collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 314854 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 03:40:25 AM »
Where at? I'm in Racine.

I work in Kenosha, live on the other side of the imaginary line.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 07:40:12 AM »
Heard something similar from a source I trust.

We pulled our kids out of daycare on Monday, then they obviously closed yesterday. Never felt right to have them in there when schools were closed. Wife is in outpatient nursing and can work from home in her role for now. But we're afraid there's an outside chance she gets redeployed to inpatient.

Can almost guarantee she will....my wife is an Outpatient PT and has part time redeployed into patient screening and observation(make sure every is putting on and taking off their PPE correctly) and other roles that are necessary but not require a fully qualified nurse.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2020, 08:47:41 AM »
TmJ4 has a map with all the Milwaukee cases if anyone's interested.

https://mcoem.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/018eedbe075046779b8062b5fe1055bf

edit: this is the link.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:42:21 AM by mu_hilltopper »
Maigh Eo for Sam

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 11:48:31 AM »
Can almost guarantee she will....my wife is an Outpatient PT and has part time redeployed into patient screening and observation(make sure every is putting on and taking off their PPE correctly) and other roles that are necessary but not require a fully qualified nurse.

She will do it willingly if called upon, as she has a long history in inpatient oncology, but right now, it sounds as though nurses that are in specialty areas where elective procedures are on hold are most likely to get re-appropriated.  It still may get to that point, but she won't be the first called.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »
Mildly interesting / funny-tragic.  Shorewood sent out an email that they will not be enforcing parking regulations. 

They list a bunch that won't be enforced .. obvious ones, like parking-time zones, not enforced.  Too close to a crosswalk?  Not enforced.   Wheels too far from the curb?  Not enforced.

Ok, that sounds fine.

But also .. You can now park in front of a NO PARKING sign.  Oh, and fire hydrants are OK now too.  My favorite .. handicapped parking. 

I've been waiting 34 years to park in a handicapped spot, now I can finally do that without the hassle of being disabled.   8-)

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2020, 02:18:22 PM »
TmJ4 has a map with all the Milwaukee cases if anyone's interested.

https://mcoem.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/018eedbe075046779b8062b5fe1055bf

edit: this is the link.

Thank you for this.  A bit clunky but helpful to see the distribution more clearly.  I do wonder what location is marked for a case.  Home? (doesn't seem that would be information released publicly)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2020, 02:25:15 PM »
Mildly interesting / funny-tragic.  Shorewood sent out an email that they will not be enforcing parking regulations. 

They list a bunch that won't be enforced .. obvious ones, like parking-time zones, not enforced.  Too close to a crosswalk?  Not enforced.   Wheels too far from the curb?  Not enforced.

Ok, that sounds fine.

But also .. You can now park in front of a NO PARKING sign.  Oh, and fire hydrants are OK now too.  My favorite .. handicapped parking. 

I've been waiting 34 years to park in a handicapped spot, now I can finally do that without the hassle of being disabled.   8-)

Such a facepalm move.  Just don't enforce it, and don't tell people.  Not enforcing the fire hydrants could be disastrous. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2020, 02:25:35 PM »
Wisconsin's press conference this afternoon has been a disaster.  Could not sound less prepared and more scrambled.  After watching NY all week, the difference could not be more clear.  Evers not exactly exuding leadership calm and confidence.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2020, 02:49:45 PM »
Wisconsin's press conference this afternoon has been a disaster.  Could not sound less prepared and more scrambled.  After watching NY all week, the difference could not be more clear.  Evers not exactly exuding leadership calm and confidence.

This is shocking somehow?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2020, 02:55:25 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2020, 03:13:05 PM »

Ok, that sounds fine.

Wow. I understand most of them in these strange times...but fire hydrants?!?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2020, 03:25:53 PM »

That's funny. Earlier this week we had posters talking about what a cluster**** NY is.

I'm guessing some people were disappointed because he used no racial attacks, didn't attack the media, or talk about how how great he is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:33:57 PM by Jockey »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2020, 04:20:49 PM »
That's funny. Earlier this week we had posters talking about what a cluster**** NY is.

I'm guessing some people were disappointed because he used no racial attacks, didn't attack the media, or talk about how how great he is.

I mentioned nothing about anything you're referring to.  NYC has been a cluster due to De Blasio's panicked claims and disorganized rambling speeches.  NY state's response and general demeanor has been praised, lots of kudos and praise for Cuomo regardless of political affiliation.  He's been collected, reassuring, and measured.

