago.

I guess I should have been a bit more obvious to what I'm saying. Since this was scoop y'all went and ran with a word.

Marquette is a unnatural carnal knowledgeing joke. 8 years ago they were dominate. Were they NCAA champ calibre? Not really.  But did they have a shot every year? Yes.

Be honest, did anyone here think that teams like seton hall, providence, and Creighton would be better teams then Marquette 7 years ago? Because seton hall and providence barely were a scare on the schedule.

If any of you are happy where this program currently is, rebuild year 7. Then damn y'all got some low expectations for a team that won the big east.

Lol. So you meant something different than what you said but it’s everyone else’s fault for not interpreting it how you meant it instead of interpreting it, well, as you said it.

Well, in that case, my bad! MU is a joke of a program!

:o  ::)

MU was not a “dominate” (dominant) program under Buzz nor did they “have a chance” to win a national title “every year.” 0 Final Fours, a single conference title (3 way split) = “dominant?”

Let me guess. I’m getting “hung up on a word.”

Talk about a joke.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:44:48 PM by wadesworld »

panda

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 06:40:40 PM »

Joke? Absolutely not. Poor choice of words. Anywhere near where the level they were at during Crean and Buzz? Not even close.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 06:40:47 PM »
MU is an absolute joke!!!!!!

MU has a losing record every year, has never made the NCAA tournament and never will, has never finished above 8th in the conference, and our coaches have neither signed nor developed a single player that any other program would ever want.

A total joke!!!!

Like all others who think the program is a joke, I am never going to watch another game involving the team. I mean, why would anybody want to be associated with a joke of a program?

#jokemarquettewillneverwin

Oh, and Markus was a cancer, too.

We have had a losing record in conference 4 of the last 6 seasons.  ::)

If you really think Marquette is on a good tracetory then provide your argument. I'm not going to engage in the immaturity you display on each thread.