[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 315237 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2020, 10:54:33 AM »

Out of hartford

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2020, 11:07:42 AM »
aka #f*ckyoupayme.

What is interesting is if all the tenants band together and tell the landlord to kick rocks... what happens?  Do they all get evicted?  That'd be impossible, plus it'd be bad press.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2020, 11:21:01 AM »
The Governor issued his order today.  Runs through April 24.  Numerous exceptions.  Man, that's a long time with just the wife and I at home....
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2020, 11:29:04 AM »
The Governor issued his order today.  Runs through April 24.

Numerous exceptions.  Man, that's a long time with just the wife and I at home....

Ive already made multiple jokes about breaking up haha

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2020, 11:32:06 AM »
The Governor issued his order today.  Runs through April 24.  Numerous exceptions.  Man, that's a long time with just the wife and I at home....

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/health-and-fitness/is-it-safe-to-have-sex-coronavirus

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2020, 11:33:13 AM »

Or:

https://news.yahoo.com/york-city-health-officials-safest-153000313.html

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2020, 11:41:35 AM »
Wow thanks for jerk off advice to keep us safe..

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2020, 11:43:41 AM »

If it's anything like Indiana, the order has no teeth whatsoever

https://www.reddit.com/r/indianapolis/comments/fnvyg4/if_you_believe_your_business_is_nonessential_but/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2020, 11:56:16 AM »
aka #f*ckyoupayme.

What is interesting is if all the tenants band together and tell the landlord to kick rocks... what happens?  Do they all get evicted?  That'd be impossible, plus it'd be bad press.

Maybe, just maybe the landlord needs money too, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2020, 12:13:41 PM »
aka #f*ckyoupayme.

Ah a general rent strike. A classic of dorm-room and college seminar type what-if reasoning about means to break what some see as an unjust distribution of land and capital. Who woulda thought it only takes a global pandemic to mainstream the idea.

First I saw "nationalize critical industries" as an idea that moved from the fringe to the mainstream on Twitter. Then "see a general labor strike *would* work and we should do it more often" creeping into the conversation. Now, a general rent strike... that overton window sure is shifting.

Anyway, more to your point. Right now if you don't pay your rent the odds of you getting evicted anytime soon are somewhere between slim and none. The courthouses are closed. Milwaukee is adjourning eviction cases into July that are normally scheduled within 25 days of filing, and the small claims judge issued a stay on all writs of restitution (the orders directing the sheriff's to oversee an eviction) that is in place until at least April 9. Now... does that judge have any legal authority to do so, you might rightfully be wondering. Well, the answer is almost certainly not, but the remedy if you're a landlord that's been affected by this is to appeal that order and perhaps get the order struck down in 6-9 months.

From a practical perspective, if tenants are cool with catching up on rent and any accrued late fees once the crisis clears, there's precious little their landlords can do to them in the meantime.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 12:18:01 PM by jficke13 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2020, 12:17:08 PM »

Oh, I understand, he has his bills to pay as well.  I just find the, "go work at wal mart, you bums" to be a tad condescending.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2020, 12:18:32 PM »
Oh, I understand, he has his bills to pay as well.  I just find the, "go work at wal mart, you bums" to be a tad condescending.

Yeah, that memo isn't really the best look.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2020, 03:00:22 PM »

First I saw "nationalize critical industries" as an idea that moved from the fringe to the mainstream on Twitter.

Mainstream on Twitter?

You’re trying to trick us, aren’t you?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2020, 03:53:36 PM »
How much money do you guys think is out there to just pump, all at once, back into businesses that may not even survive what $timuli that can be doled out? 

Our economy depends on money FLOW. 

Easy to say, just lock everything down for 2, 3, 4 weeks...whatever it takes, but at what cost?  That is not going to get rid of this virus anyway.  After 2-3-4 weeks our economy will be in the mother of all depressions.

The chloroquine/zpack has shown to be very effective...100%?  What drugs are 100% free of side effects? 

Plasma antibodies

Eventual vaccines

We have to go with what we have right now as the better wheel is being developed.

Remember what we did during the AIDS epidemic?  Don’t stop having sex, whoa no, just practice it safely? 

There aren’t going to be absolutely perfect answers because there will be downsides to everything. What has the least numbers of downsides. This is where people are being stupid. Only “there guys” have the best answers or better yeast, just sit back and criticize anyone who tries to come up with some answers.  But to burn down the house?

Yeah, but how was the play mrs Lincoln?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2020, 03:57:51 PM »
How much money do you guys think is out there to just pump, all at once, back into businesses that may not even survive what $timuli that can be doled out? 

Our economy depends on money FLOW. 

