[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bailey declares for draft  (Read 81999 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Bailey declares for draft
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2020, 02:41:49 PM »
We never get old.  We always stay young. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2020, 02:44:14 PM »
  1. Most likely there will be NCAA basketball next year, but if you're 23 can you take any chance it doesn't happen?

2. When your biggest problem is inconsistency isn't doing basketball fulltime your best bet?

3. A schollie for Tommy Gardiner?  (Yes, Justin Smith would be better.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:48:22 PM by 4everDawson »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
If Bailey is going pro, 

I am fully expecting an announcement from left field....... Rob Frozena pursuing options in europe?

Ha Ha!  Making fun of a guy who turned down many other options to try and make your favorite basketball team better!  Good for you.  Your Mom must be so proud.

Losing him is a push for sure.    Could easily find a juco transfer with better talent and certainly tougher.   Guy was snuggle soft.

Great idea.  Who specifically do you have in mind?  How many JUCOs are still available for next year?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:51:24 PM by 4everDawson »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2020, 03:03:38 PM »
I by no means meant to make fun of rob frozena

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2020, 03:05:05 PM »
I guess he won’t be a Marquette legend
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2020, 03:08:24 PM »
I guess he won’t be a Marquette legend

I believe Cheeks returns from exile soon to debate this.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2020, 03:09:47 PM »
You guys saying 'no big deal', BB was slotted as our 2nd best player next year... and that is IF Carton catches his waiver.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2020, 03:11:50 PM »
Too bad.  A net loss for the program.   Good luck, young man.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2020, 03:17:56 PM »
I’d like some of what he’s smoking. Good luck, young man.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2020, 03:23:46 PM »
You guys saying 'no big deal', BB was slotted as our 2nd best player next year... and that is IF Carton catches his waiver.

Right. More an indictment of how bad we’ll be next year without Carton than anything, but yah. This is a better team with BB. Back to needing to add.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
David Woods
@DavidWoods007
·
28s
BREAKING: Jordan Tucker not returning to #Butler and will stay in NBA draft pool. This was long expected.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2020, 03:33:44 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2020/05/22/brendan-bailey-wont-return-marquette/5244747002/

“After counseling with my family, I have decided to forgo my junior and senior years and pursue a career in professional basketball. This has always been a dream of mine and Marquette has helped prepare me to make this dream a reality.  Thank you Marquette, you will always have a special place in my heart.”

Gotta be overseas.  Go make that $$$

I'm not that surprised. He spent two years on his mission and had (relative) freedom and was independent. He came back, went to college and may have chafed at the structure and limitations, and decided he didn't want that and just wanted to play ball. It's common among those who return from their missions. Does anyone know if he got engaged or married while on his mission? That's another factor in kids who leave after coming back.

His dad has a lot of connections and will help him get hooked up somewhere in Europe.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2020, 03:35:56 PM »
Wish him the best.
Those who've been clamoring that Jamal get more playing time may get your wish.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2020, 03:47:34 PM »
Wish him the best.
Those who've been clamoring that Jamal get more playing time may get your wish.

Jamal and Greg show is no longer just for social media
Maigh Eo for Sam

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2020, 03:50:45 PM »
I’d like some of what he’s smoking. Good luck, young man.

+1, he's Jamaican me crazy!

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2020, 03:51:42 PM »
Bailey saw the handwriting on the wall. The three incoming freshman are more talented than him. Plain and simple.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2020, 03:52:39 PM »
Man I was so excited to see what the Markus Sam Bailey class would do... didn't think a two year mission, senior year transfer, and all time leading scorer resulting in two first round whimpers and likely a third were going to be the result.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2020, 03:54:05 PM »
Bailey saw the handwriting on the wall. The three incoming freshman are more talented than him. Plain and simple.

Not really
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2020, 03:54:27 PM »
I'm not that surprised. He spent two years on his mission and had (relative) freedom and was independent. He came back, went to college and may have chafed at the structure and limitations, and decided he didn't want that and just wanted to play ball. It's common among those who return from their missions. Does anyone know if he got engaged or married while on his mission? That's another factor in kids who leave after coming back.

His dad has a lot of connections and will help him get hooked up somewhere in Europe.

Don’t forget Stan leaving.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2020, 03:57:58 PM »
Not really

don't you know, now that he's left he sucked. It's the way it is with too many fans.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2020, 04:06:05 PM »
Makes perfect sense for Bailey.  He'll get paid to play basketball during his basketball playing years.  Smart.

But this math was there 5 years ago.  We had to know the odds of carrying a 23 year old junior and a 24 year old senior were low.  Getting old continues to be a problem for us.  Roster management is an issue. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2020, 04:19:34 PM »
Best of luck to him.  Sucks for us.
Why does it suck for us. What about all the commotion when Hausers left? Remember all the posts about if a guy does not want to be here, then good riddance? There are adequate replacements for Bailey. He would not have been a difference maker. Good luck to him, but his pro career will be overseas, not the NBA.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2020, 04:22:51 PM »
for what its worth, rivals writer based in Utah said Bailey will be going pro regardless

Bump

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2020, 04:25:20 PM »
Makes perfect sense for Bailey.  He'll get paid to play basketball during his basketball playing years.  Smart.

But this math was there 5 years ago.  We had to know the odds of carrying a 23 year old junior and a 24 year old senior were low.  Getting old continues to be a problem for us.  Roster management is an issue.

The key to getting old is not having really good players who leave too soon, or not good enough ones who transfer out, but having okay ones who develop and stay 4 years.  it's easiest to accomplish when you only aim to have a really good team once every four years.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2020, 04:30:44 PM »

+1

Never thought he would become a Marquette “all timer” - he left with mediocre numbers - so he was gone early either way.

feedback