[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 316146 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2850 on: December 06, 2021, 08:21:28 PM »
Is their vaccination rate 90%+?

Do they have record hospitalizations?

Yes. Mostly unvaccinated in the hospitals. Which goes against more of your anecdotal nonsense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2851 on: December 07, 2021, 05:44:12 AM »
Delta ravages the unvaccinated and causes more breakthrough cases.    Duh.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #2852 on: December 07, 2021, 06:24:09 AM »
The data from your link was from October.  Might still be the case here in December but the numbers from a macro level in Wisconsin have gotten dramatically worse in the 5-6 weeks since October.

I would say 80-85% unvaccinated in my large hospital in Wisconsin.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2853 on: December 07, 2021, 06:36:42 AM »
I would say 80-85% unvaccinated in my large hospital in Wisconsin.

You work at a hospital?  You’ve probably met space arrow
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2854 on: December 07, 2021, 07:07:42 AM »
You work at a hospital?  You’ve probably met space arrow

If he hasn’t meet arrow, he probably is lying about working in a hospital.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2855 on: December 07, 2021, 08:16:05 AM »
looks like the numbers don't bear out your fantasy/troll/sealion/anecdata, Pace:

"About a quarter of Bellin's hospital beds are filled by COVID-19 patients, Mead said, and it gets graver inside the ICU, where 50% of the patients are sick with COVID-19. None of the COVID-19 patients in the ICU are vaccinated. Across the hospital, 75% of the COVID-19 patients are also unvaccinated, he said."

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2021/12/03/covid-wisconsin-hospitals-turning-away-patients-cases-climb-staffs-struggle/8855404002/

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2856 on: December 07, 2021, 08:29:07 AM »
I'M JUST TELLING YOU GUYS WHAT I HEARD!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2857 on: December 07, 2021, 08:37:44 AM »
Some people are saying...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2858 on: December 07, 2021, 08:42:06 AM »
Facebook should never be used as a source.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2859 on: December 07, 2021, 09:52:06 AM »
Fluffy just passing along what I’m being told.  Well past worrying about being right or wrong, frankly exhausted by the constant dick measuring with this stuff but figured since I’m one of a couple people posting on scoop who are actually in hospitals and on these units figured it might be helpful to pass along what I’m hearing.

Guys guys guys, please stop dick measuring (pointing out when I'm glaringly, hilariously wrong).

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2860 on: December 07, 2021, 10:47:34 AM »
Fluffy just passing along what I’m being told.  Well past worrying about being right or wrong, frankly exhausted by the constant dick measuring with this stuff but figured since I’m one of a couple people posting on scoop who are actually in hospitals and on these units figured it might be helpful to pass along what I’m hearing.

You need to stop doing this.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2861 on: December 07, 2021, 11:01:29 AM »
You need to stop doing this.

The transparent rhetorical technique of "I've heard," or "I'm passing on what I'm being told," or famously employed *constantly* by someone of prominence who has been reduced to a somewhat less prominent role of late "many people are saying" is so blatantly a tell for "I'm making up the thing I'm about to say but want to couch it in plausibly deniable language so that it doesn't seem quite like I'm making it up, but obviously I'm making it up."

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2862 on: December 07, 2021, 12:14:40 PM »
The transparent rhetorical technique of "I've heard," or "I'm passing on what I'm being told," or famously employed *constantly* by someone of prominence who has been reduced to a somewhat less prominent role of late "many people are saying" is so blatantly a tell for "I'm making up the thing I'm about to say but want to couch it in plausibly deniable language so that it doesn't seem quite like I'm making it up, but obviously I'm making it up."

Or maybe it’s just simply what someone is being told.  There’s of course no way for me to confirm each patients vax status so it is admittedly nothing more then the anecdotal feedback I’m hearing. 

Take the Bellin example that was referenced earlier.  Zero vaccinated patients in the ICU, all unvaxed.  But then overall 25% of patients hospitalized at Bellin are vaxed.  So if I were meeting with a Covid unit that is not the ICU at Bellin there’s a pretty good chance a nurse without getting into actual specifics might say generally the breakdown she’s seeing on her unit is 50/50 for vaxed vs unvaxed. 