Easy to say, just lock everything down for 2, 3, 4 weeks...whatever it takes, but at what cost?  That is not going to get rid of this virus anyway.  After 2-3-4 weeks our economy will be in the mother of all depressions.

The chloroquine/zpack has shown to be very effective...100%?  What drugs are 100% free of side effects? 

Plasma antibodies

Eventual vaccines

We have to go with what we have right now as the better wheel is being developed.

Remember what we did during the AIDS epidemic?  Don’t stop having sex, whoa no, just practice it safely? 

There aren’t going to be absolutely perfect answers because there will be downsides to everything. What has the least numbers of downsides. This is where people are being stupid. Only “there guys” have the best answers or better yeast, just sit back and criticize anyone who tries to come up with some answers.  But to burn down the house?

Yeah, but how was the play mrs Lincoln?

Well the fed just prints it, so there is really as much as they want.  As long as inflation doesn't go through the roof.  I'm not advocating that, of course.  But that is reality.

We absolutely have to shut down.  Two week minimum.  If we'd have done this a month and a half ago, we would be done by now.  Every day we decide not to do it, we just do more damage. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2020, 03:58:10 PM »
just sit back and criticize anyone who tries to come up with some answers. 

You asked a lot of questions - I didn't see many answers there either.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »
You asked a lot of questions - I didn't see many answers there either.

How many answers do you want? 

I listed the 2-3 possible pharmaceuticals that should be used while we work toward better ones, eventually getting to a vaccine.  Which, btw, will have some side effects

Otherwise, I am hinting if you will, toward starting to open things up within the next week or two.  We cannot afford to allow our economy to get to the point of no return.  The government cannot Continue to provide for all of those without a paycheck.

Ok, I just opened to the door to get slammed on me.  Nothing comes with a 100% guarantee. Maintain safe practices and let’s get back to work

Full disclosure, they just closed the nursing home my dad is in to ALL visitors, including my mom.  Yes, that is essential.  These residents are MOST at risk to catch the virus and DIE.  We will be visiting via FaceTime and phone probably more than we got in to visit him which was about once per week per sibling but every day for mom

btw, how are drug addicts getting along?  Didn’t see that on the list of “essential services”.  Just saying, be careful out there because a crazed drug addict can/will present with some real safety issues.

Uncle joe, “ you have to take care of the cure, that will make the problem worse no matter what” ...wha wha what?  Someone test him please
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2020, 05:23:29 PM »
Uncle joe, “ you have to take care of the cure, that will make the problem worse no matter what” ...wha wha what?  Someone test him please

Don't act like your guy is some genius who never says idiotic things either. Play even or don't play at all.
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2020, 05:26:17 PM »

I listed the 2-3 possible pharmaceuticals that should be used while we work toward better ones, eventually getting to a vaccine.  Which, btw, will have some side effects

Otherwise, I am hinting if you will, toward starting to open things up within the next week or two.  We cannot afford to allow our economy to get to the point of no return.  The government cannot Continue to provide for all of those without a paycheck.

Ok, I just opened to the door to get slammed on me.  Nothing comes with a 100% guarantee. Maintain safe practices and let’s get back to work

Full disclosure, they just closed the nursing home my dad is in to ALL visitors, including my mom.  Yes, that is essential.  These residents are MOST at risk to catch the virus and DIE.  We will be visiting via FaceTime and phone probably more than we got in to visit him which was about once per week per sibling but every day for mom

btw, how are drug addicts getting along?  Didn’t see that on the list of “essential services”.  Just saying, be careful out there because a crazed drug addict can/will present with some real safety issues.

It will be substantially worse for our economy if we come back too early, see cases spike, and have to shut down again.

If the US is such a great country, shutting down (without really shutting down) for a few weeks isn’t going to take our economy to the brink of no return.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »

Wrong. Getting back to work is going to be a catastrophic decision

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »

Well, studies are currently under way.  No proof yet they do much.  Mass market would be months away

I don't disagree - but think we need to try to hold off until Apr 6ish.  I think you also understand, if lots of people are working and the healthcare system collapses, it's going to be as bad, if not worse.

Yup, glad they're doing it - hopefully all are/have - and hope it's not too late!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2020, 06:27:09 PM »
Wrong. Getting back to work is going to be a catastrophic decision

Maybe. It might be also catastrophic if we don't. There is no good decision here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:29:31 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »

Yeah. So it's a good thing he knows that he can go to work for Amazon or Walmart, like he told his tenants to do...

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »
Maybe. It might be also catastrophic if we don't. There is no good decision here.

It's not going to be pandemic levels of catastrophe.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2020, 07:12:12 PM »

It's not going to be pandemic levels of catastrophe.
Hard to say.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton