2024 Transfer Portal by onepost
[Today at 10:09:20 PM]

Academic All Americans by Pakuni
[Today at 09:06:28 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:57:45 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Your Marquette Sports Forum is Here to Support You During these Trying Times  (Read 3594 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Dear Valued MUSCOOP Internet Forum User from 8 years ago:

We want to thank you for the trust you put in MUSCOOP, powered by SMF Forums.  As moderators, we feel it's important to share an update on how we are responding to the COVID-19 situation.

Our MUSCOOP Pandemic Strike Force Action Team has been closely monitoring the most upvoted tweets about the virus and the impact it’s having across our internet forum and world since way back when.

There’s no question the health and safety of our moderators is our top priority. I would also add that your health and safety is kind of sort of just as important. We are meeting every day and are continually taking action to:

•   Establish policies that reduce the spread of the virus. 
•   Washing hands before reading or posting on MUSCOOP and/or wearing rubber gloves.
•   Please do not sneeze while reading or typing on MUSCOOP.
•   Contagious MUSCOOP users will be limited to reading and posting in threads that have less than 50 views.

We want to reassure you that we are committed, prepared and actively managing all aspects of the situation so we can continue serving you in your time of need while also keeping our communities safe, even though, come on, we're on the internet and there's no rumors COVID-19 spreads through the internet tubes and pipes.

We’re on this journey with you and look forward to supporting you by, you know, keeping the server on and stuff.  Maybe someone will host a meme tournament so the isolation won't turn us into axe murderers.

(Insert 1000 more words of care and concern here.)

Thank you for continuing to trust MUSCOOP during these trying times.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
I'm sorry to make light of this situation. 

When I got an email from Dairy Queen telling me of their efforts to sanitize the store so I could continue buying fcking Blizzards, I went a little mental.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Blizzards at DQ are fantastic! One is near me. Many could use a sweet treat.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Galway Eagle

• All American
Got one from TouchTunes suggesting that we still purchase touchtunes so the bartenders and waiters working aren't bored... that one set me off along with my student loan company just saying "check your balance and continue to make payments"

Why does every f*cking company feel the need to send something out?
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
Another favorite email came from Ally Bank.  It's an online bank FFS! 

I think the bank is run by robots, so it's good to know they are concerned robots.

JWags85

• All American

I think the bank is run by robots, so it's good to know they are concerned robots.

I got one from an online music supply company, not addressing shipments or closures, but what they were doing. 

One from an online Bitcoin exchange  :o

One from DraftKings, one from a miles/points broker. 

Some were just hilariously unneeded.  Felt like a "hey, we are still here!!" shot in the dark to their email database.

#UnleashSean

• All American
My favorite one so far is a tie between runescape and my web host

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Yep. I got one from Barclays Bank, assuring me that their totally automated online banking services will be available throughout the crisis. Whew!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
A combination cocktail of Horsey and Arby's sauces kills this virus?

Coleman

• All American
I bought my wife Frye boots online like 7 years ago. Just got an email from them....

Eldon

• All American
Preciatcha, Topper. I liked it.

I got one from Nautica.

DegenerateDish

• All American
For me, it was when the Illinois Lottery sent me an email with their response to handling this crisis.

HouWarrior

• All American
First time ever Scoop quarantines a thread subject, from all the other threads. It will not succeed.

My guess is the pandemic will still infect other threads
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
For me, it was when the Illinois Lottery sent me an email with their response to handling this crisis.

huh, I would have thought they'd have just sent you an IOU.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
All those PR guys are earning their keep, history repeating.

In March they were concerned about the pandemic .. fast forward 3 months, and it's racism. 

Don't get me wrong, the sentiment is super.   It just feels very fluffy.

Hard decision there, right?  Our executive committee had an emergency meeting and decided we're against racism and we want you to know about it.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Until I see some diversity on the MUScoop board of directors I'm refusing to shop there, and I'm telling all the other moms in my Facebook group to do the same.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
Until I see some diversity on the MUScoop board of directors I'm refusing to shop there, and I'm telling all the other moms in my Facebook group to do the same.

Wut?  We've got moderators in THREE of the four time zones!

Hards Alumni

• All American
Wut?  We've got moderators in THREE of the four time zones!

You don't have moderators in Hawaiian time zone?  I will gladly accept the position of Scoop moderator in that time zome... but I'm going to need relocation fees and a cost of life increase.  This is a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the greater good!

Pakuni

• All American
Kidding aside, this seems a good place to thank the Scoop moderators for having a light hand when it comes to this board.
There's been plenty of snark and silly argument - of which I've contributed - but also a lot of really good information, sharing of perspectives and exchange of ideas.
So, thanks much.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
We'd moderate more except our hands are full.

feedback