[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

If restaurants open in May (for dine-in), are you going/taking your family?

Yes
30 (42.9%)
No
40 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: If restaurants open in May (for dine-in), are you going/taking your family?  (Read 21234 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
I know there could be a "maybe" option, depending on what precautions are being taken, or how full the place is - but that varies per individual  (and we don't know what the precautions are...).  So, given pre-covid conditions, would you go out again (at least as often as you used to)?

I probably won't, but curious of opinions.

MUfan12

• All American
Tough call, but I'd say no at this point.

tower912

• All American
Probably.   But, weather permitting, I am going to want to sit outside. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
I will go to the local places that I like. Tandem will be my first stop. The stuff they are doing for those in need in Milwaukee is inspiring.

I will also go to get a haircut as soon as those can open and I will go play basketball with my usual group of friends on Mondays and Wednesday’s.

Other than that I’ll continue to get outside as much as I can and will probably be back in the office full time.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
Yes. I'm missing my bar

The Lens

• All American
I will go to the local places that I like. Tandem will be my first stop. The stuff they are doing for those in need in Milwaukee is inspiring.

I will also go to get a haircut as soon as those can open and I will go play basketball with my usual group of friends on Mondays and Wednesday’s.

Other than that I’ll continue to get outside as much as I can and will probably be back in the office full time.

If one can afford it, paying your local barber 2-3x the normal bill would be a good way to start. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

BM1090

• All American
Yes. I'd prefer if restaurants open to 50% capacity so you're not jammed next to other people. I also may be more likely to choose bars/restaurants with outdoor seating.

I won't go as much as normal, though.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Yes and no.

Everything you do in life comes with a risk.  Driving you car on a freeway, taking a flight, swimming in the ocean.

Until you have anti-bodies or are vaccinated, your COVID risk is north of zero if you leave your house. 

Would I go to a packed restaurant in a city that has a ton of current cases?  Not a chance.

Would I go to a half filled restaurant in a suburb with few cases?  To be honest, I don't think I'd do that in May.  June, yeah.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
I will go to my local favorites.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Yes and no.

Everything you do in life comes with a risk.  Driving you car on a freeway, taking a flight, swimming in the ocean.

Until you have anti-bodies or are vaccinated, your COVID risk is north of zero if you leave your house. 

Would I go to a packed restaurant in a city that has a ton of current cases?  Not a chance.

Would I go to a half filled restaurant in a suburb with few cases?  To be honest, I don't think I'd do that in May.  June, yeah.

This is where I am at--however I live in an area that is more of a hot spot than WI.  So it would be dependent on the conditions at that point.

wadesworld

• All American
If one can afford it, paying your local barber 2-3x the normal bill would be a good way to start.

Agreed. I was planning on doing something like that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Not a chance. No testing - no go.

If we had universal testing, it would be an easy fix.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
No. I will continue to live under a personal stay at home order until we have widely available testing and contact tracing.

I have been doing my best to support local businesses by purchasing gift cards, and I will tip very generously when I do finally get out, but I am not at all interested in becoming one of the early “second wave” victims.

pbiflyer

• All American

Did that preemptively, as I got one of the last haircuts before the shutdown. Paid 2.5x the norm.

Jay Bee

• All American
I might go to one with good spacing, as long as they’ll allow me in with my new 24/7 attire - Nike Elite shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
My family is just my wife and I, and I'm pretty sure we would go out to select places. Might be different if we have kids other than our grown ones, but we don't, so it's silly to speculate on that.

I would say we definitely would go to our favorite beverage establishments and sit outside. And probably would go to some of our restaurants depending on the situation.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
No, but I desperately want to.

BrewCity83

• All American
I will.  Gotta build up the herd immunity, aina?.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
My family is just my wife and I, and I'm pretty sure we would go out to select places. Might be different if we have kids other than our grown ones, but we don't, so it's silly to speculate on that.

I would say we definitely would go to our favorite beverage establishments and sit outside. And probably would go to some of our restaurants depending on the situation.

In Wisconsin, we don’t have the option of sitting outside until June  :-[  ... or July.

forgetful

• All American
Honestly, I'd advise against takeout. Won't be doing restaurants at all for awhile.

GB Warrior

• All American
No. We've been supporting the local establishments we trust and frequent during this, and that will continue. But we'll be taking out and enjoying the outdoors in our yard.

Completely agree with the stylist... Going to pay mine to reshape the beard I've been doing my best to undergo what can best be deemed as controlled chaos.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Honestly, I'd advise against takeout. Won't be doing restaurants at all for awhile.

In regards to takeout, why?

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
I wouldn’t feel comfortable until June. I order delivery 2-3 times per week now to help support local small businesses.

StillAWarrior

• All American
Going to pay mine to reshape the beard I've been doing my best to undergo what can best be deemed as controlled chaos.

I've got a beard right now for the first time in my life.  I just decided, "what the heck."  Not a big fan.  My wife actually likes it...or likes the way it looks, anyway.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

JWags85

• All American

You’re just rooting for full on economic collapse at this point aren’t you? My god just an incessant rain cloud on everything COVID.  Another 3-4 months of lockdown, don’t order takeout. Goodness gracious.

feedback