[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Does anyone know people currently infected?  (Read 2930 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Does anyone know people currently infected?
« on: April 08, 2020, 10:22:17 PM »
Reason I ask is the natural reaction when sick with covid-19 is to lay in bed and do nothing.  However, if you know someone infected, please encourage them to get up and move around.  One is much more likely to get pneumonia if they stay in bed... for those in the medical field, incentive spirometry is key.... you want to move around and stretch and take really deep breaths or you will set yourself up for pneumonia.  If your loved one gets infected, please PM me and I’ll give you information on how to stay healthy
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Does anyone know people currently infected?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 11:09:08 PM »
Reason I ask is the natural reaction when sick with covid-19 is to lay in bed and do nothing.  However, if you know someone infected, please encourage them to get up and move around.  One is much more likely to get pneumonia if they stay in bed... for those in the medical field, incentive spirometry is key.... you want to move around and stretch and take really deep breaths or you will set yourself up for pneumonia.  If your loved one gets infected, please PM me and I’ll give you information on how to stay healthy

Bo

Thankful that as of now I don’t need your help but I’m grateful to know it’s available. Scoop is lucky to have you on board!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 07:46:45 AM »
Great advice Bo.  Thanks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 01:15:40 PM »

I've read that laying prone is much better than on your back.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 01:27:21 PM »

I have read that too...but the article I saw only referenced patients on ventilators doing better prone.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200324202056.htm

Have you seen any evidence to suggest this is also the case with patients who aren't on ventilators?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 01:36:33 PM »

I bet u have
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 01:40:33 PM »
I'm told that an aunt/uncle have it and are doing well.  Honestly, I'm a little confused because I heard that one was asymptomatic and the other only had mild cold symptoms but they tested positive. I very curious how they managed to get tested under those circumstances because, unfortunately, it's still quite difficult to get tested around here.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 01:56:41 PM »
I bet u have

I know you don't care as long as his name is Bruce.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »
I'm told that an aunt/uncle have it and are doing well.  Honestly, I'm a little confused because I heard that one was asymptomatic and the other only had mild cold symptoms but they tested positive. I very curious how they managed to get tested under those circumstances because, unfortunately, it's still quite difficult to get tested around here.

Maybe he’s an NBA player??
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 03:22:14 PM »

Laying prone helps lung function with ARDS and has been shown to help critically ill covid patients
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 03:36:41 PM »

Face down, ass up, that's the way we like to .....

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 05:05:46 PM »

Bo - thank you. Fortunate to not need such advice yet but curious if you support this technique I saw a few days ago:

https://www.today.com/health/coronavirus-breathing-technique-may-help-covid-19-patients-breathe-better-t177870

Seems to align with the crux of this discussion.

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 05:11:08 PM »
Absolutely!  A good breathing technique. Anything to increase expansion of the lungs like incentive spirometry.  Lack of movement or deep breaths leads to air and mucus trapping inviting secondary bacterial pneumonias

MUDPT

• All American

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 12:05:53 AM »
I had it or maybe the flu. Didnt get tested.

• Team Captain