I could care less if Evers was red, blue, green, or Whig, his speech gave no confidence that WI has a handle on things or a plan. But sure, make this another platform to attack Trump.  We certainly don't have enough threads for that  ::)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2020, 04:40:07 PM »
Not sure why no shelter in place order for Wisconsin yet.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2020, 05:01:01 PM »
Not sure why no shelter in place order for Wisconsin yet.

I think Wisconsin is watching Illinois, then deploying after seeing their immediate strategy.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2020, 05:14:16 PM »
I think Wisconsin is watching Illinois, then deploying after seeing their immediate strategy.

That was the sense I got as well.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2020, 05:18:20 PM »
Had to hit three stores to fulfill a small shopping list. One item still unattainable, baking yeast.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »
I mentioned nothing about anything you're referring to.  NYC has been a cluster due to De Blasio's panicked claims and disorganized rambling speeches.  NY state's response and general demeanor has been praised, lots of kudos and praise for Cuomo regardless of political affiliation.  He's been collected, reassuring, and measured.

I could care less if Evers was red, blue, green, or Whig, his speech gave no confidence that WI has a handle on things or a plan. But sure, make this another platform to attack Trump.  We certainly don't have enough threads for that  ::)

I watched the entire press conference and thought it was fine. Low key. Just the facts. He projected calm and outlined the steps that are being taken.

If your issue was that there wasn't enough bluster, then you don't know Evers. We are not NY or Cali and don't need to take the same steps - yet. But he has had a handle on this. He acted to close schools and bars and restaurants. He has called for people to act responsibly. He is working with the Nat'l Guard when most states aren't. He is working with hospitals to get equipment. He has not  - and never will - go to the podium and tell us he is doing everything perfect. He has to work in a state whose Senator voted against aid to Wisconsinites and who is against unemployment pay for people who worked in the bars and restaurants that have closed. And most of all - unlike me - he has not called out anyone who makes partisan attacks or disagrees with him

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »
Had to hit three stores to fulfill a small shopping list. One item still unattainable, baking yeast.

For bread?  You can make your own sourdough starter... plus its really fun!

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/sourdough-starter-recipe

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2020, 07:33:55 PM »

Ok, that sounds fine.

There are no silver linings in this whole mess, but if you're looking for one, it's seeing how many of societal rules are horsecrap. See ISPs lifting data caps, too.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/madisonwi/comments/fmhqv3/fyi_the_sun_prairie_costco_is_only_letting_in/

As a result, there is a huge line outside, and there is a large crowd of waiting people in the enclosed cart area right outside the main entrance. Virtually no observance of the 6 feet rule. I found this to be a hazard, since there were about 100 people all waiting in an enclosed space. We waited for about 20 minutes in the unmoving line outside, then left after we saw the larger group waiting on the other side of the roll-up doors.

#UnleashSean

• All American

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2020, 04:15:25 PM »
Literally only making it worse that way.

Yeah, I can imagine someone will get chewed out over that one.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2020, 04:56:55 PM »
My niece owns a small café in ‘tosa (Miss Molly’s).  She, like so many small businesses curtailed or shut down, is at her wits end to keep running.  So like so many, she switched to pick up/delivery and meal kits.

Her cousin lives is NC and wanted to help the cause, but wasn’t driving to Wisconsin for a meal kit.  She suggested that her order be delivered to a health care worker or nursing home janitor or firefighter, etc.  Solid idea.  It has taken hold.  People care.  Win, win.
Ludum habemus.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2020, 05:09:41 PM »
My niece owns a small café in ‘tosa (Miss Molly’s).  She, like so many small businesses curtailed or shut down, is at her wits end to keep running.  So like so many, she switched to pick up/delivery and meal kits.

Her cousin lives is NC and wanted to help the cause, but wasn’t driving to Wisconsin for a meal kit.  She suggested that her order be delivered to a health care worker or nursing home janitor or firefighter, etc.  Solid idea.  It has taken hold.  People care.  Win, win.

My fav ideas that I’ve seen include gift cards that are like $80-90 for $100 for future restaurant visits to get some revenue to restaurants right now.

The other I saw from Lettuce Entertain You was meal plans for the week, 3 meals, each from a different restaurant in their family, 3 courses that feeds 4. It’s something I can definitely see sticking on the other side of it

feedback