[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by tower912
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Japan virus re-emergence  (Read 2135 times)

jesmu84

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Japan virus re-emergence
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 12:05:31 AM »
Thoughts?

https://time.com/5826918/hokkaido-coronavirus-lockdown/

My thoughts? Governors who are beginning to reopen their states before at least meeting the standards for phase 1 are racing to the head of our second wave.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 12:14:48 AM »
My thought is that is scary. Hopefully it will serve as a lesson here ... but it already appears that is not the case.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 12:25:39 AM »
My thought is that is scary. Hopefully it will serve as a lesson here ... but it already appears that is not the case.

It will serve as a lesson for some. Unfortunately stupidity is pervasive throughout government and the population.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 09:01:48 PM »
My thoughts? Governors who are beginning to reopen their states before at least meeting the standards for phase 1 are racing to the head of our second wave.

Until there is a vaccine or herd immunity, second, third, fourth, etc., waves are going to happen whenever we open. Will the second wave in Georgia be worse in the coming weeks than it would have been a month or two from now? I honestly don’t know.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 09:07:58 PM »
We should stay closed for years then?  The cases that are coming back, how deadly are they?  What is the mortality rate?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »
Until there is a vaccine or herd immunity, second, third, fourth, etc., waves are going to happen whenever we open. Will the second wave in Georgia be worse in the coming weeks than it would have been a month or two from now? I honestly don’t know.

Nor do I. But the public health officials that informed POTUS’ plan have a much better idea that either of us. And they recommended beginning to reopen only after 2 weeks of declining infections, and once there were robust testing and contact tracing infrastructures in place.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 08:56:40 AM »
We should stay closed for years then?  The cases that are coming back, how deadly are they?  What is the mortality rate?

No one is suggesting years.  The cases that come back will be just as deadly as the first round since we have no effective treatments.  We're doing this not to stamp out the virus.  We're doing this to slow the spread so our health care workers don't have overwhelmed hospitals.  Because if you have overwhelmed hospitals and people don't take it serious, our entire health care system is at risk of collapse.  There is a limit to what people can and should be asked to deal with.  You can't ask a nurse or doctor to work extreme shifts in overwhelmed hospitals for months on end.  They won't do it.

So we're buying TIME.  TIME buys them the ability to do their job without being overwhelmed.  TIME also buys us information.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 09:06:31 AM »

You've mentioned this in several threads now.

Can you please cite evidence that there is herd immunity with this virus?