Maybe it’s 60/40 but it’s not some huge stretch for a nurse on that Covid (non critical care) unit to say it’s pretty much using Bellin’s own numbers they reported for that story.   Not everything is some big nefarious scheme, sometimes it is just what it is.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2863 on: December 07, 2021, 12:53:25 PM »
Or maybe it’s just simply what someone is being told.  There’s of course no way for me to confirm each patients vax status so it is admittedly nothing more then the anecdotal feedback I’m hearing. 

Take the Bellin example that was referenced earlier.  Zero vaccinated patients in the ICU, all unvaxed.  But then overall 25% of patients hospitalized at Bellin are vaxed.  So if I were meeting with a Covid unit that is not the ICU at Bellin there’s a pretty good chance a nurse without getting into actual specifics might say generally the breakdown she’s seeing on her unit is 50/50 for vaxed vs unvaxed. 

Maybe it’s 60/40 but it’s not some huge stretch for a nurse on that Covid (non critical care) unit to say it’s pretty much using Bellin’s own numbers they reported for that story.   Not everything is some big nefarious scheme, sometimes it is just what it is.

That’s fine. The issue is then taking that statement and using it to try and apply it to a global landscape. You’ve been trying to use that one nurse’s experience to say, just as many vaxxed people are hospitalized as unvaxxed.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2864 on: December 18, 2021, 09:38:31 AM »
Watch now: Rural Wisconsin hospitals 'burning on the inside' with COVID-19 surge
https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/health-med-fit/watch-now-rural-wisconsin-hospitals-burning-on-the-inside-with-covid-19-surge/article_5a8c8486-e99d-5f41-ac6b-f1443ccab90e.html

"MEDFORD — Leaders at Aspirus Medford Hospital gathered this week to assess their situation: 19 patients, double the regular load. Twelve with COVID-19, 11 of them unvaccinated. Three on ventilators, with another likely needing ventilation soon.

Hospitals around the state are overwhelmed by another surge of COVID-19 patients and an influx of people needing other care, and rural hospitals are especially stretched to the limit, administrators say. With flu season starting, holiday gatherings ripe for spreading illness and the emerging omicron variant of the coronavirus showing signs of unprecedented transmission, the situation could soon become even more dire.

In Medford, a city of 4,300 people where many jobs involve making windows, cheese or frozen pizza, hospital workers feel frustration from being in the county with the state’s lowest COVID-19 vaccination rate. Just 34.5% of residents in Taylor County had received at least one dose as of Friday, compared to 61.3% statewide and 79.9% in Dane County.

Many of the COVID-19 patients in Medford are in their 30s, 40s or 50s, younger than during the surge a year ago, before vaccines became available and were widely adopted by older adults.

“It’s saddening and frustrating to see so many people here who might not have had to be here if they had been vaccinated,” Woelfel said. “I personally haven’t had a person yet who says they wish they had been vaccinated. I’m waiting for that day.”

Since the pandemic began, 26 of the hospital’s COVID-19 patients have died. As of Friday, 106 of the 137 COVID-19 patients at Aspirus’ 17 hospitals in Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula were not fully vaccinated, including at least 39 of the 43 in intensive care.

But Faude said many people in the area distrust health care workers. Some demand that their loved ones be treated with ivermectin, an anti-parasitic livestock pill that doctors say is not suitable for humans with COVID-19, she said. Skepticism of vaccination seems entrenched, she said.

“They feel like it’s this big hoax that the government is trying to push on people, and so they don’t trust where the vaccine’s coming from or the intentions behind it,” Faude said.

