[Today at 06:30:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 370450 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2600 on: May 07, 2021, 07:06:39 AM »
Jockey and MU82. The usual suspects...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2601 on: May 07, 2021, 08:32:04 AM »
From The Athletic:

Golden State Warriors forward Damion Lee said he tested positive for COVID-19 two weeks ago despite receiving the COVID-19 vaccination in March.

"Essentially, this was just a rare breakthrough case," Lee said prior to the Warriors' Thursday night game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. "After doing the research, there’s been about 6,000 people who have tested positive with a breakthrough case out of the over 80 million people who have been fully vaccinated."

Lee went on to describe the symptoms he experienced, including headache, chills, sneezing, congestion, soreness, body aches, and what he described as "brain fog" — where he'd lost track of what he was talking about five minutes into a conversation. "It felt like I was hit by a car, hit by two cars at once," he added.

The 28-year-old hasn't played a game since April 19. In 57 games this season, Lee averaged 6.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists — shooting 46.7 percent from the field.

"Right now there’s no timeline in the immediate future for me coming back and playing," Lee said. "Still have protocols and hurdles for me to clear from the medical side. After that, it’s a matter of getting back into basketball shape."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2602 on: May 07, 2021, 10:12:44 PM »
From The Athletic:

Golden State Warriors forward Damion Lee said he tested positive for COVID-19 two weeks ago despite receiving the COVID-19 vaccination in March.

"Essentially, this was just a rare breakthrough case," Lee said prior to the Warriors' Thursday night game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. "After doing the research, there’s been about 6,000 people who have tested positive with a breakthrough case out of the over 80 million people who have been fully vaccinated."
I mean, J&J is ~86% effective and the two-shot versions are ~93% effective, someone still getting COVID doesn't seem like "breakthrough" territory.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2603 on: May 08, 2021, 07:01:39 AM »
Fox is merely one voice, albeit the loudest, in the self-reinforcing echo chamber of lies. But I guess if only 1% of the country is actually watching it an any given time, spewing lies to create vaccine hesitancy, dragging out this pandemic, and creating greater and greater divides in this country is perfectly fine.

Your logic that this is fine because of the number of viewers is just about as good as your take that we can't write new guns laws because criminals will ignore them.

if the vaccine works, which i believe it does, why does our demented potus in name only, his "doctor" wifey and so many more in power still wear a mask outside and in some instances inside?  they show him walking by himself thru arlington nat'l with not a person in sight and he's got a mask on?  he gets in front of the people so very few times and mumbles from his teleprompter, oatmeal dripping of his chin, saying it's "patriotic" to wear a mask?  that's not exactly pumping confidence into anyone who has their concerns about the mask, rush out to get the vaccine.  the numbers of people NOT getting the vaccine do not fit any particular demographic as your pitiful sources would have you believe. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2604 on: May 08, 2021, 08:24:25 AM »
if the vaccine works, which i believe it does, why does our demented potus in name only, his "doctor" wifey and so many more in power still wear a mask outside and in some instances inside?  they show him walking by himself thru arlington nat'l with not a person in sight and he's got a mask on?  he gets in front of the people so very few times and mumbles from his teleprompter, oatmeal dripping of his chin, saying it's "patriotic" to wear a mask?  that's not exactly pumping confidence into anyone who has their concerns about the mask, rush out to get the vaccine.  the numbers of people NOT getting the vaccine do not fit any particular demographic as your pitiful sources would have you believe.

Do you have a source for this?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2605 on: May 08, 2021, 08:41:18 AM »
our demented potus in name only

Your deposed Mad King appreciates your cultish fealty in continuing to spread the biggest of his 30,000+ lies. And he also appreciates your BDS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2606 on: May 08, 2021, 08:42:36 AM »
New Gallup poll re "vaccine passports":

Fifty-seven percent of respondents said they would approve of vaccine passports as a requirement for airplane travel while 55% favored passports before someone could attend events with large crowds such as sporting events and concerts. There was less support for requiring vaccination passports for going to work (45%), staying at a hotel (44%) and dining at a restaurant indoors (40%).

https://news.gallup.com/poll/349580/support-vaccination-proof-varies-activity.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_content=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2607 on: May 08, 2021, 09:58:13 AM »

How about fully vaccinated Kamala and Doug kissing through their masks.  Is it possible to be more ridiculous than that? 

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #2608 on: May 08, 2021, 10:09:42 AM »
How about fully vaccinated Kamala and Doug kissing through their masks.  Is it possible to be more ridiculous than that?
Easy - how about knowing the dangers, downplaying them, not wearing a mask, hiding the fact you got vaccinated, and sowing doubt in the professionals - therefore directly and indirectly encouraging millions of people to follow your lead causing tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths?

Now THAT is ridiculous. But let's focus on those being overly cautious in the midst of a global pandemic (equally ridiculous).

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2609 on: May 08, 2021, 10:55:20 AM »

He is setting a positive example that it okay to still wear masks for people who have not been vaccinated yet.

