[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette University  (Read 27530 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Marquette University
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »
Yeah you have to complete a defined set of classes in two years and get a certain GPA.

Well, yeah, but isn't that the case for the UW program as well.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2020, 02:16:18 PM »
Yeah you have to complete a defined set of classes in two years and get a certain GPA.

It is also a limited amount of credits that will transfer, I think.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2020, 09:09:29 AM »
Administration is starting to plan more intently for no students on campus.  The financial implications of no residential housing for the first semester doesn't look good.  And there is increasing concern that there will be no basketball next year. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2020, 09:39:31 AM »
Shockin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2020, 08:14:25 AM »
Marquette's no different than a lot of places.  The landscape has shifted tremendously over the last few weeks.  Everytime you think the luxury of time will make things better, you realize as it gets closer, it really doesn't. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2020, 08:55:30 AM »
Yale announced last week quite a different plan for 2020-2021 than I've heard anywhere.
Juniors and Seniors will report to campus.
Sophomores will be online for fall semester and on campus for spring semester.
Freshman will on campus for fall semester and online for spring semester.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2020, 08:56:13 AM »
Yale announced last week quite a different plan for 2020-2021 than I've heard anywhere.

Plus weekly testing...

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2020, 10:00:08 AM »

We were just talking to our neighbors, and another school had a similar plan. Freshman/Sophomores on campus in fall/online in spring. Juniors/Seniors online in fall/on campus in spring.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2020, 11:43:10 AM »
JUST IN: Harvard announces all course instruction will be taught online for the 2020-21 academic year.

Undergraduate tuition of $49,653 remains the same.

It's funny, my takeaway from that MU is now almost as expensive as FREAKING HARVARD.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2020, 12:53:16 PM »

It's funny, my takeaway from that MU is now almost as expensive as FREAKING HARVARD.

Marquette doesn't have a $40 billion endowment.

I am sure Harvard's per-student expenses are much higher than Marquette's.  It's just that the students at Marquette have to pick up a bigger piece of the tab.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2020, 09:21:14 AM »
Screenshot from the MU Parents page..

Macallan 18

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »
Marquette participates in historic transfer agreement with technical colleges

Will this and the Herzing agreement help increase the enrollment numbers?

=============================

https://today.marquette.edu/2020/07/marquette-participates-in-historic-transfer-agreement-with-technical-colleges/

Students seeking to transfer credits from any of Wisconsin’s 16 technical colleges to Marquette will have a much easier time in the future thanks to a historic, comprehensive agreement announced yesterday.

Marquette is one of the private, nonprofit colleges and universities participating in the WAICU-WTCS Course Credit Transfer Agreement. WAICU stands for the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities; WTCS is the Wisconsin Technical College System.

“Streamlining the process to transfer credits from a technical college to a four-year private college opens doors for more students to earn bachelor’s degrees in Wisconsin,” said Dr. Rolf Wegenke, president of WAICU. “Our private colleges have longstanding relationships with the technical colleges, and this new agreement will make a difference as the state strives to increase the level of educational attainment and improve our position in the competitive knowledge economy.”

More than a dozen popular introductory courses are included in the agreement, such as chemistry, psychology, and speech. Under the agreement, specified technical college credits will count toward requirements for a bachelor’s degree at Marquette, provided the student earned a grade of “C” or better within the last ten years. Technical college students must also meet Marquette’s admissions requirements.

“Wisconsin’s private colleges and universities have long been leaders in recognizing the rigor of a technical college education, and the value of creating transfer opportunities for our students,” noted Dr. Morna K. Foy, president of WTCS. “This agreement sets a strong foundation for the future by allowing all of our institutions – in both sectors – to make lifelong learning opportunities even clearer for students.”

The negotiated “course equivalencies” provide great value to transfer students by reducing or eliminating the need to spend extra time and money retaking courses. The ability to smoothly transfer credits provides more flexibility for students — especially those who wish to start their college career close to home as well as nontraditional students who are already in the workforce and are looking to further their careers with bachelor’s degrees.

With the new agreement in place, students can look forward to an educational experience that is more efficient and simpler to navigate, while shortening the time to graduation and reducing their college costs.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2020, 11:15:47 AM »
My personal physician's son will be a sophomore at Georgetown. The have been informed that only freshman and seniors will be on campus for the 20/21 academic year.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2020, 04:07:49 PM »
My personal physician's son will be a sophomore at Georgetown. The have been informed that only freshman and seniors will be on campus for the 20/21 academic year.

This is actually a good idea in terms of keeping the "college experience" alive at name brand universities. I've been wondering how the long term Donations fallout of online students not really feeling an affinity toward MU (or others) and perhaps these two years being two of the most memorable ones will stop at least some of that fall out.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2020, 04:12:49 PM »
Less than 50/50 that Marquette has students on campus this fall.  The administration is really doing in-depth look at alternatives.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2020, 11:22:26 PM »
Not sure if this was posted in another thread ..

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/education/2020/07/17/milwaukee-schools-colleges-not-allowed-open-fall-semester/5458663002/

TLDR, the City of MKE's health department issued "stricter guidelines when in-person classes may resume."  This applies to all schools in the city, including MU and UWM, etc.  At the moment, it means the phase the city is in equals no in-person classes.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2020, 08:52:34 AM »
Another article... https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/education/2020/07/20/marquette-university-opening-campus-classes-unsafe-some-faculty-say/5430390002/

I don't know what MU does here. I can't imagine dorm life is safe, even with protocols in place.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2020, 10:49:36 AM »
You read that article .. wow.    I guess we always knew the sh1t was in the air targeting the fan.   It's landing on the blades now.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2020, 10:59:14 AM »
Another article... https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/education/2020/07/20/marquette-university-opening-campus-classes-unsafe-some-faculty-say/5430390002/

I don't know what MU does here. I can't imagine dorm life is safe, even with protocols in place.

What you do is you push the year to start until october.  You wait and see what happens to other schools and adapt.  Forcing artificially important start dates is a terrible idea.

If other universities open in Aug/Sept and don't have problems, then you follow their lead.  If they have problems, examine their problems and adapt or go online again.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »
What you do is you push the year to start until october.  You wait and see what happens to other schools and adapt.  Forcing artificially important start dates is a terrible idea.

If other universities open in Aug/Sept and don't have problems, then you follow their lead.  If they have problems, examine their problems and adapt or go online again.

Which school goes first? Other than a school like Liberty, I’m not sure who “volunteers” to be the first one back. I feel once one school starts pushing back, more will follow. I doubt anyone wants to be in the news for coming back too early.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2020, 11:24:53 AM »
Which school goes first? Other than a school like Liberty, I’m not sure who “volunteers” to be the first one back. I feel once one school starts pushing back, more will follow. I doubt anyone wants to be in the news for coming back too early.

We're talking about Marquette here specifically.  Someone else WILL go first, I guarantee it.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2020, 06:18:50 PM »

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2020, 09:14:13 PM »

The University has to reduce its on-campus residency under direction of Milwaukee’s health department.

So Sophomores have to find housing?  Is there enough non dorm housing available?
Ludum habemus.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »
So Sophomores have to find housing?  Is there enough non dorm housing available?

yes... In some very unfun areas.

feedback