collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: How many co-morbidities do you have?  (Read 6685 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: How many co-morbidities do you have?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
Oh my BMI says I'm overweight.  My primary care doc laughed at that when talked a couple of months ago.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 10:53:08 AM »
Oh my BMI says I'm overweight.  My primary care doc laughed at that when talked a couple of months ago.

I'm kind of teetering between "overweight" and "obese" on BMI.  I would certainly like to lose a little more, but compared to where I was for a couple of decades, I'm very happy with where I am right now.  And so is my doc.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 11:07:02 AM »
Oh my BMI says I'm overweight. 

BMI is kinda crap - not wholly.  But the mirror should accurately tell you if you need to lose a few pounds or not.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2020, 11:10:20 AM »
BMI is kinda crap - not wholly.  But the mirror should accurately tell you if you need to lose a few pounds or not.

I am 6'3" and now 205 (was 198 prior to lockdown... no more swimming, only doing weights).  so I am right at overweight BMI (25).  That is how the "Corona" does it... healthy before pandemic then slightly overweight for when I contract it.

Sneaky.   :P

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2020, 11:58:39 AM »
I'm kind of teetering between "overweight" and "obese" on BMI.  I would certainly like to lose a little more, but compared to where I was for a couple of decades, I'm very happy with where I am right now.  And so is my doc.
Congrats on your progress.  It is NOT easy to turn that around and requires a helluva lot of determination.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2020, 07:28:20 AM »
The best quick and dirty way to measure obesity - especially in terms of the unhealthier belly fat - is your waist-to-height ratio.

Your waist circumference should not be more that half your height. And gentlemen, use a tape measure, not your pants size.  We all know that many of you flop that belly over the waistband.

BTW, I am at 0 for co-morbidities. 
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2020, 10:46:22 AM »
The best quick and dirty way to measure obesity - especially in terms of the unhealthier belly fat - is your waist-to-height ratio.

Your waist circumference should not be more that half your height. And gentlemen, use a tape measure, not your pants size.  We all know that many of you flop that belly over the waistband.

BTW, I am at 0 for co-morbidities.

Yeah I don’t think that’s a good way to do it at all. I’ve never in my life been told anything other than “you need to start eating more double cheeseburgers” and by your method I would be considered obese.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2020, 12:23:29 PM »
Yeah I don’t think that’s a good way to do it at all. I’ve never in my life been told anything other than “you need to start eating more double cheeseburgers” and by your method I would be considered obese.

Wades?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2020, 01:47:07 PM »
0, thankfully.

My wife just tested negative.  My wife convinced herself she had COVID-19 and the kids and I told her she didn't have any of the symptoms.  Thankfully we were correct.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2020, 03:24:55 PM »

Really?  What are your height and waist size?

I still say it is better than BMI.  By that measure, a good number of professional athletes would be considered obese.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2020, 03:58:41 PM »
0, thankfully.

My wife just tested negative.  My wife convinced herself she had COVID-19 and the kids and I told her she didn't have any of the symptoms.  Thankfully we were correct.

How did she get a test if she is asymtomatic?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2020, 04:31:34 PM »

I'm guessing she just drove into a Walgreens or Walmart parking lot, and got one of those drive thru tests I heard so much about.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2020, 05:05:06 PM »
Really?  What are your height and waist size?

I still say it is better than BMI.  By that measure, a good number of professional athletes would be considered obese.

Lol I completely misread the equation.  Sorry, I'm an idiot and that makes sense.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2020, 06:02:14 PM »

Scratchy throat for 4-5 days with some sinus pressure, achy joints, and low energy.   
Called the Doctor who said just watch for now and prescribed antibiotic for possible sinus infection.
She had been taking her temperature every day and 5 days after the initial doctor call measured a very low grade fever with no real change in the other symptoms.
No surprise, she felt immensely better after the negative test result.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2020, 08:19:10 AM »
Scratchy throat for 4-5 days with some sinus pressure, achy joints, and low energy.   
Called the Doctor who said just watch for now and prescribed antibiotic for possible sinus infection.
She had been taking her temperature every day and 5 days after the initial doctor call measured a very low grade fever with no real change in the other symptoms.
No surprise, she felt immensely better after the negative test result.

I just got an email on this from local government and its great news.  Should be one of the test expansions needed to open up.  750 tests per day...working with CVS.  Per the NY Times article, it probably increases capability from 85 to ~105 tests per 100K per day.  So two more of these sites for CT and we are in business against the 152/100K target.

"The rapid test center uses the new Abbott ID NOW™ COVID-19 test, which provides results in 30 minutes, from the collection of the swab to the delivery of the results. Tests are provided at no cost to all patients.

Anyone interested in being tested must register online and make an appointment prior to arriving at the test site. Unlike the state’s other testing centers, patients do not need to be referred by a doctor prior to being tested. "