This isn't hard.

jesmu84

• All American

• All American
« Reply #2611 on: May 08, 2021, 12:30:08 PM »
Why do people care so much if others choose to wear a mask?  If Biden wants to wear one outside, let him. Does it impact your life in any way?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2612 on: May 08, 2021, 12:50:44 PM »
I will wear a mask outside in crowds for the foreseeable future.   I am required to wear a mask whenever I am on duty and outside the station.   It isn't a burden.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2613 on: May 08, 2021, 06:19:46 PM »
As a very smart man recently said, and I paraphrase, wearing a mask after covid 19 vaccination, is like a man wearing a condom after a vasectomy, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2614 on: May 08, 2021, 06:24:31 PM »
As a very smart man recently said, and I paraphrase, wearing a mask after covid 19 vaccination, is like a man wearing a condom after a vasectomy, aina?

Both are good ways to stay disease free when mingling with strangers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

• All American
« Reply #2615 on: May 08, 2021, 06:49:08 PM »
Both are good ways to stay disease free when mingling with strangers.

Yep. People just don’t get that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2616 on: May 08, 2021, 07:06:19 PM »
As well as being potentially contagious for a while after both.   So, yeah, that metaphor isn't that far off.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2617 on: May 08, 2021, 07:30:40 PM »
Why do people care so much if others choose to wear a mask?  If Biden wants to wear one outside, let him. Does it impact your life in any way?

Not to be overly argumentative, but haven’t you been pretty insistent on messaging being wrong in efforts to get people vaccinated, need more carrots and less of the stick.  If the fully vaccinated President is still wearing a mask alone outdoors, that’s gonna contribute far more to “what’s the point of the vaccine” than “oh he’s being respectful I should be too”

I feel like the biggest need in compliance during the final stretch is hope, and highly visible and influential people acting the exact same way as they would have in mid-2020, during a largely successful and widespread vaccination push, is anything but

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2618 on: May 08, 2021, 08:40:40 PM »
He is setting a positive example that it okay to still wear masks for people who have not been vaccinated yet.

This isn't hard.

yes it is...as wags said, and may i add, people who are leery of the vaccine's efficacy will rationalize their way out of getting the vaccine.  seeing potus out and about in obviously safe places will reinforce the vaccine is ok even though i  don't believe he even knows when he's wearing it or not.  hell, he had a panic attack at the podium when he couldn't find the damn thing(mask).  it was right in his pocket or folded up in his papers or something.  good thing dr j was there to calm him down with a big hug and some hot cocoa 
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2619 on: May 08, 2021, 08:53:55 PM »
I look at what is going on in India and South America and wonder if those poor souls would refuse the vaccine for political reasons.   America has an opportunity for greatness.   And some are willfully choosing failure.

The path to normalcy is right in front of us.  Some are choosing stupidity.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 09:00:26 PM by tower912 »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2620 on: May 08, 2021, 09:43:32 PM »
I'm fully vaccinated and wore a mask to an outdoor event today that a lot of people were at.  I fail to see the big deal in wearing masks and if it protects one person, it's worth it.  If it didn't protect anyone, that's ok too as it wasn't really a big deal for me to do.

• All American
« Reply #2621 on: May 08, 2021, 09:59:08 PM »
yes it is...as wags said, and may i add, people who are leery of the vaccine's efficacy will rationalize their way out of getting the vaccine.  seeing potus out and about in obviously safe places will reinforce the vaccine is ok even though i  don't believe he even knows when he's wearing it or not.  hell, he had a panic attack at the podium when he couldn't find the damn thing(mask).  it was right in his pocket or folded up in his papers or something.  good thing dr j was there to calm him down with a big hug and some hot cocoa 

You making fun of someone else’s cognitive abilities is probably the most ironic thing ever posted here.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2622 on: May 08, 2021, 10:37:27 PM »
I'm fully vaccinated and wore a mask to an outdoor event today that a lot of people were at.  I fail to see the big deal in wearing masks and if it protects one person, it's worth it.  If it didn't protect anyone, that's ok too as it wasn't really a big deal for me to do.

I’m also fully vaccinated. And while I fully support your choice to mask up outdoors I won’t be joining you. For me, it’s uncomfortable and has given me infections on multiple occasions. I had dinner with a friend at The Moorings in Naples tonight - a community of the most vulnerable (my friend is 90, average age over 80). The community (and the staff) is fully vaccinated and have been maskless for nearly a month. No infections.

A friend of mine’s MIL headed back to Canada today. She is fully vaccinated and has the proof. She has to have a negative test in the USA within 72 hours of entering Canada. Once she sets foot in Canada she takes another test. Then she must quarantine at home for 14 days - 8 days into quarantine they come to her home and administer another test. This is insanity IMHO.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2623 on: May 08, 2021, 11:49:35 PM »
I’m also fully vaccinated. And while I fully support your choice to mask up outdoors I won’t be joining you. For me, it’s uncomfortable and has given me infections on multiple occasions. I had dinner with a friend at The Moorings in Naples tonight - a community of the most vulnerable (my friend is 90, average age over 80). The community (and the staff) is fully vaccinated and have been maskless for nearly a month. No infections.

A friend of mine’s MIL headed back to Canada today. She is fully vaccinated and has the proof. She has to have a negative test in the USA within 72 hours of entering Canada. Once she sets foot in Canada she takes another test. Then she must quarantine at home for 14 days - 8 days into quarantine they come to her home and administer another test. This is insanity IMHO.

Millions of people dead around the world and this very minor inconvenience is insanity?

How about people on your team discouraging people from getting vaccinated OR wearing a mask.  THAT is insanity!

The purpose of the actions in Canada is to save lives. The purpose of your side is to kill.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2624 on: May 09, 2021, 12:05:10 AM »

Wearing a mask has given you infections?