[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 315235 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2020, 07:13:39 PM »
  "Well, studies are currently under way.  No proof yet they do much.  Mass market would be months away"

for vaccine, yes, but chloroquinone + z pack has been used in studies quite successfully by renowned french doc. 5-6 days and virus is gowne!  granted the numbers of patients tested aren't large, but from what they've seen, it's better than nothing.  better than drinking fish tank water.  the drugs themselves have been in use for many years.  we have used many drugs "side effects" for uses other than their primary intentions many times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/24/coronavirus-chloroquine-poisoning-death/
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2020, 08:38:27 PM »
chloroquinone + z pack has been used in studies quite successfully by renowned french doc. 5-6 days and virus is gowne! 

OK.  Not going to argue.  I'll let you keep holding your breath on that.  I feel like you've invested in the solution and hope it works miracles (so that you make money).   But even if it's a miracle worker (it's probably not), I'm betting that it won't be widely recommended for at least 90 days.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2020, 09:02:53 PM »
Maybe. It might be also catastrophic if we don't. There is no good decision here.

Given a choice between health catastrophe and economic catastrophe, you say ... eh, flip a coin?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2020, 11:07:08 PM »
OK.  Not going to argue.  I'll let you keep holding your breath on that.  I feel like you've invested in the solution and hope it works miracles (so that you make money).   But even if it's a miracle worker (it's probably not), I'm betting that it won't be widely recommended for at least 90 days.

“ invested”?  Don’t even know who makes it. Pfizer and a bunch of others. Same for azithromycin.  If you know which company makes the “best generic”. I’m all ears.  Let me go grab my checkbook. 

If these continue to show the efficacy it has, katy bar the door. This is how the research and clinical testing is supposed to work while they continue to work on a vaccine. 

If you had a mild to nasty case of coved-19, wouldn’t you want to take it?  I know I would and yes I would recommend to any family member under same conditions,  unless there were other underlying factors.

Just trying to be half-full I guess

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2020, 11:33:20 PM »
If you had a mild to nasty case of coved-19, wouldn’t you want to take it?
If I had a mild case, I'd ride it out.  If I had a nasty case, I'd leave the big decisions to the medical professionals, not try to tell them what chemical cocktail I think they they should give me.  I think they're better suited to make that decision.

Just trying to be half-full I guess

Oh, I think we all know you're well PAST half full of it!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2020, 11:47:07 PM »
If I had a mild case, I'd ride it out.  If I had a nasty case, I'd leave the big decisions to the medical professionals, not try to tell them what chemical cocktail I think they they should give me.  I think they're better suited to make that decision.

Oh, I think we all know you're well PAST half full of it!

i knew when i posted that it was wide open for something like that.   just didn't think it would have been from you. 

oh, and thank you for your "heart felt" response to the disclosure of my 84 year old dad being left alone in his nursing home...oh well

Goose

• All American
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2020, 12:16:22 AM »
rocket
Why do you bother with these fools. True colors have been exposed to the highest level. The total lack of respect on here is disgusting. Sadly, a moderator shows so much disrespect to fellow scoopers and allows others to do the same.
I feel extremely badly for the situation that your family currently is experiencing. I am sending my prayers to your Mom and Dad and hope they can see each other sooner than later.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2020, 12:35:22 AM »
oh, and thank you for your "heart felt" response to the disclosure of my 84 year old dad being left alone in his nursing home...oh well
True colors have been exposed to the highest level.

I was legitimately relieved for rocket that they shut his dad's home down to visitors.  It's the safest option for nursing homes.
 My 80 YO mom lives alone in NM and I've advised her to avoid contact with others. 

Take care all.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2020, 08:10:27 AM »
Hard to say.

Not really.

WTF is wrong with people?  Everywhere else in the world, nations are shutting down the economy and providing financial security for its citizens.  And what are we doing?  Worrying about the economy and figuring out how many lives are worth it.

And this is lead by people who likely label themselves as "pro-life."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2020, 08:13:12 AM »

Not really.

WTF is wrong with people?  Everywhere else in the world, nations are shutting down the economy and providing financial security for its citizens.  And what are we doing?  Worrying about the economy and figuring out how many lives are worth it.

Back to normal by easter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2020, 08:14:41 AM »
Cruelist fookin' animals on Earth are humans, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2020, 08:36:11 AM »
Given a choice between health catastrophe and economic catastrophe, you say ... eh, flip a coin?

Such a flippant, simplistic statement. I expect better from someone with your intellect.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2020, 08:42:37 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2020, 08:48:38 AM »
Such a flippant, simplistic statement. I expect better from someone with your intellect.

You're not mad at me, just disappointed.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2020, 09:10:20 AM »
Apparently Milwaukee isn't listening to the President -

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/2020/03/24/coronavirus-milwaukee-archdiocese-cancels-catholic-easter-mass/2913405001/
Who in their right mind would wanna go to a packed church anytime soon.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2020, 09:15:50 AM »
The local police chief had to go on the morning news to tell people to stop calling 9-1-1 and telling on their neighbors who are outside or taking "suspicious" car rides.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2020, 09:17:04 AM »
The local police chief had to go on the morning news to tell people to stop calling 9-1-1 and telling on their neighbors who are outside or taking "suspicious" car rides.

Lol That's some 1700s Puritan neighborhood stuff right there.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2020, 09:21:04 AM »
You're not mad at me, just disappointed.

Certainly not angry. And in the unlikely event that you don’t expect better from yourself, not disappointed either.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2020, 09:24:21 AM »

Probably lots of people.  If bars opened back up this weekend, there’d be lines out the door at every one of them.  If the Brewers announced they were playing tomorrow, there’d be 40,000 people at the stadium, all of them tailgating.  The only way to get the general public to stop doing this stuff is to literally take away the option.  It sucks, but it is what it is.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2020, 09:26:59 AM »
Certainly not angry. And in the unlikely event that you don’t expect better from yourself, not disappointed either.

I thought my snark was an appropriate response. Certainly harsher things could be - and have been - said to those who seem willing to trade lives for money.
I respect your feelings of disappointment in my remarks.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2020, 09:37:53 AM »

Not really.

Thanks for this post.

You saved all Scoopers from another one of my rants.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2020, 09:54:27 AM »

Not really.

::) Thanks for your thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:00:11 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2020, 10:13:38 AM »
Fcukwits like Roy Moore

"Moore has been critical of efforts to “flatten the curve” on the coronavirus by closing schools, businesses, and Churches and has recently compared those actions to the works of “tyrants.”

“I am writing a letter to pastors on the duty to continue church assemblies, even in the midst of these trying times,” Moore added. “Our faith requires it, our duty demands it, and no law or government can prohibit it. See our Facebook page for more information.”

https://www.alreporter.com/2020/03/25/roy-moore-says-not-to-give-in-to-fear/
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2020, 10:25:52 AM »

Not really.

Britt Hume has joined the "Let Old People Die" brigade, I see.

feedback