CEO Dale Hustedt also sees denial in the community. “They refuse to accept that COVID is here and that it’s real and that people are dying from it,” he said."

~~~
So congrats to Fox and the stupid unnatural carnal knowledgeing anti-vaxxers here and everywhere.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2865 on: December 18, 2021, 09:41:49 AM »
Watch now: Rural Wisconsin hospitals 'burning on the inside' with COVID-19 surge
https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/health-med-fit/watch-now-rural-wisconsin-hospitals-burning-on-the-inside-with-covid-19-surge/article_5a8c8486-e99d-5f41-ac6b-f1443ccab90e.html

"MEDFORD — Leaders at Aspirus Medford Hospital gathered this week to assess their situation: 19 patients, double the regular load. Twelve with COVID-19, 11 of them unvaccinated. Three on ventilators, with another likely needing ventilation soon.

Hospitals around the state are overwhelmed by another surge of COVID-19 patients and an influx of people needing other care, and rural hospitals are especially stretched to the limit, administrators say. With flu season starting, holiday gatherings ripe for spreading illness and the emerging omicron variant of the coronavirus showing signs of unprecedented transmission, the situation could soon become even more dire.

In Medford, a city of 4,300 people where many jobs involve making windows, cheese or frozen pizza, hospital workers feel frustration from being in the county with the state’s lowest COVID-19 vaccination rate. Just 34.5% of residents in Taylor County had received at least one dose as of Friday, compared to 61.3% statewide and 79.9% in Dane County.

Many of the COVID-19 patients in Medford are in their 30s, 40s or 50s, younger than during the surge a year ago, before vaccines became available and were widely adopted by older adults.

“It’s saddening and frustrating to see so many people here who might not have had to be here if they had been vaccinated,” Woelfel said. “I personally haven’t had a person yet who says they wish they had been vaccinated. I’m waiting for that day.”

Since the pandemic began, 26 of the hospital’s COVID-19 patients have died. As of Friday, 106 of the 137 COVID-19 patients at Aspirus’ 17 hospitals in Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula were not fully vaccinated, including at least 39 of the 43 in intensive care.

But Faude said many people in the area distrust health care workers. Some demand that their loved ones be treated with ivermectin, an anti-parasitic livestock pill that doctors say is not suitable for humans with COVID-19, she said. Skepticism of vaccination seems entrenched, she said.

“They feel like it’s this big hoax that the government is trying to push on people, and so they don’t trust where the vaccine’s coming from or the intentions behind it,” Faude said.

CEO Dale Hustedt also sees denial in the community. “They refuse to accept that COVID is here and that it’s real and that people are dying from it,” he said."

~~~
So congrats to Fox and the stupid unnatural carnal knowledgeing anti-vaxxers here and everywhere.

Thin the herd
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2866 on: December 18, 2021, 11:47:56 PM »

~~~

Yeah, but some anonymous interwebs poster has anecdotal evidence that the above isn't true. And really, who are we supposed to believe?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2867 on: January 13, 2022, 10:05:07 AM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2868 on: January 13, 2022, 10:42:53 AM »
During Covid times .. bottoms up, Wisconsin.

https://wispolicyforum.org/research/a-sobering-trend-alcohol-deaths-up-sharply-in-wisconsin/

I mean, are they deaths from alcohol or did they have underlying conditions? This is the government trying to control you, open your eyes sheeple

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2869 on: January 13, 2022, 10:50:42 AM »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2870 on: January 13, 2022, 12:19:48 PM »
I mean, are they deaths from alcohol or did they have underlying conditions? This is the government trying to control you, open your eyes sheeple

Honestly, the cause of 100% of deaths is cardiac and respiratory arrest coincident with a cessation of neurological function. Any other mechanism that contributes to those three factors is merely coincident or contributing, but not causative.

• All American
« Reply #2871 on: January 22, 2022, 01:02:38 PM »
The local sewage district that has been tracking coronavirus in the wastewater since the beginning of the pandemic, has seen a pretty distinct drop-off in the past week.  That mirrors the state's positives, which have also decreased the last few days.

Looks like good news.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2872 on: January 22, 2022, 02:06:39 PM »
The local sewage district that has been tracking coronavirus in the wastewater since the beginning of the pandemic, has seen a pretty distinct drop-off in the past week.  That mirrors the state's positives, which have also decreased the last few days.

Looks like good news.

I haven't researched deeply, but this research seems to be pretty good in terms of following trends. I think Connecticut or another northeast state has been doing it thoroughly since the beginning

• All American
« Reply #2873 on: January 22, 2022, 02:10:16 PM »
I haven't researched deeply, but this research seems to be pretty good in terms of following trends. I think Connecticut or another northeast state has been doing it thoroughly since the beginning

It seems like a pretty good leading indicator.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2874 on: January 22, 2022, 02:18:28 PM »

Connecticut, yes.  Yale scientist discovered the procedure.
There has been a huge drop in the last week plus of monitoring so they feel the wave is subsiding very quickly.