collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scotch  (Read 1329 times)

Phuket MU Fan

• Starter
Scotch
« on: March 16, 2020, 03:00:07 PM »
I recently read an article that recommended the Scotches listed below.  If you have tried any of these I would appreciate your feedback.  I want to increase the selection I currently have.

Old Pulteney 15

Dalmore King Alexander III

Springbank 12 Year Cask Strength

Bunnahabhain 18

Aberlour A’bunadh or ‘Aberlour of the Origins’

Scapa Skiren Single Malt

Glenmorangie Signet

Balvenie 14 Caribbean Rum Cask

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Scotch
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 03:06:28 PM »
I have only had the Bunnahabhain 18 and the Glenmorangie Signet (as well as the other Glenmorangie 18yo).

I really used to love the Bunnahabhain but now I personally feel it's too smooth, almost like what Makers Mark is to bourbon. The Glenmorangie 18 is OK but the Signet is so much better, current favorite when I have the $$$.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 03:11:20 PM »
During these next few weeks, I actually plan to decrease the selection I have on hand.   ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 03:26:06 PM »
During these next few weeks, I actually plan to decrease the selection I have on hand.   ;D

Same, time to dust off some of the old bottles that have made their way to the back.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 03:28:06 PM »
Have had a few of those. Unfortunately it was a whisky fest so I can't give you a report on them other than they went down nice and stayed down.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:07:28 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »
The Caribbean Cask is delightful. If you're not into the real peaty scotches, then you'd really enjoy it.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 03:45:49 PM »
Can't comment on any of those you listed, but I was in Scotland last year and found a few I like, that I hadn't heard of before

Auchentoshan 12 (this is one of the few Lowland Scotches, the distillery is right outside Glasgow)...similar profile to a Speyside

Tamdhu 15 - nice smooth Speyside, on par with Macallan

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 04:04:27 PM »
Paging Keefe, paging Keefe

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 05:07:25 PM »
Paging Keefe, paging Keefe

Chili too.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 06:40:45 PM »

Dalmore King Alexander III

Bunnahabhain 18

Aberlour A’bunadh or ‘Aberlour of the Origins’   

Dalmore King Alexander III - Sextuple casking delivers complexity but it is almost too much on the palate. Dalmore is the definitive Highland single malt; the 18 is better through and through at half the price.   

Bunnahabhain 18 - Bunnahabhain's niche is being the unpeated Islay. A notable exception is their Cruach Mhóna which begs the question: Why don't they peat their malt? Cruach Mhóna 18 is the choice from this distiller.

Aberlour A’bunadh or ‘Aberlour of the Origins’  - Sublime. Arberlour distills an exceptional whisky. The A’bunadh batches are some of the finest whiskys ever created.

Death on call

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 06:11:29 AM »
Bunnahabhain 18 is the best in the bunch in my view, but I prefer smooth vs. peaty flavor.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

feedback